Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

PC'd about 500 boolits and loaded 50. BOTH of my lee primer arms broke today... I super glued one - hope it works because I have a lot of loading to do...
    WWG1WGA

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidrob View Post
    Cast up 200 150 grain .267 RNFB bullets and sized and gas checked same.
    What caliber/model rifle are they for?

Been working on some 41 Magnum
    Aim Small Miss Small

Fired up the drip o matic. A friend wanted me to make him some sinkers. Couldn't say no because he gave me two pots and got me back into boolit it casting. A Lee 10 pound dripper and an old Lyman bottom pour. Also over 700 pounds of lead and boolits. What a pain it is to use an ancient worn out aluminum mold. Flashing on all, and the line hole was plugged and needed opening up. Plus that SOB got hot!! Oh well, for what he has given me, it was worth it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0929211307a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	289409

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Made a few .38 wadcutter loads .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

I was looking for something else and found 37 sized and primed .30 Carbine brass. I've been meaning to try the Lee 113(120gr this time) PC'd at full velocity; so I loaded them little things with my very soon to be gone H110.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Loaded 19 338 Win Mag for fire forming into 458 Win Mag brass. Had previously neck expanded with a 375 H&H die and annealed. Lost 1 during initial expanding. All 19 are now nice purdy 458's

Made reloading opportunities in a bunch of 204 Ruger's while coming in second in the varmint match AND winning both the 100 and 300 yard side bets for best score/group. Group size is used to decide ties at each yardage. Swapping the 6x18 for the 6.5x20 obviously helped. Plus perfect weather, it gets tough to see those 204 holes @ 300 yards. We can have severe mirage @ 300 in February here in Michigan.

Time to throw the brass in the polisher.

Nothing, yet. But it's on my agenda. I have a couple of friends in need of somethings I can be of help with to them. And I do mean friends at this point in life. I just need to whip up a fresh pile of CD's for my music box, the others have gotten old and aren't playing as well. A close friend picked up a 5 gallon bucket of police range range brass for me the other day. Sorting them by head stamp, tumbling them clean enough for safe sizing in a steel die (hey, it's my hobby and I'll do it my way) and then cleaning them again can take up plenty time.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I loaded up some 6mm Remington shells for son/friend they’re gonna need for hunting season. They were not very good stewards of brass either! Was only able to load 35 rounds due to brass shortage and unable to locate any. 95gr Nosler Ballistic Tips work very well in the 6mm. IMR 4350 powder.

Tumbled cases for 3 hrs, cleaned, sized, trimmed, chamfered, primed, powdered, seated, boxed!

I then spent the rest of the time sorting recovered brass and packaging up. While I was looking for more 6mm!

Oh, I do recall some NEW Winchester blue pkg (unopened) 30/06……
    Last edited by Cast10; 10-03-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Boolit Master

I pulled a very tightly stuck case out of a 8mm mauser sizing die. I pulled a dumb move and tried to force the issue when it didn't want to size with normal pressure because of a collapsed shoulder at the neck. It was a dumb move on my part and the first case I have stuck in over 25 years now. I have a stuck case removal kit I bought from RCBS (the old man ,Fred himself, many years ago). james

Not in the reloading room but I did melt down wheel weights and ended up with 96-two pound ingots. Still have a pile of pure lead, range scrap and linotype to melt into ingots in the next month.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cast10 View Post
    I loaded up some 6mm Remington shells for son/friend they’re gonna need for hunting season. They were not very good stewards of brass either! Was only able to load 35 rounds due to brass shortage and unable to locate any. 95gr Nosler Ballistic Tips work very well in the 6mm. IMR 4350 powder.

Tumbled cases for 3 hrs, cleaned, sized, trimmed, chamfered, primed, powdered, seated, boxed!

I then spent the rest of the time sorting recovered brass and packaging up. While I was looking for more 6mm!

Oh, I do recall some NEW Winchester blue pkg (unopened) 30/06……
    Got any 7x57, I personally have never done that conversion but it looks pretty straight forward and just going down .03937 in neck diameter, I would expect that you wouldn't have to neck turn.

I've never loaded 6mm, but I think I was gifted a bag of brass a while ago. Maybe I need to find a rifle to go with the brass, I've done sillier things

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Got any 7x57, I personally have never done that conversion but it looks pretty straight forward and just going down .03937 in neck diameter, I would expect that you wouldn't have to neck turn.

I've never loaded 6mm, but I think I was gifted a bag of brass a while ago. Maybe I need to find a rifle to go with the brass, I've done sillier things
    7X57 is a fantastic sporting caliber in a modern rifle.

I began cleaning up the shop and getting things where they belong, I got as far as the .30 jacketed rifle bullets, and hoping I don't find more! I didn't get to my stash of .30 cast rifle boolits, but I don't think I need to cast any this winter by the look of the shelf they're on. That's just the sized and lubed boolits ready to load, there's several cigar boxes of unsized .30's under the bench.
    Last edited by Ithaca Gunner; 10-03-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post

No, no 7x57.

Boolit Master
    Finished prepping 1000 223 cases, sized, trimmed, chamfered, and deburred. Then did the same to 100 30-30 cases. Loading the 223 begins tonight.

Boolit Man
    Today,I finished up a the first short run of 35863 double ended wadcutters made from range scrap. The older Lyman four cavity mold came from an estate sale. I set up the Star sizer to lube one grove. This was my first experience loading a WC flush with the case mouth. That was a trip. Nice looking oversized .362 bullets sized well in the Star. I am using Accurate #2 since BE and 231 have vanished into the hoarders basement. I'll try my first batch at out our informal Bullseye Match tomorrow. I have an old two cavity 35863 that may be converted for the Master Caster.

Boolit Master

I get off work at 1, hope to smelt down 18# of linotype into ingots.. and if they turn out good and not too dirty / too much loss.. I'll go buy more lino from the local scrap dealer tomorrow.

Boolit Master

primer pocket uniformed 467 .30M1 carbine brass cases. Now to deburr the flash holes.

Boolit Master

My lino smelted out great. Used a new ( old) antique silver ladle I bought a month ago.. Long handle was fantastic.

Got the 12 ga. MEC 9000 off the shelf and got it sorted out to load trap and sporting clays loads.

Got 4 boxes loaded up before I called it quits for the evening. I've got a 20 gallon plastic barrel of 12 ga. hulls to load before the press goes back on the shelf.
    Last edited by 15meter; 10-07-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Page 516 of 604 FirstFirst ... 16416466506507508509510511512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526566 ... LastLast