Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Great time casting yesterday ......

Boolit Buddy

Great time casting yesterday ......

I have been a lurker here since at least 2005 and only recently joined. Since 2006 I have cast several thousand Boolits, everything from 310 Grain Lee's to 95 Grain Lyman's. I enjoy casting and find it to be very relaxing once I get into my rhythm ....

Anyway, yesterday I spent about 4 hours teaching my 32 year old son the fine art of smelting, casting, sizing, tumble lubing and then reloading said Boolits for his Glock 20 10mm, the LEE 175 TC BTW. Best time casting ever and now he has the fever ........

He has lived about 5 hours away for years but over the last 2 years has gone through a divorce and subsequent troubles. After a job change he moved 45 minutes away from the cabin in June. We have done more together in the last 3 months than in the past 18 years ( since he discovered and fell under the spell of wimmin' folk ). It is fantastic to have my son back ........
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Master

That is great to hear and definitely a great hobby to bond over. I'm sure he will every forget these times either.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Father & Son time . . . nothing out there like it! My Dad's been gone close to 20 years . . . still miss doing things with him fixing things on the farm to just having a cup of coffee. Sorry for the things you son has had to go thorough, but sure hope the two of you will have many more hours and days to do things together. You're a good Dad . . . .

Tis the season [for casting]!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    It's always the season for casting , and shooting and loading and ....................

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy

Thanx for the comments, SWMBO & I are really happy have our Son back.
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76

Boolit Buddy

He is the youngest of 3 and the only boy. We used to do a bunch of camping, off-roading, hunting & fishing, plus just plain plinking & reloading. He started going into the mountains when he was about 5, heck he even shot a Full Auto 1927 Thompson & Suppressed MP-5 when he was about 8 or so. The Thompson was so heavy with the Drum Magazine that I actually held it up for him but he lined up the sights and shot it.

But then when he was 14 and a Freshman, I took a transfer to a Resort Sub-Station and he moved with SWMBO and I about 90 minutes away from where he had lived since he was 4. His oldest sister had just got married and the 2nd was starting her Senior year and SWMBO got her an apartment so she could finish with her Class.( that was a battle I lost ..... )

He hooked with a controlling little wench that year and moved out at 17 because I had too many rules. They were married right after Graduation and moved away. We rarely spoke over the next 12 years, then at Christmas 2012 she told him to move out because she had a Boyfriend. He was blindsided and devastated beyond belief. Mom & Dad came to his rescue and got him a truck and set up in an apartment, set me back about $20k before it was all said and done. I spent about 4 months living with him to help get his feet back under him. Mom stayed at the cabin held down our domicile.

Thankfully that is mostly behind him and he is making forward progress with a new romantic interest and job, I think I would have sunk $50k without batting an eye, that is what parents do for their kids. The wife and I are really happy to have our only son back in our lives.

Sorry for the babble, I just needed to put it into words. Thanx for being my sounding board.
    Last edited by Mtnfolk75; 09-16-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Boolit Master

Kids, what ya gona do?
    My son and myself smelted down some WW on Sunday, good times.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776