RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Not very much. Loaded 50 45's and put away some brass that I had tumbled and sorted.

Just finished annealing another 500 + rounds of .308 in my automatic annealer ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Been powder coating cast bullets with the electronic spray gun. Have powder coated 8000 bullets, still have 2000 117 grain 30 caliber bullets to powder coat tomorrow. Save these thin tall bullets for last, hard to do, they want to fall over when putting them in the oven to cook.
    I need to find a way to glue them to the aluminum foil so they do not fall over while putting them in the oven for cooking the powder coat.

Boolit Grand Master

I guess I'll start reloading enough 223's for an upcoming Prairie Dog hunt. I usually keep a good quantity loaded and ready but I'm planning to rebarrel my rifle and didn't want to have a bunch of loaded ammo that might not chamber in the new barrel. The barrel is sitting in my safe and I'm not sure why I have not already done it?

Filled the primer tubes for the next round of the Dillon 9mm marathon...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Melted down 68 #'s of SOWW and Lead sheet to use for slug casting. That's somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 Lyman 525's. I should be good for a bit.

Sometimes I think I just like casting...

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

I know I do. Something about seeing nice shiny perfect boolits that you made is heart warming.

Hack the head off a 3",3/8" lag bolt.Tbread the remaining slick shank to accept a hex nut.Cut a slot in top for big screwdriver.These are screwed into bench for Lyman 450's,amongst other presses n such.Mounting my 3rd 450.

Nothing so far today, polished ~ 200 hornet cases yesterday then went to the range with a buddy and made reloading opportunities in .308 Win., 6.5x53R, .303 British, .275 Rigby and 45 Colt. Start reloading them tonight, the 6.5x53R needs a touch more powder, backed out primers on a couple of them and shooting lower than expected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifles may 8 2018.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	220127

Boolit Master

Melted down range scrap and ended up with 98 one pound ingots
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Loaded up another 50 9mm rounds w/ BE.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Bub
    Loaded some Buffalo Bore 265 gr wnfpgc .453 on top of 18 gr of IMR 4227 CCI 350 primers. I am shooting these out of a Rossi 16" Fairly soft shooting and quite accurate.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Loaded up another 50 9mm rounds w/ BE.....
    I am curious to know what you have been loading as far as boolits/bullets weight, & what amount of BE for what 9mm pistol you are shooting..??

I have been loading up 9mm with Lee 124 gr. TC(single lube groove) & 2R (RN) (tumble lubed) using 3.8/3.9 gr. of both B.E. & Red Dot for the last couple of days. Shooting in an SR9. They were the most accurate from 3.6 to 4.0gr. of each powder in a ladder of 3.6 - 4.0. Shot about 300 round of 9mm of different sorts, doing ladder tests last week ( Also shot some 102- 1Rs ( single lube groove) as well, but not loading them again yet.

Still have not worked on the 120gr. TCs ladder tests yet in 9mm either though. That will be next, I think... Might have to shoot some other calibers for a bit so I don't get anymore rusty than I have been now that it is Spring here...

I understand if you do not want to share in open forum what you are using... Even though I just did above. I reckon that if someone wants to try to use what are "below" max. loads in what ever 9mm they own, then good for them. I take no responsibility if THEY mess up somehow... I use manuals & work up my loads whenever I change components ( this time it was new powder containers of same old powders), so I reckon if others don't want to do the same & they screw up then it is on THEM, not me..

Anyway, I am currently loading 9mm as well, just like Tom W., & gonna decide what to do next, after the weekend.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

So I went digging on the shelves in my reloading shop to find some .30-06 brass so that I can put together some test loads tomorrow for the 1903 Springfield that I just bought, and in the process I also "found" 2 big bags of 8x57 Mauser brass (about 400 rounds) and a big bag of .25-06 brass (about 200 rounds). They've already been tumbled and cleaned and annealed so they are ready to race. Now I'm going to have to load more than just some .30-06 test loads! LOL ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I am curious to know what you have been loading as far as boolits/bullets weight, & what amount of BE for what 9mm pistol you are shooting..??

I have been loading up 9mm with Lee 124 gr. TC(single lube groove) & 2R (RN) (tumble lubed) using 3.8/3.9 gr. of both B.E. & Red Dot for the last couple of days. Shooting in an SR9. They were the most accurate from 3.6 to 4.0gr. of each powder in a ladder of 3.6 - 4.0. Shot about 300 round of 9mm of different sorts, doing ladder tests last week ( Also shot some 102- 1Rs ( single lube groove) as well, but not loading them again yet.

Still have not worked on the 120gr. TCs ladder tests yet in 9mm either though. That will be next, I think... Might have to shoot some other calibers for a bit so I don't get anymore rusty than I have been now that it is Spring here...

I understand if you do not want to share in open forum what you are using... Even though I just did above. I reckon that if someone wants to try to use what are "below" max. loads in what ever 9mm they own, then good for them. I take no responsibility if THEY mess up somehow... I use manuals & work up my loads whenever I change components ( this time it was new powder containers of same old powders), so I reckon if others don't want to do the same & they screw up then it is on THEM, not me..

Anyway, I am currently loading 9mm as well, just like Tom W., & gonna decide what to do next, after the weekend.
    I'm using the Lee 120 gr TC lubed with Carnauba Red. Lately my load has been 4.1 gr of BE, altho I have used 4.0 also. I've found that 5.0 of True Blue shoots well and rather snappy, too. I've also used Red Dot and Green Dot, as well as Herco, but I can't remember the charges right now, but the loads are from either a Lyman manual, Nosler manual or Hornady... I look at them and see which suits my fancy. I just shoot targets, hoping I'll never have to use my ammo for people.. My 9mm pistols are a Ruger LC9s Pro and a CZ 75 SP01 Sizing the boolits to .357, and waiting for Dougguy to get a .3585 reamer so he can throat the CZ.
    The Ruger is more reliable with the larger boolits, but the CZ does really well with the .357 sized slugs. I did have a Glock 19, and it and the Ruger would eat anything. The CZ not so much.

If I TL anything I've found that plain old JPW works the best for me. I use it a lot on 160-170 gr. GC boolits that I'll shoot from my 30-06 A.I. for fire forming. I have 100 or so that I need to fire this Saturday if the rifle doesn't get too warm... Supposed to be in the mid to high '90s....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Things are dry here in Arizona, we are on fire restrictions so cannot go shooting at our outdoor range. Rather than be bored I fired up the Dillon 550 and cranked out 1000 rounds of 9MM.

Boolit Bub
    Posted on here , oh and cast 500 .358 125gn hp for 9mm

Boolit Master
    Thanks for answering Tom W.!

Stay cool in those temps.! I don't like it much when it gets into anything above 85+ any more, myself.

Have a couple !
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

De capped and Wet tumbled a few hundred 308's

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Last night I picked out the moulds I'm going to cast from this weekend, got the melter, etc. all set up in the garage.

Page 307 of 604 FirstFirst ... 207257297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317357407 ... LastLast