WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do only inbred yokels make outdoor channel hunting shows?

Question Do only inbred yokels make outdoor channel hunting shows?

It seems depressingly apparent that people with bad whispering skills and over-reaction to something going reasonably well are the ones making hunting shows. That and fishing shows. It must be that their eyes are too close together.... The town they came from had one last name on everyone's mailbox.

Just me, I suppose.

Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

It's made for little else than ratings.

Some enjoy it, I don't.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Banned

back when they actually taught you a little something about the animal I used to like watching them.
    i'll never shoot a white tail or catch a large mouth Bass [heck I never even seen one in the wild] but it didn't stop me from learning about their habits and signs.
    now days it's just we been watchin this 10 pointer for a year or so now and he should be here about 9.00 am on Wednesday.
    I hope I get a shot at him from this tower while he is at the feeder like he has been every day for the past 6 months.
    WOOO HOOO nice shot,,,,
    we'll let him lay until morning.
    then bring in the tracking team and you can show off the antlers you just paid $5,000.00 for..

Yea it sure does seem pretty lame to me ,I loved the old American sportsman show with Curt Gowdy ,Bing Crosby Phil Harris and a host of others that really was enjoyable .Cant say much for the stuff on there now

In Remembrance

The whispering thing drives me nuts in a hurry. Why can't they tape in a commentary in a normal voice. I'm so tired of seeing deer shot I may not hunt this fall.

Moderator Emeritus

I think that is there target audience.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I stopped my subscription to Dish, because I just couldn't take the hunting shows any more. Seems that monster bucks are what Everyone wants. Well not everyone. I would like to shoot a ten point whitetail if one comes my way. But if a nice doe comes my way I won't let her walk. I am basically a meat hunter. Besides the doe is better eating anyway.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

I just can't watch the hunting shows any more. Seen it all too many times now. And it's just like r5r said. They've made it boring. The only thing Ican watch guys hunt is coytes. I do enjoy watching that. Love to do it myself.. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

How 'bought that thare show what them guys shoot'n outada helimacopter? Them fellas hunt'n wild hogs! Saw a couple of minutes and changed the channel.....I wouldn't go ANYWHERE with those guys with guns involved.

I can't watch any of the 'reality' shows for any length of time. Found the tow truck guys- Lizard lick I think the other day. How may repossessions occur during the day? I've had two over the years happen out of my drive, One my FIL's truck and the other my BIL's car. Both occurred about 3am in the morning. Wish I had picture of both of their faces when they realized their vehicles were gone! Priceless Sorry for the minor hijack.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    Fist pumping, and un-respectful language celebrating the killing of animals that are lured into range by baiting then slaughtered, most behind high fences, is not my idea of hunting.

Some fishing programs seem to be on the up and up , but I refuse to consider tournaments as fishing.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

I agree that 98% of the hunting shows are 20 minutes of boring talk, 30 seconds of line up the shot, and 9 and 1/2 minutes of fist pumping high fiving "Look what I did"

Most seem to be totally disrespectful of the game they are pursuing.

Jim Shockey is a bit better, but not a whole lot.

Gotten to the point where I'm watching the outdoor channel only for American Rifleman, Shooting Gallery, and my favorite of them all, Gun Storys.

I think it proves you don't need a large audience to make few bucks putting a show on cable. The goofy characters might help bring some viewers back. They all seem to have a reasonably sane guy, a crazy guy among the characters and some controversy to keep things going.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master
    no they are only paid actors. the inbred are the ones writing and putting it t.v.

Boolit Master
    if they all originated from missouri I'd believe it. Now don't take that wrong , most of the missouri folk here are great but it seems there is a few clans that got the gene pool alittle narrow and regretfully that is what gets peoples attention.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    back when they actually taught you a little something about the animal I used to like watching them.
    i'll never shoot a white tail or catch a large mouth Bass [heck I never even seen one in the wild] but it didn't stop me from learning about their habits and signs.
    now days it's just we been watchin this 10 pointer for a year or so now and he should be here about 9.00 am on Wednesday.
    I hope I get a shot at him from this tower while he is at the feeder like he has been every day for the past 6 months.
    WOOO HOOO nice shot,,,,
    we'll let him lay until morning.
    then bring in the tracking team and you can show off the antlers you just paid $5,000.00 for..
    don't forget you aint hunting till you have the latest bow,gun on the market and oh don't forget your scent free cloths and spray...now which way to my 4500 acre hunting lease
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master

I probably watch one a year or so, just to remind myself of how poor they are!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

It seems that many of the deer must be inbred too. Where can I find some of these dumb deer that stop and stare at you when you whistle or grunt and watch, unmoving, as an arrow flies toward them. Or that can't see 3 or 4 guys sneaking to within 50 yards of them across the open terrain.

Is a buck that has grown up eating steroids out of a trough really a trophy? Is using a bow that is capable of taking deer out to 80-100 yards really a challenge?

And don't be fooled........using a crossbow does not make you an archer.................

Have the machine set to record Meat Eater the rest are garbage.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    Seems that monster bucks are what Everyone wants. Well not everyone. I would like to shoot a ten point whitetail if one comes my way. But if a nice doe comes my way I won't let her walk. I am basically a meat hunter. Besides the doe is better eating anyway.
    me too! my buddies make fun of me cause ill shoot a doe over a 4 point. them 4 pts dont mean nothing to me. that doe made out of 70 pounds of tender delicious meat does though.

Boolit Master
    I don't think the target audience is the actual hillbillies. The target audience is people who have some minor interest in hunting and want to be able to watch clowns do it and feel like they are smarter than them. Same with Duck Dynasty, Swamp People, etc.

Mainstream media wouldn't know what to do with a level headed, well educated, even tempered conservative man (or woman) who likes to hunt and prefers to live in a rural area. They'd rather find some irresponsible man-children and perpetuate the "gun totin' redneck idiot" stereotype. Sometimes it makes you think they are celebrating a part of America that is underrepresented by the media, but it's often just a more subtle way to make fun of people who don't live like they do in L.A.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast