Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Social Security Disability Turned me Down

Boolit Master

Just the first cut,a lot of people give up at this point.but I think your smarter than that.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Mold
    That really sucks. I have a brother-in-law who blew out his knee 20 years ago and got SSD in a pinch. He has had his knee replaced, rides a Harley and even coaches HS football but STILL gets the SSD!!!!

I wish I could kick him off to give it to you!! Now, where is my camera to take pictures of that Harley riding disabled guy??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog25 View Post
    I have never seen a more corrupt and retarded program as Social Security Disability. I would love to know what they do consider to be disabled. Oh well, I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

Scott
    This is so true. Sorry to hear how bad it is Scott. Dont give up keep the case open. Now that that is said a fast story. I have a buddy who went on a journey(he was retired). He took pics of guys who milked the system. He got tape recordings of the guys saying how they milked the system and other bad stuff about the system. He even had some recordings of guys tell him how to fake it and get the money. Last but not least he offered them cash work as laborers and offered them 50 bucks an hour. He never paid them but had the proof they where on the job. After all this he walked into the SSD building and asked to be seen. Presented his case and said I know how much each one is getting. If you add it up the standard life span with all of them I just saved you well over mill. Every one on his list and it was not short still works under the table and still gets a check. Oh and not that it matters but every single one of them do drugs and drink.

I personally have been shot down three times. They have put me at 78% and this was before my back issues.

I wish you the best of luck and like others have said hang in there. They dont want to pay anyone the first time around.

Boolit Master

My wife was severely injured 9 years ago, including traumatic brain injuries. They denied her the first time, we pressured and did the neutral doc thing and they said it looked good but would take 1.5 years to approve. Short story, we contacted our federal congressman, he made calls and we were approved 2 days later and had a check in 25 days.

Apply lots of pressure, don't let them jerk you around.

Good luck!

Vendor Sponsor

OP don't give up, the longer they say no the bigger the check when you DO WIN and you WILL WIN. It is BS what they are doing in your case, you just have to outlast them and keep going to your representatives. I would try a different doc or two if you can/
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Moderator Emeritus

Did you choose the doctors or did they? If they did they are not independent they are paid to say you are fine. See a local doc and get an appointment with a local neurosurgeon ASAP because nerve damage becomes permanent if left to long. SSA has canceled every med exam they scheduled for me, going on 9 years now...

Boolit Master

DD25 We are still praying.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

Scott,

File again and get your own doctor's opinions. Don't let them beat you! Hang in their buddy.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus

And get a lawyer! They work for a percentage of back benefits so you pay nothing up front.

Boolit Master
    Scott, I believe you are a straight forward honest guy expecting the system to respond to you in a straight forward honest way. I suggest Googling something like Florida Social Security Disability lawyers. Pick out a few close to you and call them. Figure out which lawyer to use and lawyer up. I am sorry, but that appears to be the system we all have to deal with.

I did Google it and there were lots of lawyers in Florida who specialize in this. I don't know Florida geography and have no idea which are close to you, but some must be (if you care about being close). There were lots of them. I have dealt with lots of lawyers and you have my phone number (I am the guy with the Lyman 45 you fixed) if you want to chat about what to ask of and how to deal with lawyers. Mostly it is obvious. What can you do for me? What does it cost me? Does the gentleman charge by the hour (gulp) for labor or expenses or take part of the winnings if any? How long does the attorney believe it will take and what is his/her experience with this type of effort? Years of experience? What other specialities does he pursue? If you sign up with the attorney and he/she is not working the case can you leave or does it cost you big $ to fire the lawyer. Does the lawyer have a staff that he hands the work down to? How does he/she report to you about progress? Ask what the steps they will take are and when these steps are taken.

There is more, but this is a start. You know where to find me if you want to talk. If you lost the phone number and want to talk send me a PM and I'll provide the number.

People just get crushed. If you don't stand up and try it will crush you. Lets at least give it a try and a fight. what is the worst that can happen? Not get benefits? You got them now? What do you have to lose? Fight it and see if you can win.

Scott-I have not read all the posts! I agree with get an attorney SPECIALIZING in DDSI. We fought 3 turn downs with our adult daughter about 20 years ago and finally got her on SSDI. She got a pretty good back check (bought a used truck) and was able to collect for several years before we lost her.
    Prayers are with you. I KNOW you are not a quitter.
    PM me if I can help.
    Paul James (pjames32)

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by PB234 View Post
    Scott, I believe you are a straight forward honest guy expecting the system to respond to you in a straight forward honest way. I suggest Googling something like Florida Social Security Disability lawyers. Pick out a few close to you and call them. Figure out which lawyer to use and lawyer up. I am sorry, but that appears to be the system we all have to deal with.

I did Google it and there were lots of lawyers in Florida who specialize in this. I don't know Florida geography and have no idea which are close to you, but some must be (if you care about being close). There were lots of them. I have dealt with lots of lawyers and you have my phone number (I am the guy with the Lyman 45 you fixed) if you want to chat about what to ask of and how to deal with lawyers. Mostly it is obvious. What can you do for me? What does it cost me? Does the gentleman charge by the hour (gulp) for labor or expenses or take part of the winnings if any? How long does the attorney believe it will take and what is his/her experience with this type of effort? Years of experience? What other specialities does he pursue? If you sign up with the attorney and he/she is not working the case can you leave or does it cost you big $ to fire the lawyer. Does the lawyer have a staff that he hands the work down to? How does he/she report to you about progress? Ask what the steps they will take are and when these steps are taken.

There is more, but this is a start. You know where to find me if you want to talk. If you lost the phone number and want to talk send me a PM and I'll provide the number.

People just get crushed. If you don't stand up and try it will crush you. Lets at least give it a try and a fight. what is the worst that can happen? Not get benefits? You got them now? What do you have to lose? Fight it and see if you can win.
    I do have a lawyer working with me, both on my SSDI and the reopening of my workers compensation case from 02. We were just stunned when the report came through and denied the reopening due to "non worsening of conditions". I have a Florida Lawyer and a Washington state Lawyer.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by PB234 View Post

I do have specialized lawyers working on both cases, the SSDI and the closed Worker Comp case, but can be reopened if the condition has worsened, but the doctors said it hadn't. Hmm, I don't remember having to use a walker to get around when the case closed, and I don't remember my right leg losing all the feeling in it, and if I have no cane or walker when the leg goes numb, I usually have a nasty fall, I also don't remember of having to take about a dozen pills most are depression, anxiety, and pain. Well you get the picture.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Social Security is a very corrupt system. My husband was approved right off the bat, 4 weeks after I applied for him. BUT, He was approved because he solid proof of his TBI, He at the time had 2 suicide attempts within 12 months and he had solid proof that he needed a caregiver.
    HOWEVER, My son who has a severe illness and met all their criteria plus some was denied. Their criteria was 3 hospitalizations in 1 year. He had 7.
    So, My advice to you is to appeal it. Appeal it as quick as possible and don't ever for minute let them think they are going to get away with it.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Buddy

Well, I guess what makes me the most frustrated is that the "Comp Case" is completely separate from the SSDI case but they both put you through the same horse hockey. They continue to keep turning you down and putting you closer and closer to the poor house. I have an attorney representing me in both cases and they both told me what you all are telling me, you just have to keep fighting, waiting, crying, not sleeping, and finding any way you can to survive until the game is over and I have come out on top. I really hope my business takes off to where I can help out around here with the bills. I think after some of my work gets back to folks, I am praying that word of mouth will push work my way. I just appreciate all of you, my extended family, I love all of you and thank you so much for your encouragement, prayers, advice, doing business with me, and just listening to me rant and rave...LOL.

Scott

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    And get a lawyer! They work for a percentage of back benefits so you pay nothing up front.
    And there is a cap of how much the lawyer gets and only when you win.SSDI pays your attorney,you don't.I never met my attorney,just a couple of phone calls with his paralegal sign release for medical records,and they done the rest.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Moderator Emeritus

I met mine and he capped his fee under the max allowed by SSA because he liked helping people. When I applied I had 13 MRI's showing all the joint damage I fight and how it was steadily getting worse and they turned me down twice. Third time was before a admin law judge and after he heard our side he turned and asked the SSA lawyer one question. "Just what the heck do you expect her to do for work?" Then he went into a very long tirade against him about my case should never have been denied from the beginning. SSA guy was getting redder and redder in the face and I thought he was going to have a heart attack when the judge finally told me you are approved I am making a bench decision and there will be no wait for me to review anything.

The system is corrupted with the peons who review incoming cases told to reject everything unless it is drug addiction, mental health, or you are to fat.

Boolit Buddy

The system is corrupted with the peons who review incoming cases told to reject everything unless it is drug addiction, mental health, or you are to fat.
    Well Mary, I will go buy myself some cocaine, have my wife hit me in the head with a baseball bat, and go to the buffet and eat till I puke! Oh, and then I will do the same thing the next day and the next day and the next day and on and on till they say "YES"

Don't let them discourage you! They do this to good people all the time.

Moderator Emeritus

DeputyDog25, I have followed your ups and downs and you have been in my prayers since the beginning.....I hate the way that you are being jerked around by the Government that you have paid into and when you need help....let us say...they are not the "good hands people!" I know that the only way to win is through not giving up, prayer, and your family (immediate as well as your Cast Boolit Family). We are here for you....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast