Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Wooo Hoooo.. New glock...

Wooo Hoooo.. New glock...

Well, I been giving reloading lessons to a guy in here in cordova, gave him a lee C-press challenger, and the rest of the stuff he needs to reload for his 45/70 guide gun... And last night, he presented me with a new Glock 17 in 9mm....

I have cast tons of boolits for AlaskanGurl's Sig 9mm, and I have loading them down to a science for her Sig, no leading thanks to properly sized boolits.... But I understand that Glocks are a different animal due to different rifling or due to lead shaving, depending on who you ask... So if this Glock is gunna survive in MY stable of guns, it needs to be able to shoot cast As Is... I dont wanna buy a aftermarket barrel at this time as Funds are extremely tight as I get ready for my trip to SE Alaska.... I will take it apart today and slug it, like I do for ALL my guns, but after that, any suggestions???

AG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Don't get mad, but I would trade it in on a FS S&W MP in what ever caliber you like. BETTER,ergonomics,easier breakdown, conventional rifling,plenty after market goodies(if you want them) and made in the USA! I have sold ALL my Glocks after I bought my 45!

http://mp-pistol.com/mp-talk/20620-m...d-bullets.html
    Last edited by seagiant; 08-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master

Size as big as it will safely chamber. The issue is polygonal rifling. You can shoot lead fine but they need to be bigger than with regular barrels. There is a sticky or two around here on this.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I would try the load you already have first. Maybe it shoots clean with that load.
    You could get an aftermarket barrel for between $105 and $175 depending on quality, i like KKM.

Love Life
    Use COWW or equivalent, Water drop, size to .357, lube with speed green, and go enjoy. <---That has worked for every Glock 9mm I have owned or shot, and it's quite a few of them.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Lee 356-120-TC as cast or sized to .357 works great in my 19. I do get better accuracy with the Storm Lake barrel but the OEM tube eats properly sized boolits no problem. One tip: back off on the powder charge a bit compared to what you are used to. The poly rifling will give a bit of a pressure boost due to better bore sealing and thereby higher velocity.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Hi AG,
    Are you writing all the things down you need to do to SAFELY shoot lead in your Glock! Jeez.... I bought a Lone Wolf barrel for my G20 (when I had it) so I didn't have to worry, but thats another $100, which is not bad for peace of mind!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

Congrats on the Glock, we have 7 of them, 4) G22, 2) G 23 and a G 35.
    I shoot lead a LOT, just size right and enjoy.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Thanks guys, I have several 9 mm molds to choose from... I will check and see how big I can chamber after slugging... Might be able to go as cast on my lee mold and it drops big, II. Also have many 357 molds I can size down too... I also have the lee 356-120 that also drops big thanks to a bit of a beagle job... That is the one that my wife's sig likes too, just sized a bit smaller..

Boolit Buddy

AlaskaGuy,
    FWIW, I own 2 Gen 3 G26's, a Gen 2 G19, a Gen 3 G32 & a Gen 2 G20. All 5 along with another Gen 3 G26, a Gen1 G17, a Gen 2 G23, 2 - Gen 3 G27's & a Gen 3 G22 that I have previously owned over the last 25 years have never had a problem with cast bullets of proper size. I imagine at least 30k of cast have gone down their collective tubes over that time and none never needed anything but a bore swab & solvent to make the bores shine. Don't over think it, just enjoy your New pistola ......

P.S. If I was 30 years younger & 30 lbs lighter, I might be temted to attempt what you are and your son are doing this winter down SE ...... Good luck & stay safe my Friend.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Thanks guys...