Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't think that you'll experience any problems with colder temps .

Ben

Boolit Master
    Ben,

I'm kinda on the other end of some of what is posted here, I shoot the Lyman 358101 quite a lot, 74 gr. WC. Finally got around to trying your BLL and found it to be easy to make, use and results were quite satisfactory to this point. The following pictures show my process from the cast to the target. This is my primary small game round and I use it in 5 revolvers and a rifle. I will probably do more testing but if I can get this little boolit at the top of a tree or a rabbit out to 100 ft. I'm happy, it moves slow and doesn't destroy meat if I can't make a head shot. This target was at 75 feet and should be good for quite a bit more. And I will take credit for the flyers. Also these were cast from the group buy from Lee for a 6 cavity mould.

Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Master

BLL is the perfect rimfire ammo saver

copied and reposted from a different thread. thought it was better belonged here.

thanks Ben,

besides tumble lubing boolets, your BLL mix just saved 300+ rounds of old High Power rimfire ammo with dried out lube. I used the trays out of some CCI rimfire boxes and dipped the points into a small shallow container of BLL, dabbed the points on a paper towel to remove the drip, and then left them hanging in the trays to dry. They look like brand new. That is except for the green and corroded brass.

Haven't fired them yet but but I have high expectations they will prove to be non-leading.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    And the reviews continue.........

Great ! !

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I'm not familiar with the regulations, but if 4 oz of pasty liquid Alox has to ship by ground due to air freight regs, I doubt TSA will let Johnson's liquid wax on the plane considering it's mostly petroleum Naptha and the cork might not be rated for 30K feet.

Gear
    Thought again about bringing it back.... Don't want to end up in Guantanamo Bay and left to grow a weird beard... Did check out the contents though and while I'm not quite as good as a spectrum analyser it does look, smell and flow the same as the Pledge Multi-Wax we get over here... ...and just as well I did as my case was selected for a random TSA physical....
    May we achieve our aims....

Boolit Buddy
    Still loving the BLL. Another day of shooting my hot 44 loads with BLL. 7.5" ruger sbh. I shot about 100 rounds throughout the day. Never cleaned the gun until the end. One pass with the bore snake and clean as a whistle. Several times I pulled the cylinder and looked the holes over, and stared down the bore, and figured it sure did still look good, so I kept going.

I am no exceptional shot, but I like a good challenge. So I spent some time trying to hit my 125 yard 8" plate while sitting in a chair and resting the revolver on a piece of leather on my knee. It was fairly steady. Pretty stiff wind, not as sharp eyes, iron sights, and not sure where to hold for elevation, meant I missed a lot, but I am getting there.

Going back to the 50 yard 8" plate sure was a treat. Boy oh boy. Once I freshly painted the plate, I took the last 12 shots. All twelve shots in a nice cluster, less than the width of my palm by a bit. Didn't measure, but I would sure think maybe 3"?. Sure better than I expected.

Cast up another 300 tonight between shooting, and lubed them all in only a few minutes!

Thanks Ben!

Dan

Boolit Grand Master
    That that sounds good.
    What was your load ?
    What bullet were you using ?

Boolit Buddy
    It is a scalped 429649 that I bought from Shuz. It drops a 300 grain with my current mix. Crimped in the cannelure.
    Starline brass
    wlp
    22 gr h-110

this is a hot load folks, I worked up to it and it is safe in my gun, but be careful.

I have yet to chronograph it, as I don't really care, as I found what shot best, but it's fast. At 50 yards it amazes me that the targets don't break the bolt that holds it to the chain. And the trench under the target from the splatter is impressive.

Like 44man talks about- with a scope I have no doubt this thing would really be nail driver

Dan

Boolit Grand Master
    That is a pretty stiff load.
    Glad it is shooting well.

Ben

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GRid.1569 View Post
    Thought again about bringing it back.... Don't want to end up in Guantanamo Bay and left to grow a weird beard... Did check out the contents though and while I'm not quite as good as a spectrum analyser it does look, smell and flow the same as the Pledge Multi-Wax we get over here... ...and just as well I did as my case was selected for a random TSA physical....
    Oh it would of not been that bad, a week of fun in the sun and then we would trade you for a round of golf at St Andrews for POTUS.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Today I received the 4 bottles of LLA from Midway and made Bens LL. I thought I had followed his directions about using a "small" amount, however, this lube is very fluid and those two drops were HUGE. I hope by Labor Day they'll dry, man did I overdue it, if they do dry, they'll be well lubed and leave a clean lead free barrel (I hope). Thanks Ben, I'll get it right eventually.
    Last edited by johnc486; 03-11-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not certain if I understand what has happened here ?

I can assume that you poured way to much BLL onto your bullets ? If so, as you're probably well aware by now, that is a real no - no.

Yes, that is exactly what I did, I've read your warnings about using a small portion many times but didn't realize how fluid it is. I also made the mistake of putting aprox. 50 or so bullets in a margarine bowl and then applied the BLL. When I turned down the ketchup container, it just flowed out (lesson learned), stupid, stupid, stupid on my part. This is by no means a lash out on the lube, just my stupidity and not heeding your warning. Thanks for experimenting and passing on your formula, I think it is going to be a great replacement for the 45-45-10 I am now using. Again, THANKS.

Banned

Reminds me of one of the times I cooked Chili and the sprinkle top filter came off the garlic salt shaker. Got most of the excess out, but I learned to at least measure things Justin Wilson style now, and never directly over the pot. Another good habit to get into when handling liquid mixtures of any sort is to shake the bottle before using.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnc486 View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I did, I've read your warnings about using a small portion many times but didn't realize how fluid it is. I also made the mistake of putting aprox. 50 or so bullets in a margarine bowl and then applied the BLL. When I turned down the ketchup container, it just flowed out (lesson learned), stupid, stupid, stupid on my part. This is by no means a lash out on the lube, just my stupidity and not heeding your warning. Thanks for experimenting and passing on your formula, I think it is going to be a great replacement for the 45-45-10 I am now using. Again, THANKS.
    Sorry, that you're 1st experience was a bit less than perfect.

Ben

Holy cow! This stuff is great! I mixed some up this weekend but didn't get to use it. Incidentally, in the bottle I used, 60% is exactly two 4oz bottles of LLA. Very convenient! Anyway, I cast up a couple hundred lee 356-125-2R and TL-ed them while they were still warm. They dried almost instantly with no tackyness or gunkyness. Can't wait to load and shoot them! Thanks so much Ben!
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

Boolit Master

I mixed up a batch tonight with the 4 bottles of alox I had sitting around.
    Cant wait try to it out!

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT ... I sent an email to SC Johnson about the One Step liquid wax yesterday asking where I could buy that product out here in Western Canada and listed below is the reply that I received! The product has now been discontinued from sale and is being replaced with a replacement Pledge product. Don't know how the new Pledge version would work in the BLL recipe, but it might bear some testing? Another option would be for everyone on here that is making BLL to contact SC Johnson and ask them to please put the One Step wax back on the shelf? (The reply does say that they consider consumer input to be important to them ... so if they got enough queries about the One Step wax maybe they would bring it back?) Failing that you'd better go out and stock up on as much of the remaining shelf stock as you can find for future use. Anyway, here is what they had to say in their reply to me:

Hello Allen,

I’m sorry to share SC Johnson® One Step No Buff Wax is no longer being made. That said, your continued interest has been shared with the team.

We’re always working on new and exciting products and sometimes, in order to make room for them at the store, we have to decide which ones to take off the shelf. It’s a decision we don’t take lightly, and consumer and retailer interest helps us choose which stay.

Meantime, you may be interested to try Pledge® FloorCare Finish. This finish provides a beautiful, transparent, long-lasting shine that stands up to the wear and tear of heavy traffic without yellowing. It also helps restore the shine of older floors and prevents dirt from getting trapped in grooves and indentations, which makes cleaning floors easier.

And so you can give it a try on us, a full value coupon is on its way to the address you provided. Please expect it to arrive in about two weeks.

Best regards,

Rachel
    Consumer Relationship Center
    SC Johnson, A Family Company
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

in Remebrance
    Sure hope someone will compare the ingredients and maybe give the Pledge product a try. I've been shopping for some one-step, can't find any yet. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Grand Master
    Bummer !