Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPOOPER caught on Mountian Man TV series

Boolit Master

BPOOPER caught on Mountian Man TV series

In sundays episode Eustas & his sidekick were tracking a hog, Eustas was carring a ruger #1 with only the rear flip up scope cover open ! he actually leaned up aganist a tree and shot the hog with the front flip up cover still closed covering up the front of the scope.
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-20-2014 at 02:58 PM.

I thought this was about a BPOOPER being caught. Didn't even know what a BPOOPER is, but still wanted to read of it.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Ok BUSTED ! i ment blooper ! but i tried to edit it and would not let me change the heading . and i did not feel like rewriting the post.
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-20-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Boolit Master
    All of those "reality" shows are heavily scripted. They are pure fantasy written and filmed for a viewing audience. Nothing real about them.

Boolit Master
    My wife is hooked on Swamp People..... she loves to hear Troy talk... if you watch closely in some of the episodes they use as many as three different rifles to shoot the gator when they piece all the clips together... I guess they think people will focus on the fight, not the rifle... I find it more fun to look for these than most of the show.
    Last edited by Themoose; 08-20-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Master

+1 themoose. I do the same. My friends hate to watch movies and TV shows with me because of it. My daughter does the same. She even beat me to catching one with This Old House. The crew was inside the house working and when they were outside they were dressed differently.

Boolit Buddy

I thought the same thing bob and pointed it out to the wife. She was kind enough to mention maybe he broke the front cap off as i had done on one of mine ? Never got a shot of the front, only the hinge on top from the back. But they showed a red hog and he shot a small spotted pig.

Boolit Master

Awwww ya just missed it is all. Useless actually has x ray vision and saw right through that cap !!!
    Facta non verba

Vendor Sponsor

He's so good he does not need to look thru the scope
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Perma-Banned
    the writers on these "reality" shows know nothing about their subject matter, the narrator knows less & the edit monkeys are the dumbest of all. I love swamp people but, as mentioned above, I've seen as many as 4 guns used to make the same shot on a gator. I've also seen left-hand 10-22's, '94 Winchesters, mini-14's & who knows what else. and the ridiculousness doesn't stop there. they show dead gators with blood leakin' out of their heads but for some reason won't show the actual shot. so they shoot into the water to get a shot for the camera & water splashes up in their face. oh well, who ya gonna call? have a good'en neighbors, bubba.

Boolit Grand Master

None of the so called "Reality " shows are made for serious viewing by intelligent folks. They are made for entertainment only, and no one expects a documentary. Part of the fun is catching the bloopers.
    There is a certain amount of education involved for folks who have never tried the subject adventures, but you have to sort through a lot of BS.
    The gaters they kill are almost always twice as long and heavy as what we see. The gold and gems others hunt are worth outrageous prices, and water doesn't freeze in Alaska, till it's below 10*.

In Remembrance

That`s why they call televisions an "IDIOT BOX"!Robert

Banned

I have see through flip up's [and just plain ol scope covers] on some of my scopes.
    they come in handy when it's raining and the shot's are close.
    a little blurry, but out 50-60 yds easy enough to center the cross-hairs on something as large as a piglet.

I for one would hate to be out there trying to film a half hour show with about 5 minutes of good footage a week.
    we all know how it goes with hunting.
    you spend day's waiting for that 15 seconds, then you do all that work to get it back to the truck. [nobody wants to see or hear that]
    if they had that many gators running around, you'd see open season on them.

Boolit Master

Eustace ain't no dummy. He was on a Stossel report on overbearing government agencies trying to shut down his back to basics school of the 19th century. My guess is Eustace wanted to know who was paying attention.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    American Pickers is my pet peeve. A friend of my for many years restored old motorcycles, particularly Harleys and he had lots of older bikes and parts . Someone gave his name to that show and they contacted him and told him they would pay him just to come and film the visit. Of course he told them H--- No.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy

The mountain man scenes are a recreation of actual events that the characters described to the production and film crew. It's not possible for a camera crew to follow the characters around long enough to film all the scenes in real time. So, the clip with Eustace and the scope cover down most likely git sequenced in during edit.

Cast Hunter

Are you sure it wasn't a Blizzard see-through cap? I have a couple myself.

Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Buddy
    If you ever watch wicked tuna...there are so many mistakes and bloopers it unreal. The seas change from one sentence to the next...suns up and then next talk suns down. I've seen them fighting a tuna on one color reel and 10 seconds later it's a diff reel. Writers must think were retards or something.

Boolit Master

? its allways possible FME most people who have the see through scope covers have them for both ends of the scope

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    I have see through flip up's [and just plain ol scope covers] on some of my scopes.
    they come in handy when it's raining and the shot's are close.
    a little blurry, but out 50-60 yds easy enough to center the cross-hairs on something as large as a piglet.

I for one would hate to be out there trying to film a half hour show with about 5 minutes of good footage a week.
    we all know how it goes with hunting.
    you spend day's waiting for that 15 seconds, then you do all that work to get it back to the truck. [nobody wants to see or hear that]
    if they had that many gators running around, you'd see open season on them.
    We do have a season for gators but its for a limited number of hunters but they can take more than one. Gators here are almost like deer in PA, I could show you some almost any day of the year, it does not take a big expedition just a short canoe ride. Take the local swamp tour on a powerboat and they will show you some really big ones (I think they feed them to keep them in spots they can get too with the boat}. I don't really want to get close to the big ones in a canoe. I don't remember the deal when I lived in Fla. but I was too close to some gators more times than I want to count. I see road kill gators all the time.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides