Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: h&r barrel accessory program ending.

Boolit Master
    I am sad to hear this. I was planning on getting one in .357, but mainly because I could get extra barrels in other cartridges and already shoot .357 revolvers. There is always the option of a gunsmithed stub, but the factory option is the reason I was in the market.

Banned

I called back today to place my order. Yesterday I was told no .357 and yes 30-30. Today no 30-30 and yes .357. So I said take your time and let's get this right. So now it is yes 30-30 and yes .357. So now I am all set for my two actions. Whatever the new plan is, will be announced Jan/Feb 2015.

Boolit Master
    So maybe its simply a case of they are moving, and dont want a pile of customers rifles to deal with, or the inventory of barrels to move.

Seems the barrel exchange is a pretty popular thing, it would be hard to argue in a board room somewhere that just getting rid of it would be a good choice, its money in the pocket. But we are talking wal street investment types they tend to make some pretty short sighted choices all the time. Or if the goal was to simply kill the brand to boost sales for other brands like Remington, not that I will be giving them any money any time soon. Armalite went to alot of effort to reintroduce the AR-180 then killed it not long after as it was cutting into their AR15 sales. I had 2 different 180s an original one and a b model, all they really should have done was update to a faster twist barrel, vs cheaping out and pretty much ruining a good thing. That polymer lower was pretty flimsy, and no folding stock.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I don't know everything I am supposed to know, so I ask a lot of thupid questions...

Can you build a Handi Gun on a NEF 410 shotgun action?
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

I really hate to hear this news. Hope they start the program back up when they make the move to their new location, or at least continue to sell extra bbls. like TC as others here have suggested.

Boolit Mold
    Sssssh........a new gun is in the works for 2016

If we're lucky it will come in under TC and CVA

Boolit Master
    "I don't know everything I am supposed to know, so I ask a lot of thupid questions...

Can you build a Handi Gun on a NEF 410 shotgun action?"

To answer your question yes as long as it is a low pressure cartridge.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

I just shipped out my action to have it fitted for two barrels, really didn't want to spend the money, but it's now or never I guess.
    1,000,000 peso man

Also confirmed by csr i talked to on the phone today, the program will end when the barrels run out or January 2015 whichever comes first.
    1,000,000 peso man

My Handi receiver arrived in Illion New York yesterday and H&R took possession.

I got a nice conformation email directing me to this site.
    http://www.remington.com/forms/repair-information.aspx

I know they laid a bunch of people off, I suspect the last of the gunsmith's is working his tail off.

Hoping for a .357 mag barrel and a 7.62x39 to go with the .223 that I bought it with.

Wait and see at this point.

Banned

I sent out the two bare receivers I got off Gun Broker yesterday. Hope to get .30-30 and .357 barrels.

Boolit Master
    I have carved a lump, had it TIGd to the barrel and had my own 8mmx41R 59'
    Not really high tech.
    A piece of cold rolled, a metal cutting band saw, a drill press and some file time is what it took.
    Ebay has some good prices on take off barrels, I just bought one for $19, delivered.
    Some times they just cannot stop a determined man.
    I started that one with a $15 Turkoff barrel.
    drinks, NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO, CBA, Def-Con.

Boolit Master

Do the pencil neck geeks taking over the industry not know what a gun is unless it a whampandstoper bolt gun or plastic wonder gun.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

If they don't continue after their move, i sure hope someone steps in on the opportunity for after market bbls. for them.

Boolit Master
    Remember they are owned by Cerebrus, the same group that almost destroyed Chrysler.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Master
    I called H&R to see about having a new 44 mag barrel fitted to my SB1 and the lady said they were out of the 44 barrels and that they were discontinuing the program and that they would not be doing it any more because it was not cost effective for the company. Of course you can still buy a complete gun, and that they have plenty of all the calibers they currently list in there catalog.

Boolit Master
    Not chiding all the H&R owners ........ and I thought the barrel program added value to the rifle ......... I just never got into their triggers.

Myself, I do the Savage, Stevens, Marlin X-series ..... and Contender barrel program.

And it seems to me, the barrel stub would be the way on an H&R in light of the bean counter's genius move at Ceribrus.

Three 44s

So now you can't buy spare barrels?

Banned

Time is running out.

Anyone try sending in a 1930's registered H&R handi gun? I have one in 2 1/2 410 and would love a 3" barrel and also a 28 gauge barrel. I am guessing they would say "don't even send that scary thing to this state". I believe I will call them Monday just to see what they say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast