RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Cast 200 Lee 44 rnfp from a new mold, ended up with 115 keepers. Had to beat the snot out of the hinge to get them to release, until I upped the temp to 820 or so. Not sure if it's the temp or just break in time. Lubed with Ben's liquid lube and shoved them through a 430 sizer.
    Last edited by tommag; 03-07-2016 at 01:09 AM.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Finished tweaking with replacement HB pin as well as PB pin for Ideal 429-422 mold and got a small supply ready for testing (25 HB and 35 PB, not all pictured). Man is that thing finicky with no vent lines.

Sized, Lubed, boxed up to send to Dad.

Also dropped 75 to 100 of my 429-244 GCs to help build up my back stock.

Boolit Grand Master

Resized the 40 cases I fired today; necks need annealing on a few but I sized and popped them into the ultrasonic cleaner anyway. These projects (300 Savage and 35 Rem) are winding down so brass will be retired soon anyway. Will be casting and loading up some for inventory and moving on to new projects soon. Looks like 38-40 and 45-90 next, will have to check my list, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Case forming w/Hornady hydraulic form die. It's an outdoor sport.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Buddy
    Made up a few hundred pieces of 300 Blackout brass. But it is officially warm enough here to start casting on the back porch in the mornings again!
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Master
    Loaded 50.223lee 55gr lead gas checked boolits over 9 gr true blue .then I sized and decapped 300 .223cases.if its dry I hope to do some casting ,taken a days holiday.

Boolit Bub
    Prepped and primed 800 38 spec. Brass for my wife. Then 300 44 brass for myself. Getting ready for a good loading session.

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    Cast 200 Lee 44 rnfp from a new mold, ended up with 115 keepers. Had to beat the snot out of the hinge to get them to release, until I upped the temp to 820 or so. Not sure if it's the temp or just break in time. Lubed with Ben's liquid lube and shoved them through a 430 sizer.
    I've got a Lee 358-158 SWCGC two cavity thats like that. I polished it with toothpaste & it's a little better but not to my liking yet.

Boolit Master
    Shot 50 test rounds in 9mm today and settled on one load. Came home and reloaded 75 more till i ran out of plated bullets.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    Sized and recapped 80 357cases couldn't do any casting cold and wet today.

Boolit Master
    Got all my presses screwed down made my first run of 100 something 45acp on the Lee LM. Some fast advice to anyone building a new reloading bench. Make the top overhang by 1" or more. Most of the presses out today do not sit flat. They need to stick out a bit. Nuff said.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	163017Sized, lubed and loaded 200x LBT 360-200-LFN/GC .45 nose into some virgin Starline .357 mag brass. Went with Federal small pistol match primers (all I could find for a while). These were seated to an OAL of 1.745" and crimped with a Lee collet crimp die. Lube is a 5:1 mix of LBT Blue and Commercial Red from White Label.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Loaded a few 38 Special with the Lee 358-158GC I cast a while back. Used 4.0 grains of Trapper 100.

Boolit Master
    Found a cache of LC 72 7.62x63 brass and 163gr black tips. There was only one right thing to do!
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Fedex came and dropped off some 357 Jwords I had ordered. They where cheap dont hold it against me. 40 something a thousand anyway. That was one box the other was my RIA 1911 that I had sent out for repair. I really do not want to turn this into a rant.

They scratched it not in one place but three. It now has the worlds worst trigger for any gun ever. No lube on it what so ever. They claimed to have shot 30 rounds with it. Told me they gave me a new mag well I do not thing so. I marked the old one before I sent it back and dont you know its has the mark on it. Who ever took my gun apart and worked on it was a moron. I am in the reloading room tonight very unhappy. I have to now tune it up myself. Oh and ask for another set of paperwork for the gun since they kept mine. That is what I get for sending a well tuned gun in for a new barrel. Poor 22TCM. Oh and did I mention they scratched the dickens out of my VZ's. I called them but like normal no one answers the phone. Hope you guys have a better night in the reloading room then I am having.

Boolit Buddy
    ...I have another problem... now I'm casting bullets that I don't even have a gun to shoot them in!!! A few Midway orders ago I thru a couple 2-cav Lee molds into my cart to fill it up a bit, one being a 358-158. Tonight I decided to take it out and test it. I was AMAZED! It's the cheapest mold I own, and it was a DREAM to cast with. I don't know if stars aligned or what, but they were falling out with ease, filled out nicely and looked great! (in my opinion)

So i acquired 226 good ones. it was so fun because of the ease that i didn't want to stop! I hope to surprise a friend that reloads for his 357. I know he doesn't shoot it much, but at least they'll have a home. I'm guessing I'll PC them and size to .358 and hope they shoot ok for him. If not, not much lost. It was a fun evening. -Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02066 (480x640).jpg  

Boolit Master

I've never met a caster........or a shooter for that matter that doesn't own a .38!

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    I've never met a caster........or a shooter for that matter that doesn't own a .38!
    I don't ..... Yet.

Boolit Master

We haven't met...........yet!

well, cast about 700- lee 240grn tc for my .45 and about 300 155grn 308's for a new 300 blackout build i just finished. Now everything is being PC'd and gonna feed the dillion 650 tonite all the .45 i have cast up. the 650 is a beast trying to keep it fed.