MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams DOA

Robin Williams DOA

I think he was the funniest man alive, dies of depression.

I am confused how some one with that much money can not come up with something better than dying.

I guess if you make your own stuff it gives you some drive. I would need to live to be 300 yr old to finish half my projects much less use them as much as I'd like.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Boolit Master
    I have to agree 100%
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Buddy
    We all fight our own battles. He struggled with substance abuse most of his adult life. I'm thankful for the laughs he gave us and I hope he has found peace in passing.

In Remembrance

Nanu Nanu Mork closing frequency now.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    it's repeated a lot, money not being able to buy happiness, might have some truth to it

Boolit Master

Entertainment news states that he was financially inept. Paid out alot to ex's..so he had to continually work any job. ..but, he Was funny..

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    I enjoyed a lot of his work. My favorite will always be the special radio broadcast he did for "us" on Armed Forces Radio, during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. It was "Good Morning Saudi" similar to his "Good Morning Vietnam." I will have to find the recording I made and listen to it again.

May he finally find peace from the Demons that haunted him in life.

One of my favorites all time. Remember his debut on Happy Days. Was there. Been a fan since day one. RIP Robin.
    just puttin' along

Boolit Bub

For someone to be so mentally troubled to resort to taking their life is a sad thing. We can only wonder what could trouble anyone this badly. So sorry to hear.

Tho I don't like scratching chit with the chickens but many times it is better than living a life of luxury. Most times it is not what it appears to be.

May he RIP and his demons be vanquished to were they belong. He will be missed greatly.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Buddy
    Robin Williams was a genius. He understood and loved Johnathan Winters because they both had minds that ran on a clock faster than most of us. Both had demons that they had to fight becuase of that gift.

When I heard of this I wished he would have simply called to say Hi to one fan. Each of us could have tried to give him a reason for one more day, one day at a time. He had millions of fans.

RIP, you will be missed.
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    He did an interview with an Australian Journalist. He ran out of control for the whole thing, had me in tears laughing. I must be old, I can also remember laughing my *** off watching Mork and Mindy.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

The fight we fight is spiritual and we fight with carnal methods. When will this country wake up? We send our military over seas to fight for freedom, with the most advanced weapons; only for them to come home and perish for the lack of knowledge. We might be winning the battles but the war is being lost right here at home.

Boolit Master
    Maybe the fact he was depressive made him make people laugh and being happy as much as possible.

I think a fine man has left us, I hope he now finds his peace.

Boolit Buddy
    Very Sad RIP

Boolit Master
    In a selfish morbid sense; at least the "news media" will be reporting about his death everday, through his burial, instead of about what Kim Kardashian:
    ate, said, felt, read, watched, slept with, travelled to, posted on facebook, selfied, blew, etc. etc. etc.
    Bob

Who is Kim Kardashian? Some hollyweird harlot?

I called one of my best friends just a few minutes ago and we talked about Robin Williams. I called him mainly because this same type of tragedy struck almost 2 years ago now when my friends youngest boy committed suicide at 17. I will say that mental illness of all forms really needs to be addressed by our society. RIP Kyle and Robin. May God Bless Them and Keep Them in the Palm of His Hand!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Life won't be the same, except in our memories, of which there are many.

Something like 33% of people who have heart surgery end up with some form of depression. The link between the two is very well documented and known. Depression that stems from heart surgery usually isn't the kind people just "get over" if it lasts more than two weeks after the surgery. It is sad he didn't get help, serious clinical depression can completely change a personality and make someone do things they would normally never consider or be capable of if they were in their right mind. Some people aren't even capable of seeking help for themselves the depression gets so bad. We'll probably never know the truth of how bad his was, or if he sought help etc. It is just a really sad situation all the way around. Yes, suicide is incredibly selfish but when someone has clinical depression many times the suicide has nothing to do with selfishness. It is simply the person is no longer in complete control of their mind and their actions. They are mentally ill and need help not condemnation.
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine ownself be true