Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMR 700x in rifle

I had some fun today shooting lee lead cast checked 160 grain'ers frim my enfield no3 mk1 uesing 13 grains of 700x maybe a better load out there but this seemed to have decent recoil and accuracy was acceptable for plinking loads.

Boolit Bub
    Found a good 700X load in my 30-06. RCBS 180 SP that's powder-coated and gas checked with 13.0 grains of 700X. It moves along at 1525 fps and shoots sub 1/2" at fifty yards. My last group was sub 1/4", now I just need to try it at longer distances.

Banned
    Favorite powder for cast subs (247 grn) in 300 AAC BO

Banned

I use 700X in everything. Great powder, I recently started using it for loading trap shells too, go figure, finally got around to using it for what it was designed for.

Boolit Master
    Used 8.0 gr 700-X with 150 gr RNPB 311241 in .30-06 Springfield rebarreled with Ace 26 inch barrel, aperture sights, used as target gun and for training new shooters. Had a 12-year old shoot a center fire rifle for the first time, at 100 yard target, a five shot group. I was spotting. After the five, I told him “keep shooting”. Finally on the 13th shot he dropped one out of the black. He took home a target to be proud of.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Boolit Buddy
    I have used 700x with cast bullets in .30-06 and .303 in the same way Red Dot is used, only I used a grain or so less of it. Results have been similar to the Red Dot loads.

I managed to get a smattering of pistol/shotshell powders for free a while back, and it seems that they all work well for light plinking loads. Bullseye, Red Dot, 700x, Unique, PD (a very old can), and IMR SR7625 have all been highly satisfactory in my 308. I'll load anything that fits, up to 115 grains. Honestly, it's some of the most fun shooting that I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12