MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Rifle, pistol, EZ-Loader Reloading press.

Boolit Master

Rifle, pistol, EZ-Loader Reloading press.

This is for anyone that owns one of these presses. I tried selling the one I have here on this web site, not a single bite at any price. I thought well I'm stuck with it, why not try to make it work with standard dies. My first project was to work with it to get it to take standard dies. I clamped the thing in my big vice and started chiseling with a 1/2" wide wood chisel and chiseled the aluminum out from behind where the dies screws into the press, I had to sharpen the chisel one time about half way through the chiseling. I also used an oblong grinding burr to kind of clean it up. It took about an hour on each side and I finally got it cut out enough to accept standard dies, the problem was that the standard dies with the large lock nut will not screw in the press. The area that I chiseled out is about 1 1/4" wide and concaved and 2"+ high. I then ordered two Lee Loader rams and had them machined two fit the holes, and this way I have stations to put two shell holders in and two dies. I processed about a 100 30-30 shells and it went twice as fast as a single stage press. I guess you could call it a semi progressive press.

Boolit Master
    I also have That machine. I have used it For years . and have some dies. Yes In today's point of view It does have it's Drawbacks. but it is an easy press to used and somewhat Quick as quick with that can be.. I can Understand Your Frustration
    Is yours the Early cast Iron or The later Aluminum.
    I have The later Model. Resizing On The Front 2 position sometimes Broke the Ears off. Not that it happened to me . but You know general Complaint's

Will you be able to post a Photo' It would be interesting
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Grand Master

What are you guys talking about? What sort of a press requires chiseling and grinding to
    take ordinary dies? Never heard of it.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    Bill, check out Dusty's "Photos in this thread". Mine is the aluminum model. If you will notice the two lines where the paint is missing just behind the threaded die holes, that is where I chiseled out a good portion of the aluminum so that it would except standard dies. Standard dies will not screw into the press with the lock ring because there is not enough room between the die and the press its self. I will see if my neighbor can get this computer to do pictures. I am going to get a new computer tower to go with my new monitor, in the next couple of months.