Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Loaded up the last of my empty .44 special brass with my RCBS 44-250-K over 8 grains of Power Pistol, about 60 rounds.

Made a tank out of 223 casings that I picked up at our private range and rebuilt some large rifle primers for when the SHTF.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    primed a few 45-70 cases .dropped a primer on the floor ,moved stuff found it and noticed a heavy box wondered whats in it .300 350gn 45-70 boolits i had put somewhere safe.happy day.

Boolit Master

Setting up to reload some 300 Win Mag using my home swaged 175 Grain .308 Copper Jacketed bullets. Focus will be on developing loads using WC872 (formerly 20mm Vulcan Powder). Objective is to develop effective loads - as near to factory velocities as possible (maybe including a touch of duplexing if required). Once I am satisfied; then this load data will be used to extrapolate some loads for a friend who has a new 300 Norma Magnum and is interested if we can make WC872 work effectively in that round - his goal is to reload for the 300 Norma Magnum cheaper than the Vihtavuori 570 powder we previously selected - besides the Vihtavuori 570 powder is currently as scarce as hen's teeth.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Yesterday I tried loading some 270 grain Speers into my 9.3X72R cases to see if they woould work, as II am still awaiting the bullet mold for the Bohler/Stohl drilling I picked up ( 16X16/9.3X72R)
    To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement!
    However, I did not have the Chronograph with me, so have no idea at all about the velocity, it is shooting POA at 100 yards however.
    Trying too find data for this old round is harder than looking for a needle in a haystack, but hope springs eternal!
    David
    scopes and bags are cool, but palm rests 'n' irons RULE!

Let's see...borescoped a Rem 40X, loaded some 9.3x57 ammo, tumbled a load of range brass, loaded some 9mm and .40 S&W. Next up- .308 loads for the M1A family.
    An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled
    http://www.cardinalguns.com
    http://www.riflehunter.net

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Hay this is a fun thread. Today I was out gold prospecting. But yesterday I needed to load some 10mm to carry prospecting. Just started loading in February on 9mm and 10s last week for my new to me xdm Osp with a red dot. 9.5 gr of aa#5 under berry p fn 180gr with cci 350 lp mag primers. Started at 8.0 gr and have fired over 100rds on up to 9.5 grs. Still need to test fire at that load. But 9.3 was good but no corno so trusting the Speer recipe. Be safe MOA
    Last edited by Mandoair; 10-26-2021 at 12:45 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Trying to find room in my gun safe for a contender and 5 barrels my dad gave me. I'm not sure everything is going to fit.

Boolit Master
    Deprimed and sized a bunch of 9mm. For some reason, every 20 cases or so, the small pistol primers will stick to the end of the decapping pin and partly reinsert in the brass on the upstroke locking the cartridge into the shell holder. Another cycle clears it. Never had it happen with large primers. The pin has a ball end, maybe another shape would be better?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Mal Paso, very common thing called primer pull back, PITA when it happens on a progressive press. Most have found grinding/filing the tip of the decapping pin to the shape of a chisel solves the problem.

Have experienced that issue when loading spp .45acp brass. You have to be conscious that if you operate the handle again you will dump a second powder dump into the case at station 2. Not good. When I get a primer that pulls back I will remove the still primed case, advance the star [550b], put a bullet on the charged case and redo the stubborn case. The second attempt usually knocks the primer out. Be careful out there.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intel6 View Post
    Mal Paso, very common thing called primer pull back, PITA when it happens on a progressive press. Most have found grinding/filing the tip of the decapping pin to the shape of a chisel solves the problem.
    Great idea. That's something I'll remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Intel6 View Post
    Thanks! I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Have experienced that issue when loading spp .45acp brass. You have to be conscious that if you operate the handle again you will dump a second powder dump into the case at station 2. Not good. When I get a primer that pulls back I will remove the still primed case, advance the star [550b], put a bullet on the charged case and redo the stubborn case. The second attempt usually knocks the primer out. Be careful out there.
    This is single stage and if I don't hear the primer drop I can cycle again without penalty. It just slows me down. Thanks!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

I loaded some deer hunting ammo for my Krag with the C309170F Lee over IMR4350; they hit dead on at a hundred. I also loaded ten .358 Winchester rounds- for a rifle I don't have- yet.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I tried to find the rest of my 470 NE brass.

Looking for them over and over again, I knew I put them in a safe place some weeks ago after tumbling them.

I also checked every other room everywhere, i have casting / reloading stuff a little bit all over the house.

I loaded a bunch, couldn"t sleep , where is that brass,? It was 4 AM and when I sort of stopped looking but still went back to the reloading room, I noticed this black cardboard box on the table just behind my chair, three feet from my main press. A black box? Yes,the brass was in that black cardboard box that I got from my friend but forgot.

I had been unconsciously looking for a clear or white plastic box that I usually store tumbled brass in. That black box had been sitting in the middle of the room, visible,during all my half a dozen searches during many hours.

That brass,dies,some ammo and misc tools originally came in a wooden box. Stuff got separated and the black box had just disappeared from my memory. Now thinking, I never store anything in black boxes, bullets, brass whatever. Never.

Brain can play funny tricks on us. Or is it that I'm 58?

I'm new to 45 ACP loading - got my first 1911 about 2 months ago... So I've loaded and shot about 1200 rounds and today I topped off my supply for this weeks comps. Today was 100 rounds which gives me about 270. I need 72 tomorrow and 90 on Saturday. So, Friday I should load another 100 just to be ahead of the curve...
    Fortunately, this month's 2nd Saturday match is a high power/big bore match, so it'll be 44 mag. The third Saturday, however, is gonna need more 45 acp.
    WWG1WGA

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Started a new jug of Hp38 for 10mm with my only lp primers CCi 350s mags. Have been using them for a while with Aa#5 till that ran out. Loaded 4, 5 rd batches today will test them tomorrow. Pushing berry P 180 gr FP. With 5.1 .3 .5 & .7 gr. Just started loading in March and have had to scrounge everything of course. Been fun started with 9mm and have gone through most of a 1000 berry 24gr with AA#2 that I borrowed from a guy who came over to buy an old hospital bed I advised. Getting ready to do more 9mm’s with sr primers and AA#2 need about 300 for a first aid trauma and tactical hand gun course late November.

Last edited by Mandoair; 11-05-2021 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Add pic

Boolit Grand Master

Just went in there to sit and decided that I needed to update my gun list. Then I decided to break my old Rockchucker down for a cleaning and oiling. Then I hauled some trash out.

Boolit Master
    Picked up some Hornady FTX for 45-70 reloading. I have plenty of brass and some primers and powder to work up loads. Been almost a year since I did any reloading. Have 500 9 mm to reload too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

A buddy dropped off a plastic tote full of very dirty range brass, "Here ya go", so tumbling .22, .308 Win and 9mm by the tumbler load.

Page 518 of 601 FirstFirst ... 18418468508509510511512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526527528568 ... LastLast