Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Universal/Hollywood Gun Shop Press Timeline

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    Time to revive this thread and ask if anyone knows the manufacturer of the paint used on Hollywoods.
    Try this:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/VHT-SP201.html#.VofhAjZuVSU
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Kevin!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    Ausome presses what a colection.

Boolit Mold
    Wow, to that collection. Found this thread while looking for info on Hollywood as I just acquired a 12g auto press in a reloading stuff buy. Have been using a Hornady 366 for years. Should I switch or sell? Looks very complete but I'm not familiar with it's operation. Load a lot of shotshells and this looks pretty heavy duty. Have any idea on value? Have not been able to find any shotshell presses anywhere online.

Also got a Star in 45 and 38, a Texan something, a beautiful Ohaus beam scale in a factory wooden box, and other stuff. Was primarily after the reload components but it had to be a package deal so I went for it. All the stuff seems to have been acquired in the 70's.

Chuckdolf;

Congraulations on the reloading presses you found, there should be a lot of people here who know the values of your presses.

About the Hollywood Shotgun Auto you inquired about, there is only one person I know of on this board who claims to have used one in this life, (Reloader Fred) he might be able to help you about using it. With Hollywood Gun Shop Auto's, my experiance is that you will have to have several friends around to help you with feeding it components. As far as value, it is what the market will bear. If you want High Dollar, list it on E-bay and hold on to your key board as It could bring a thousand or two in Good complete usuable shape. Good luck with it either way, if possible, post a few pictures so we all can enjoy another Hollywood Press that survived.

HGS

Attachment 250262

Here is one that survived
    Last edited by super6; 10-26-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master
    Nice looking press S6!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Hi everyone!
    What Hollywoods have you found lately? I recently purchased a Junior from a member on this site which increases my collection by 33% ;^)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollywood Junior 0  .jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	269689
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master
    That collection leaves one breathless! I'd settle for just fondling them!!

Banned
    John Wayne you have a nice looking press there. Even better you have an adapter for snap in shellholders, changing the original H type shellholders is awkward and can stress your patience. You did good. It's quirky design, but it works and looks good setup on your bench ready to go to work.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Pressman. You are a class act and then some! I'm wondering...Is there a museum that someday might hold every model of Hollywood produced?
    Last edited by John Wayne; 10-22-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Boolit Master

John: I see your signature line. This is the time of year when lots of Hollywood turret appear on Ebay.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Mold
    Can anyone tell me if tooling was produced for the Senior Turret press to reload 10G or 16G shotshells?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by harkom View Post
    Can anyone tell me if tooling was produced for the Senior Turret press to reload 10G or 16G shotshells?
    Yes, the second generation shotgun die set was made for the Sr T though it can be used on any of the Turrets. 12 and 20 are fairly common. 10, 16, and 410 are very hard to find.

Those hard to find sizes are a little bit easier to find in the first generation dies, which can used on any of the turrets and single stages with proper attachments, but not by much.

Since Tapatalk foo barred their photo uploading process I can’t post pics to show the difference.
    Last edited by LUBEDUDE; 10-22-2020 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Censorship
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master
    Thanks Pressman. You are a class act and then some! I'm wondering...Is there a museum that someday might hold every model of Hollywood produced?
    Members HGS and 50 BMG have most, if not all. As well as the new owner of Hollywood Reloading Tools.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Members HGS and 50 BMG have most, if not all. As well as the new owner of Hollywood Reloading Tools.
    Hopefully those big collections can stay together and be completed if they haven't been already.

Does anyone have a source for the threaded plastic powder hopper and lids?

Boolit Master
    Hopefully those big collections can stay together and be completed if they haven't been already.

Does anyone have a source for the threaded plastic powder hopper and lids?
    The hoppers are threaded, but the lids are not. The first and second generation hoppers had solid aluminum lids. About 10 years ago there was a guy on ebay making some for $20-25 each for a very short time. Add shipping and I guess it made the price too high.

The third generation PM did not have threaded hoppers and came with a heavy steel lid which had an o-ring.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    The hoppers are threaded, but the lids are not. The first and second generation hoppers had solid aluminum lids. About 10 years ago there was a guy on ebay making some for $20-25 each for a very short time. Add shipping and I guess it made the price too high.

The third generation PM did not have threaded hoppers and came with a heavy steel lid which had an o-ring.
    Thank you for that info LUBEDUDE!!! I may have to start making them since I work in a machine shop part time. I'm swamped but I feel compelled to help others keep their machines up and running as cheaply as possible.

Did all the hollywood people leave us?
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

Nope

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast