Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Took Lyman/Ideal 55 powder measure apart I got cheap at yard sale and cleaned it up someone had a thick grease in the drum . While I was at it I also reapaired a Herters Number 40 powder measure I have had a couple years .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Man
    Cast 150 each 32-40 and 38-55 using 50/50 lead/WW. Oh and powder coated them tonight.

Boolit Master
    Built a shelf for my new reloading room and moved in…it’s been a long journey…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Making stuff shiny.

Boolit Grand Master

Home early from work. Fired up the RCBS melter and cast 500 148wc for my 38sp. Going to let them sit and powder coat them.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Finally found a few hours to slowly melt some garage sale ingots I found last year. Needed to be sure there was no zink in them one white bucket full about 160lbs. The test went well. No zink and really nice Boolits from first pour. Only made about 20 but enough to be very happy to have gotten it. I think it is Lyman 2. Lots of antamoney and pours better than cww with added tin. Pencil tested same day as poured between B and BH around 15 bhn. Yeah.

Cast about 2000 of my ILSA 157gr conical boolits today, size and lube tomorrow!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Boolit Master
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is ILSA?

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

I picked up a Garmin Etrex handheld GPS used for $25 at yard sale, spent time at reloading desk figuring out how it works and removing previous owners waypoints . The GPS does get satellite signals in my workshop they have sure improved since my first one .
    First use was setting it at the north west corner of my house then going back to deer blind I always figure it was 200 yards as the crow flies . It is 267 yards and the house is about 10 degrees further to the east then I thought . It is heavily wooded between The walk is probably over a 1/4 mile next I will work that out and map my trials . If I am looking at it correctly I may even find out how much area I mow with the area calculator , I have always guessed about 5 acres.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast some MP 359-135 HP's

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Fired up the pot an cast a few great plains 50 caliber Lyman mold to see if they shoot in my roller. I mixed an alloy of 30:1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Loaded up 20 black powder 50-90 Sharps cartridges.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry, duplicate post.
    Last edited by MOA; 06-13-2023 at 09:30 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been messing around with light loaded 160 gr rnfp .45AR loads for my 625 Smith. I’m going to try shooting some Steel challenge with them next month. But I found that my RCBS crimp die wouldn’t quite crimp the AR brass on my Dillon 550b because the shellplate bottoming out against the seat die. I used a dremel cut off wheel attachment to cut about 1/8 in off the bottom of the die and squared it on my bench disc sander. I also broke the inside corner to keep it from hanging up my flared brass. I had been using a lee seater crimp die that evidently was a hair shorter and worked ok for longer 200 gr boolits with either shell plate but I like the RCBS dies better.

Boolit Grand Master

GC'd and sized 600 .278 boolits.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Well resized and prepped 50 once fired 30x39 Wn cases, Then cut some more on the Mauser bolt handle, thinning and shaping. Mounted the scope base, immediately stripped the middle screw hole, rats a fratz, what I get for drilling a shallow hole, on purpose, now need to drill and tap an 8x40 hole, just a tiny step back, no deal but is aggravating.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

What did you do in the reloading room today?

made 37.5 lbs of wheel weight ingots from clip on wheel weights. each ingot weighs just under 2 lbs. i know i have battery connectors pictures in the photo but, those are what i sorted out. i’ll use those for fishing jigs.

so hopefully with in the next week and a half i’ll be mixing these ingots up with super hard alloy that i have . than i will be casting some 7.62x54r boolets

Last edited by michael.birdsley; 06-15-2023 at 02:33 AM.

Boolit Master
    Built a powder measure stand for the new room and loaded 10 rounds of 6.5 cm with 120 grainers for coyotes for load development.

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    Built a powder measure stand for the new room and loaded 10 rounds of 6.5 cm with 120 grainers for coyotes for load development.

That is neat!
    I saw a Lyman 55 for $25 at the LGS last week.
    If it’s still there this week I’ll get it.
    Today I cast a pot of Lee 38-105 swc, 401-175TCTL, and 452-230TCTL bullets.

Boolit Master

For a few years I have been forming 5.56 brass into .221 Fireball today I started forming it to .222 Remington for a neighbor .

I have brass formed and neck reamed half of the 20 is trimmed next will be annealing then re-polishing . Picking a bullet is going to be rough some of the things he shoots on his farm are larger then I would use the caliber for . I lost 4 cases to creases forming .

Page 574 of 604 FirstFirst ... 74474524564565566567568569570571572573574575576577578579580581582583584 ... LastLast