MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doggonekid View Post
    Got out my furnaces and bullet molds and then, it was time to go to bed. The older I get the harder it is to stay up after 10:00. I will finish this story at a latter date.
    10 ? I'm lucky to make it to 9pm.

But, we get up at 4........

I loaded 150 9mm for practice. working of getting some 125gr lead boolits powder coated for more practice rounds.

Cooked my first batch of FWFL.

(The original Felix-sticky at lube section NEEDS a modified 1. post that has little bit more information. Now the info is scattered in those million and half following posts.)
    --------
    SISU

My shooting buddy came over and ran the press (Lee Classic Turret) and made 50 9mm's (his first time) while we caught up on the latest. I think the hook has been engaged.

Boolit Master
    Started rummaging through a storage crate of assorted, thought to be empty, cardboard ammo boxes and found four boxes of 44mag cases and a bag of assorted commercial and mil 223 cases. Put all in a ultrasonic citric acid bath to clean and then polished them. Now to full length size and trim to length for future use. I didn't like the bases of a box of 44's that I would expect would separate at the head, so I flattened them with a pliers and into the scrape bucket they went
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Walked by on my way out the door to go to work. I have to work to support my habit of saving money by casting and reloading. I will resume my endeavors at 4:15 pm.

Boolit Buddy
    Finished lubing, sizing and gas checking 250+ each of RCBS 45-350-FN and RCBS 45-405-FN that I cast the previous week. That, along with the 150 rounds of 45-70 I loaded last month (NOE and RCBS boolits) should be enough for the next few months, especially at my age (79) and with winter setting in. With that fun chore finished, I started loading 223 and have already finished somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 rounds. I use my old Dillion RL550 to reload the 223 and it goes really fast since I don't prime on the Dillon but prefer to hand prime with the RCBS universal hand primer while relaxing and watching TV. My brother and I shoot up a LOT of 223 and we have a couple of new AR's to break in - I milled the 80% lowers this summer and we just put upper receivers, barrels and stocks on them last month. So I'm keeping busy in retirement.....

sleeper1428

Boolit Grand Master

Setup the 550B for a run of Hornady 115 grain RN. It's ready to go. Just waiting for the wife to get back so she can watch my son. He has a habit of trying to grab everything on the table. Don't know how many I will load. Box looks to have about 300 bullets in it. May have more

Boolit Master

Swaged primer pockets on a 3 lb. coffee can of crimped 223 brass. Plan on loading some up after the hoiday, to see what bullet weight the rifle prefers.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Grand Master

Ended up loading 303 rounds because that's how many bullets were left. Took longer than it should because of a bunch of WCC brass. I was using range pickups and there was a lot of that brass. They went straight into the recycle bucket. I won't waste time swaging 9mm primer pockets.

Boolit Master

Went to load some .45ACP in my Dillon, but it was operating with some resistance, so I wiped it down the shaft with carburetor cleaner and then put some Marvel Mystery Oil on it. It seemed to help a little, so I then loaded 50 rounds of .45ACP. Was having a problem with crushing primers, so I stuck a piece of all-thread that was slightly larger in diameter than a large primer pocket in the drill press and used a file to taper it somewhat. Then used that to clean out / remove the crimp on the primer pockets. It seemed to help somewhat since the frequency of crushed primers seemed to go down a bit.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Ha, ha. Just a few more nibbling and set the hook real good!

finally got around loading up some 5.56 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiederladen.gif 
Views:	151 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	181386
    E Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY...7s-n6LwwJNbPGg

Just annealed another 150 rounds of 9.3x74R brass to fire-form in my Ballard Pacific in .40-90 Ballard. Monday up at the range went really well and I test fire-formed the first 54 rounds and they formed up fairly well. They blew out to the chamber about 2/3rds of the way down and will require finish forming with a full house load and a 400 grain bullet to finish forming the bases ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

I can't beat Reverand Al's post, but...

Had my nephew reload his first 9 30/06 rounds by showing him each step with 1, then having him do all the same steps with the other 9.

Then we took them out back and shot them.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I've been buying brass and tossing it in a tub and tall 50 cal can as it came in..........good grief . Apparently I was under the impression that 30-30 would continue to be unavailable here . There's a bbl burner WM in the stash also , if I load and shoot all the 1x brass on hand it should be time for a new bbl . I did find some goodies I can part with as it is severely over stocked , even by last year's standards . A couple cartridges are in need of propping up but most others need no help . Slowly there seems to be some order coming into the mess .
    I guess I was looking for a particular bullet and to put up some brass , I wound up sorting and canning about 1000 brass in 5 cartridges with another gob of unknown quantities .
    I did find the bullets I was looking for before the neatness happened .

Attachment 181443
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    HangFireW8 great going, another reloader in the brigade

Loaded some 40 S&W and sized a few more Lee 358-158SWC-GC.

Loaded up another 100, 9mm practice rounds. Then I loaded up 10 ladder rounds with TL 356-124-2R that I got from a friend (15lbs) in a trade for ingots, and then 50 rounds of 223 with lead boolits. Found what was stinking up the garage; lawnmower with old gas in it. It went outside until tomorrow when I can deal with it.

Boolit Master
    Primed and charged 100 222 Rem cases with 19.2 grains of IMR 4198. Will finish loading tomorrow with Sierra 50 grn sp.
    Life is so much better with dogs!