Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen a Taurus Curve?

Anyone seen a Taurus Curve?

The world’s first and only curved firearm engineered to fit the unique contours of your body, Taurus Curve™ is one ultra-comfortable, ultra-reliable personal defense handgun.

Your body has curves, so why aren’t pistols shaped to match? That’s precisely the question our engineering team challenged themselves to answer-and the results are unlike anything you’ve seen before. Introducing the Taurus Curve™, the world’s first and only curved firearm. Engineered to fit the unique contours of your body with no visible printing, the Curve is easily one of the most groundbreaking firearms ever conceived. An extreme departure from your typical compact .380, you’ll find the Curve takes form and function to an entirely unprecedented level. With its patented, snag-free design, the Curve boasts the industry’s first-ever light and laser built right into the frame. Exceptionally accurate and extremely lightweight at just 10.2 ounces, the Curve is one ultra-comfortable, ultra-reliable personal defense handgun.

Features

First-ever LED light and laser built into frame
    Smooth lines ensure no visible printing
    Snag-free design
    Bore-axis sighting system for instinctual shooting
    Built-in holster-free belt clip
    .380 ACP, 6+1 capacity
    Lightweight 10.2 ounce subcompact pistol

http://www.taurususa.com/whats-new-the-curve.cfm
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Love Life
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Only a little?

Boolit Grand Master

That is one butt ugly gun but could make a nice pocket pistol depending on price. I'm wondering if it will shoot around corners
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus

Design sure threw marketing a curve didn't they.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Will be interesting to see the reports on this ugly looking critter! Probably make a good put away investment as a collectable if only a few are made.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

I think it's retarded and would never dream of spending any amount of $$$ on it. Just MHO
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't care how practical they are, I can't buy ugly guns.

I don't see this one selling but hey, they sell enough Judges and Ranch Hands to keep making them.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master

I can get over the looks. I can't get over the lack or real world function. An LED light integrated for what is essentially a backup gun or deep concealed carry piece? Why? Laser, OK if your eyes are bad but there are less ugly ways to do it. In a night defensive situation, flashlights and lasers work . . . . both ways. I like the over "fit in your pocket" curved shape as it will certainly make printing less of an issue.

Boolit Master

I like all the features. If it worked reliably and was competitively priced I would consider buying one. I have lots of pretty guns, most too big to carry all the time.

Boolit Buddy
    What do lefties do? Carry it upside down?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    That is one butt ugly gun but could make a nice pocket pistol depending on price. I'm wondering if it will shoot around corners
    I've seen a few Taurus guns that would shoot around corners..

Boolit Grand Master

All the bells and whistles to court the wanna be market laser, light. belt clip. Im wonder how the mag drops with the curved grip frame, and how it inserts into frame. It also appears to have a europeon style mag release to get used to. Another gimick to catch attention

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dubber123 View Post
    I've seen a few Taurus guns that would shoot around corners..
    Yeah! I had one!
    -William

"How air ye fixed fer meat, Del?" --John Johnson Crow Killer, The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson

My Feedback: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=stonecrusher

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    All the bells and whistles to court the wanna be market laser, light. belt clip. Im wonder how the mag drops with the curved grip frame, and how it inserts into frame. It also appears to have a europeon style mag release to get used to. Another gimick to catch attention
    Magazine may be curved, which means a standard push button release may be hard to make work. Hence the bottom release.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-loo...ve-380-pistol/
    First Look: Taurus Curve
    by G&A Staff | November 18th, 2014 | Photos by Sean Utley 0

Rather than develop another pistol that requires people to conform around the dimensions of a gun, the new Taurus Curve conforms around the contours of the human body.

In terms of its concept as “The gun you wear,” Taurus has stepped outside the norm with its new Curve, offering a non-traditional form factor that aims for comfortable and clever concealment. In the spirit of its name, its curved polymer frame housing is designed to tuck up to your body when carried on the right side. Taurus has even received approval from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on this arched-frame design, so if other manufacturers wish to adopt a similar concept, they’ll need to pay Taurus for the privileges.
    Check out the full review of the Taurus Curve pistol in the January 2015 issue of Guns & Ammo. Subscribe here to print, digital or both.

Read our full review of the Taurus Curve in the Jan. 2015 issue of Guns & Ammo. Subscribe here to print, digital or both.

This .380 ACP pistol is also heavily radiused at every corner, producing a carry gun that prints discreetly in your pocket or waistline like a smartphone. That’s right, no holster needed. A removable belt clip is also bolted to the right side of the frame, allowing the pistol to be worn in your waistline for clever concealment with an included triggerguard protector.

The omission of an external safety, a slide release lever and iron sights also results in snag-free carry. Aiming the hammer-fired, double-action only (DAO) pistol can happen one of three ways. Some will want to simply point-shoot this pistol at close-range targets. Others will use the crosshairs etched on the rear of the slide. However, G&A anticipates that most will activate the on-board red laser and LED light module produced for the Curve by LaserLyte. Why no iron sights on the slide, you might ask? One theory is that self-defense with a .380 fired from a sub 3-inch barrel resembles more of a point-and-shoot task than a bullseye competition. With a bit of practice, getting hits on torso targets positioned across an average-sized room (15 ft.) was no problem during G&A’s initial testing this summer.

Getting a grip of the slide is achieved by grabbing hold of the Curve’s external snakeskin-like cocking serrations. Users will also find it easy to manipulate the slide. Because the Taurus Curve is a locked-breech pistol and not a blowback design, it is easy for almost anyone to manipulate including those with dexterity or strength issues. The necessary recoil spring weight of locked-breech pistols is generally far lighter than that of a blowback firearm.

Taurus lists that safety features of the Curve include a loaded chamber indicator atop the slide and a magazine disconnect safety.

The Taurus Curve is expected to appear in stores during the first quarter of 2015 with an MSRP of $392. To learn more about the Curve, read our full review in the January 2015 issue of Guns & Ammo, available on newsstands December 2, 2014.

Until then, please enjoy G&A’s exclusive first-look photos of the Taurus Curve
    Last edited by Artful; 11-29-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I'd definitely try it.

Boolit Master

My eyes! My eyes!

Pactically speaking, no sights = no go because dead battery = dead gunowner. At least that's the way I see it.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

Yes this is the same Taurus that gave us the View 38 revolver.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Dead battery...car no start. Dead battery...survival equipment no work.

What's the difference? I change the oil in my vehicles.

And Ford produced the Edsel.