MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Lots of goodies from Larry and some alloy from RotoMetals came in today. I rinsed some cases that had been in the vibratory cleaner and spread them out to dry. Finished cleaning a rifle. May get to load a bit tomorrow night.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Researched next mold as well as looked into getting a new ProMelt to upgrade my vintage Saeco pot.

Just wanted to point out how bad of an influence you all are. I joined in December after lurking for 6 months and thought you all were crazy with how many molds you all had. Figured my 8 molds were all I needed. Since then I have purchased 4 molds with another delivering today, two more on their way from Slovenia next week, and I'm looking for another one cause wife wants a nicer mold for her 40. She hasn't even shot the Lee mold I bought in December for her. That's on top of the above mentioned ProMelt I'm looking to order.

The addiction has me bad.

Boolit Master

Finally got my ventilation fan setup for basement casting and cast 20lbs of .45 (454190 & Lee 255-RF). Going to do another pot of .38 tomorrow (358311 & 358342). Man it's nice not have to schlep all the casting gear/supplies upstairs and set up outside whenever I wanted/needed more boolits. Life is good!!

Boolit Grand Master

Sized some 38-40's and tossed them in the vibratory cleaner with the cases from the sonic cleaner. Dunno how they'll shoot but they'll be shiny!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Absolutely nothing.....dangit. Looked longingly at the loading bench as I loaded the wood furnace this evening. (Yeah...they're in the same room...I'm a bit crazy that way.) Tomorrow is three weeks since hip surgery...weather is supposed to be nice, and I'm taking the day off work. Might just finish working up my ladder for the new Tikka 30-06 in the morning, maybe load a few more for the .43 Spanish, grab the new to me Colt Walker and might just head to the range tomorrow!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Fixed my computer so now I can return that slow boat to China back to server duty.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Its been great temps this week in co springs so Im setting up a dedicated area for my reloading in the garage/woodshop. I built a 4x8 foot wall parallel with the garage door,about 3 feet in,on one side all my garden tools on the other my reloading bench and wall cabinets from the rehab store. All is now painted white and Ill be adding a LED shop lite soon. The wall in front of the bench uses the french cleat hanging system which allows much flexibility.It will be nice to be organized, and seperated some what from the woodworking.When I get done Ill post pics.
    "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Einstien

Boolit Bub
    Had bought this Ranch Dog mold around the time that he was going out of business. It functions well in all my
    9mm and 357sig pistols. The mold hasn't been used much because I am not a fan of the smell of LLA.
    But every once and a while I have to remind myself that yes indeed LLA still stinks but does a good job.
    The boolit cast at 135 grns and since there is not any published data I always have to work up a
    load with the powder I am currently using, right now that's 5 grns of BE86 for 9mm. Great load by the way.
    Attachment 162764Attachment 162765

Boolit Master

Been loading up some 200 gr Lee 309-200-R PCed for the .308 Win. and getting ready for the next range test, weather permitting.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master

Went in there to put away a new set of RCBS Cowboy dies and a few other new shiny bits. Up to six sets of Cowboy dies now, this one replaces a set of standard RCBS 30-30 dies. Had to do a bit of rearranging to shuffle the idle sets to the back of the compartment. I could spend the day in there straightening up, doing a bit of loading and maybe even casting but I can't. I have some major paper-shuffling to do to get income tax stuff off to the accountant. One more cup of coffee and I'll get to work on those taxes.

Boolit Grand Master

I sorted, by headstamp and tumbled 500+ 9mm cases. Yep, nuttin' much to do when you have a bunch of reloading time and too much rain to go shootin'...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Took inventory and cleaned up the shelves a bit. Dont really *need* to reload more...but the boolits are already cast and coated might as well.

waiting on my order from smoke to try out some pretty new colors.

Boolit Master

Txgun, I really like the RCBS Cowboy dies, just wish the expander was like the Lyman M dies, with the "step" portion. They are still great dies!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Prepping some 223 cases to get ready to reload. The trimming is a pita using Lyman Accutrimmer. Inside and outside deburring is easy chucking the 2 way head in my drill press.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

One of my brother in laws is out here visiting us from Manitoba right now, so I took him down to my reloading shop and sat him down at my Rockchucker and I had him size and deprime about 250 rounds of .45-70. Then we degreased the cases and I had him bell and prime them all. Tomorrow I'm going to get him to charge them (Unique for my Trapdoor and IMR4198 for my Browning B78) and seat some 405 grain hollow base Lee bullets for my Trapdoor and some 405 plain base bullets for my B78. On Monday I'm going to take him out to one of my local ranges and make him shoot ALL of them!

(He has 3 grown kids and just turned 60 so he's getting back into a bit of hunting with his long time buddies out in Manitoba. He was too busy with work and family to do any hunting or shooting for about the past 35 years.)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Txgun, I really like the RCBS Cowboy dies, just wish the expander was like the Lyman M dies, with the "step" portion. They are still great dies!
    That's odd, I never liked the Lyman stem's profile. Step seems too abrupt for me. IIRC the BACO ones are somewhere between the Lyman and RCBS. Figured out I need a new one for my 35 Rem. The one from my 38/357 die set expands the neck just a bit too much. Guess I could just chuck it up in the drill press.

Loaded 20 "try" rounds each for my 300 Savage and 35 Rem (Scopekiller) projects. Getting real close on these two. Awesome day at the range today on the skeet field; tomorrow it's rifle day.

Perma-Banned

Beautiful day here and I cast, powder coated and sized 800 .357 bullets, this afternoon.

Boolit Bub
    Sorted some wheel weights from the local garage. Some steel , mostly "lead", no zinc.

Cheers Mark

Boolit Master

Going to cast some 44-40 bullets from my trusty Accurate 429165C!

sized 210 7mm Mag cases.... Im finally going to work up a load for the 7mm and I will be testing about 6 different powders. Its going to be a long day working up loads for 3 different bullets with 6 different powders.