RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold VX-2 vs VX-3 Rifle Scope

Boolit Grand Master

I've been noticing for awhile that great glass makes it down to most price points, the coatings and mechanicals are what set the good scopes apart. I may be needing another glass for Scopekiller soon, wondering about the durability of the VX-II. Can't be any worse than the Redfields it's been beating up...but there's something different about the mechanicals of the Redfield after it's last trip to Oregon.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Only had mine a short while, but it holds it's zero on my whelen and moves where i want it to when i want it to. My whelen killed two redfields back to back very quickly.

Boolit Master
    If I may ask, Which Redfield model?

my understanding was the revolution IS a VX-1 , made in the Beaverton, OR plant and the revenge is made off shore.

I just put a revolution 3x9 on my neighbors 308 Norma mag for last elk season. It's fired about 100 rounds. So far, so good.

I did notice it's not as good of glass as my 20 year old VX2, but it's not in the same price catagory either.
    NRA life member

LB

Quote Originally Posted by lylejb View Post

my understanding was the revolution IS a VX-1 , made in the Beaverton, OR plant and the revenge is made off shore.

I just put a revolution 3x9 on my neighbors 308 Norma mag for last elk season. It's fired about 100 rounds. So far, so good.

I did notice it's not as good of glass as my 20 year old VX2, but it's not in the same price catagory either.
    Mine were the revolutions or the ones made in Oregon. They were both 3x9 50 mm. and actually quite clear and very bright. I actually liked mine and had high hopes for it, but the vertical went bonkers on both of them back to back in a short period of time.
    Maybe i happened to get the only two like that, but i didn't go for #3. I traded in on a vari x 2. May have just been a glitch in the early stages of the co. changing hands. I'm sure they'll get em right in the future and they may already have.
    Hope yours holds up just fine!

Banned

I had two. A 4x12 and a 2x7 and the adustments went haywire on both of them. No more for me. I just dont have faith in them holding zero. If the ajustments are that fragile im sure a bit of rough use hunting could very well cause them to fail
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Mine were the revolutions or the ones made in Oregon. They were both 3x9 50 mm. and actually quite clear and very bright. I actually liked mine and had high hopes for it, but the vertical went bonkers on both of them back to back in a short period of time.
    Maybe i happened to get the only two like that, but i didn't go for #3. I traded in on a vari x 2. May have just been a glitch in the early stages of the co. changing hands. I'm sure they'll get em right in the future and they may already have.
    Hope yours holds up just fine!

Boolit Master
    The rebate is for $50 and only on VX2's purchased during Aug-1 Sept. Midway has the rebate form on their web site.
    I like the VX2 as well as the VX3's. But lately I find myself buying more and more Zeiss scopes. You can find demo models on cameralands web site at good prices. Zeiss glass is superb but I love the quick focusing ring.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lylejb View Post

I have a Revolution in 2-7 and 3-9, the 2-7 is the one that is not doing well for me. Then again I have a new Weaver on there now and it looks like Scopekiller may have struck again. I haven't seen the VX-1 and the Revolution together but that makes sense.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12