Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Cleaned up my loading bench, a multiple-day project, and loaded my first two boxes of shotshells. Remington STS hulls, 7.5 shot, and Red Dot. These shot really well and gave much more decisive breaks than the NobelSports I've been shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Dozen 12g using my new Lee and Promo. Fiocchi hulls and Lightening wads for 1oz loads. Easier than I thought and they all go bang! Had to adjust the bushings, though using a scale to get the right powder throw but when loading something I always check with my GemTek250 on the first few anyways.
    I found using the Lee Load-all to be really fun and relaxing. I found it was consistently dropping one grain light from my target weight, but the shells shot great, and it's an acceptable load, so I haven't adjusted it. Pretty cool to start loading shotshells for $65!

Boolit Master

First use of a Lee six cavity mold (452-230 TC). Had only used 2 cavity molds until now. I quickly decided that my 10 lb. pot was too small and ordered a 20 lb. pot.
    I had a lot of issues at first, getting used to the 6 cavity, but finally got some technique that worked ok. I still need more practice.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Master

setting the adjustment on dies to make 8x57mm cases from 30-06 military. now to find some old military 30-06 brass and will be set up. james

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    Broke in a new Lee #4 buckshot mold.And pan lubed Lee REAL 45 cal
    Quote Originally Posted by whisler View Post
    First use of a Lee six cavity mold (452-230 TC). Had only used 2 cavity molds until now. I quickly decided that my 10 lb. pot was too small and ordered a 20 lb. pot.
    I had a lot of issues at first, getting used to the 6 cavity, but finally got some technique that worked ok. I still need more practice.
    I have just started with an 8 hole mp 356/358 130 rn bb. First go was with a dipper. I promptly ordered a RCBS pro 2 bottom pour. Have used it once and really enjoyed it. The Boolits come out much better than dipping. I think I’ll add 50’ next time up to 750 or 760’. Can’t wait to heat it up again. Also added a Hornaday ap progressive really going to like this thing when I can get back to it. And get over the sticker shock. Those Boolits have no lube groves and shoot really good pc 9mm.

Finished up a BMG loading tray.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Made test rounds for 45 Cowboy Special for my 1858 cartridge conversion. Tested same.
    Next on the agenda is loading Magtech 410 cartridges.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Sized a few hundred PC MP 356/358 130 rn bb boolits for 9mm. Need more test rounds with CFE Pistol. Been happy with my first test results. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	649B7C22-E064-4816-AA04-65EBEC49AC7D.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	309375

Boolit Master

converted some military 30-06 to 8x57 just to have something to do in this cold weather. had a good time of it too, james

Boolit Mold
    I cast for just over three hours today. Given it was 57-58 degrees here in January it was a great day to cast. Thursday is supposed to be as nice. So I might just try to cast Thursday to.

Cleaned, rearranged,and organized reload room. Measured and separated by length many hundred 9mm rounds. Really thought I would skip this step this time but seems to be the only way to get consistent OAL.

nothing - bench in unheated garage -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

I tried 4227 for the first time ever. 9 grs of it with the 55gr Lee lit by R-P 6-1/2 sr primers.
    These little bullet baking trays double as .218 Bee specific loading blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Ran out of titegroup for 38 special and started working on load for winchester 231 Using 158 swc boolits Powder is hard to come by in my area

Cleaning a half bucket of range brass.

Boolit Master

trimmed lots of brass cases...my least favorite thing to do
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Taking a break from stock work to load some 30-06 hunting loads featuring the 150 gr Speer JSP over Hodgdon Superfomance and the REM 9-1/2M primer.
    In case the big buck is 1/4 mile away….

Still cleaning and building shelves. Cleaned and Setup new Hornaday 9mm die set with powder cop in the new Hornaday A P press. Have hundreds of cases ready and looking forward to my first production session. But latter today some more test rounds to make to be sure.

I’m planning to do some organizing today. It’s been a while since I’ve loaded anything. I started drinking too much and was always afraid of causing a catastrophic accident so I wouldn’t load while loaded. Lol. Now that I’ve quit drinking, it’s time I get stuff arranged for some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Taking a break from stock work to load some 30-06 hunting loads featuring the 150 gr Speer JSP over Hodgdon Superfomance and the REM 9-1/2M primer.
    In case the big buck is 1/4 mile away….

I’d be interested in hearing what you come up with. The 30-06 with 150 HDY Interlock has been my go to whitetail slayer for the past few years. I’ve killed five deer from the same box of reloads

So I bit the bullet, haha, I bought myself a mark7 with auto drive and primer express, its a beast, but can be temperamental to say the least, we shall see how it goes, took a while to get it right, but when it runs it runs, about 1800 in a hour of 9 -115gr.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Page 561 of 604 FirstFirst ... 61461511551552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570571 ... LastLast