Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Just tumbling and sorting odd brass.

Boolit Mold
    I dug out a box of .308 I'm giving to a co-worker that I just found out reloads. While I was looking did a inventory and pulled the handle on my Dillon a few times.

Boolit Buddy
    Removed all my presses (3) from my bench and glued down a fitted piece of linoleum. I've been wanting to do that for a while. I made the bench top with 2x6 planks which were fine for a while but the wood kept shrinking and I was getting powder down the cracks. It was a pain to clean up and this looks much nicer. If I was to build another one I would use 2 or three ply's of Baltic birch veneer plywood, Trim the edge and epoxy the top.
    Next weeks project is 303 Savage reloading. Brass is ordered.

Boolit Master
    Loaded the last of my AA2200 powder into 300 .223 cases. Will change to 45ACP cause I got plenty BE and LPP.
    Need more powder and primers, just cant go get some when you need it, frustrating. Just glad I’ve got something to work with for now.

Boolit Bub
    I loaded up 50 rounds of 300 Blackout with cast bullets that I have just tested and got a little over 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards, not too bad for a first try, fired out of a cz527!

Quote Originally Posted by gunfan2 View Post
    I loaded up 50 rounds of 300 Blackout with cast bullets that I have just tested and got a little over 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards, not too bad for a first try, fired out of a cz527!
    I also loaded 50 rounds of 300 BO to see if my "300 blackout subsonic spring" will lock the bolt back if I send that 225 grain Taco at about 1080 fps.
    WWG1WGA

Finished off a box of.38 Special. Ten were loaded with 17 grains (by volume) of 3F GOEX, the rest with my standard of 5 grains of Unique. Bullet was a Lee 358SWCGC that finish out ~162 grains from water dropped range scrap

Got side tracked on my "load all the 40s" quest... Loaded 100 tonight, looks like there are between 200 and 250 left.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Setting up for some sit down casting today. Need some Saeco 352 245g and I am completely out of the LEE 350g 458 Ranch Dogs.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Put an extended charging handle on the kids 10/22

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Totally destroyed a Magtech 32 Ga brass case trying to convert it to .43 Egyptian with whatever dies I have on hand. Don't actually have any .43E dies. Didn't anneal this one but will try annealing the case first and try again. Glad I bought a few formed cases to use if I ever get the thing shooting.

Boolit Master

Loaded some 45 Colt to gift to a buddy of mine.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Master
    Loaded 5 45-70 rounds first time, 344 gr. 50 gr h4198 blew my AR500 plate off its stand. Henry single shot, man that packs a wallop.

Boolit Mold
    It’s chilly outside here in Colorado Supposed to snow Friday again. So I’m loading up some experimental loads in 7.62x39 with 155 grain powder coated cast Lee C312-155-2R. Don’t know if you can relate but this is a tricky cartridge to deal with. By far the hardest I deal with.
    Why? Because the way I see things this might be a very hard to find ammo in the future. Biden will make sure no foreign ammo gets imported. Almost all of it is steel cases. People will eventually use up all that steel & you will have to rely on unreliable domestic sources. Expensive & scarce. I will always keep a few ammo boxes of foreign steel around for my SHTF stock. But in the meantime I want to shoot!
    I loaded some of these resized with gas checks & some not resized w/o gas checks.
    My reasoning:
    I chamber cast this AK & it has a .312-.313 barrel. My p.c. bullets are .311 resized & .313-.314 not resized. Ive already tried IMR 4895 with a scoop using only 23 grs. Far below maximum just to be safe. Info on this cartridge is sketchy. Almost non-existent for p.c. bullets. Accuracy was wanting. Paper plate sized groups don’t cut it around here. They did function however if you keep COL @ the recommended 2.155” per Lyman. Trying to put the bullet closer to the lands is futile causing misfeeds with this bullet. Remember too you are limited to the length of your magazines.
    Now these new loads are stocked with 14 grs. of Alliant 2400. I got this info from & old Marvin Stuart recipe. Starting out low to see if it functions. Accuracy would be nice. But AK’s are not known for accuracy as much as reliability.
    Oh yea I also tried lowball load of Xterminator. It wasn’t much better than IMR 4895 but nothing to brag about. Xterminator & A223 are supposed to be very similar according to the grapevine & you can find a lot of A223 recipes.
    Will let you know soon as it clears up around here the results.
    I can tell you the best reloads so far for this gun has surprisingly been with 150 gr. FMJBT factory seconds from Midway in .308.” Using either Xterminator or TAC. baseball sized groups with usually several touching. (50 yds.) Ain’t to shabby in this vacinity.Not even close to my 5/8” 100 yd. groups out of my Grendel. But hey I’m 70.
    Nuff said for now.
    bullthrower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bullthrower View Post
    It’s chilly outside here in Colorado Supposed to snow Friday again. So I’m loading up some experimental loads in 7.62x39 with 155 grain powder coated cast Lee C312-155-2R. Don’t know if you can relate but this is a tricky cartridge to deal with. By far the hardest I deal with.
    Why? Because the way I see things this might be a very hard to find ammo in the future. Biden will make sure no foreign ammo gets imported. Almost all of it is steel cases. People will eventually use up all that steel & you will have to rely on unreliable domestic sources. Expensive & scarce. I will always keep a few ammo boxes of foreign steel around for my SHTF stock. But in the meantime I want to shoot!
    I loaded some of these resized with gas checks & some not resized w/o gas checks.
    My reasoning:
    I chamber cast this AK & it has a .312-.313 barrel. My p.c. bullets are .311 resized & .313-.314 not resized. Ive already tried IMR 4895 with a scoop using only 23 grs. Far below maximum just to be safe. Info on this cartridge is sketchy. Almost non-existent for p.c. bullets. Accuracy was wanting. Paper plate sized groups don’t cut it around here. They did function however if you keep COL @ the recommended 2.155” per Lyman. Trying to put the bullet closer to the lands is futile causing misfeeds with this bullet. Remember too you are limited to the length of your magazines.
    Now these new loads are stocked with 14 grs. of Alliant 2400. I got this info from & old Marvin Stuart recipe. Starting out low to see if it functions. Accuracy would be nice. But AK’s are not known for accuracy as much as reliability.
    Oh yea I also tried lowball load of Xterminator. It wasn’t much better than IMR 4895 but nothing to brag about. Xterminator & A223 are supposed to be very similar according to the grapevine & you can find a lot of A223 recipes.
    Will let you know soon as it clears up around here the results.
    I can tell you the best reloads so far for this gun has surprisingly been with 150 gr. FMJBT factory seconds from Midway in .308.” Using either Xterminator or TAC. baseball sized groups with usually several touching. (50 yds.) Ain’t to shabby in this vacinity.Not even close to my 5/8” 100 yd. groups out of my Grendel. But hey I’m 70.
    Nuff said for now.
    bullthrower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It seems like you should be sizing more toward the .313+ and might have problems at .311 with leading... And 308 - that little guy is probably rattling down the barrel!
    WWG1WGA

I finished my "load all the 40s" and now need to cast some more... My 40 S&W load is the NOE HTC 401-188 WFN. I've been casting flat point for the past year or so, but I think I'll put in the HP points for my next casting session... It's such a pleasure to find a box of HP 40 S&W!
    WWG1WGA

Working on my first batches of 12gauge, I've done brass cartridges for years and figured I should try another rabbit hole of the reloading world...
    Taking them out to test this weekend.
    10 - 7/8oz, 10 - 1oz, and 20 - 1-1/8oz all titewad, may make some more tonight in another powder for more testing...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Last night I got my Star Sizer set up and adjusted and sized about 1200 bullets that I cast a couple of weeks ago. A H&G 258 which is a 220 grain Keith type SWC.

With rain in the forecast for this afternoon I may get started loading these up.

Boolit Bub
    Searched, studied, and studied some more on preparing lapping loads for my Ruger and the many opinions on fluxing. Half the time I don't know which cat I'm trying to skin so deciphering the hundred ways gets a little cumbersome. Fortunately, Fryxal and Stanton have given me a foundation through their fine books and articles. As someone alluded to in another thread, life was simple 35 years ago (aka "Before internet") when the guy in the shop sold me a Lee pot, a Lee mold, a Lyman sizer, and a few sticks of Lee (I think) soft lube. A few helpful tips and I was on my way. I also recall, there was never a question about what powders, primers, etc. were in stock, it was how much my student loan leftovers could afford!

Boolit Master
    Cast up a small set of 44 Larsens, slightly larger batch of 454-200s and 356-93s.

Sadly, it’s been a while since I cast any with the 356-93 and it was being finicky but finally got it going well and made some pills.

Page 499 of 604 FirstFirst ... 399449489490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504505506507508509549599 ... LastLast