Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Great Low-ride IWB Carry Holster For A Kahr..

Vendor Sponsor

Great Low-ride IWB Carry Holster For A Kahr..

I usually carry this lightweight (1lb 10oz fully loaded) Kahr CW45 pistol Tex/mex-style in the pants with no holster, but decided to get one with a clip that will keep the gun in place should I find myself running or getting in a physical altercation that really needs the gun to stay where I put it.

After looking at several dozen, with prices ranging from $150-$199 for high end custom made rigs, I found one at Black Hills Leather that I thought would do the trick, and it was priced at $49 which is really good for a top quality hand made, boned, decent carry holster.

Their BH-71 is shown with a straight up and down clip, and I asked Rudy Lozano, owner of the place, if he could do a custom design with a really low in the jeans ride, and a forward cant. He said no problem, and after a few weeks (longer than we agreed on too btw..) the holster arrived, but without the mods I had asked him for. He was apologetic and really wanted me to be pleased with it so I returned the holster to him along with a paper template showing exactly how I had hoped it would be made the first time.

Couple of weeks went by and he sent a whole new holster, custom made EXACTLY as I had drawn on the template, for the same price, I think it was $63.xx with shipping, and in the couple of months I have been wearing this piece of gear, it has performed exactly as expected, will last for years and years, the looks and workmanship are top notch, and the price is unbeatable! What's not to like about that in todays economy and overseas produced goods?

Anyway, thought I would share this with you fellas, and anyone who wants one made like this, totally has my permission to use the photos and send them along so Rudy knows EXACTLY what you want, should you decide to order one!

This is how I like to carry without a holster, low down in the waistband, the gun is difficult to detect under plain street clothes, usually only a tee shirt and jeans. I wanted the holster to put the gun in the same exact location:

First holster that was sent, the one that didn't quite pass muster:

Second holster that Rudy made, this one came back PERFECT!

This is the low ride carry I favor and it positions the gun precisely where I needed it to!

The only thing I have done is bent down the tang on the end of the clip as it sticks out at about a 45° angle and prints easily if left alone. Few minutes with pliers, problem solved.

Any Kahr owner who likes to carry like this, I would highly recommend this holster made by Black Hills Leather, just make SURE that Rudy Lozano understands what you want, and you will get yours done right the first time. Even if it has to go back, they are totally committed to 100% customer satisfaction, and the end result was worth it.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Bub
    another option is the Sticky holster