Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: front sights

front sights

when shooting my pistol the front sight moves to the right. I am right handed. When the trigger breaks and releases the hammer the trigger swings to its full reward travel and the pistol pulls to the right. What causes this? Is it because I am pulling the trigger and not squeezing? Is the trigger spring too heavy? Maybe the hammer spring? I hold the trigger in the 1st knuckle crease of my index finger. I need to know whats going on as my first 2-3 quick shots are always to the right then if i slow down and eye up the target I can hit where I am aiming usually. The pistol is a Tanfoglia Witness 10mm.

Boolit Master

If any portion of your trigger finger is rubbing on the frame as you squeeze off a round, it would be a contributing factor. If so, use less finger on the trigger.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s

watch Jerry's trigger finger. In the views I could get a good view of his finger, he is mostly using the pad of his finger, and not the knuckle. I found for myself when I went to the range and started working the trigger as I observed from his video, I stopped shanking to the right. I got a more consistant pull backwards, instead of pulling to the side.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Buddy
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Banned

Pad of the finger, never as deep as the knuckle. Most guys will go too deep with the finger on the frame and pull shots left by pushing sideways. Need to pull straight back. I suppose you could pull right but most will shoot left.

Boolit Buddy
    What part of the trigger are you contacting? In addition to having too much finger on the trigger, you may also be pulling the trigger from the mid portion of the trigger. The trigger is simply a lever. Take advantage of the lever and decrease the pull by using the pad of your finger on the end of the lever. The best illustration I ever heard was image that trigger is a long glass rod that you want to snap. You are going to snap that rod more efficiently by being on the very end of the rod.

Dry fire practice is needed. I had the same problem and could see it happening in dry fire.