Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tired of getting your game cams stolen?

Nice camo on the trail cam. Since we dont all have a quarter million in the bank to buy property, and there is a lot of competition on public lands, might as well take some logical steps to help reduce the likelihood of some jackrock stealing the camera

Im shopping around for the right cam...if it gets stolen while i am not there, then i can credit that to poorly raised children with no sense of ethics. You bet that if i caught them they would bleed out of at least one orifice. Like bad dogs, they sometimes require physical discipline

Dont flick around other people's stuff, and we wouldnt even need this thread. I wanted to think that members of this forum wouldnt even need to be told such a thing, but the comments about 'abandoned property' make me wonder

this.

Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    well since it's illegal to tamper/remove legally placed traps I find this question silly at best.
    How is it any different with a legally placed trail camera? How is someone taking the time to secure a trail camera to a tree abandoning it? Remember you are on PUBLIC property. That means photos of you may be taken without your consent. Instead of avoiding or ignoring the camera you advocate destruction of personal property. If it is legal leave them alone, if not then simple report it to game commision. Simple as that.

It is obvious that you do not like trail camers. Given the amount of trail cameras that are sold each year you better get used to seeing them or stay on your own property. Not being mean but they are a very popular tool.

I have no reason to stray off of the farm but I do from time to time. I just act as tho I am a guest on someone elses property. It has worked good for me on both public land and other private property.

I guess I should add that I do not own a trail camera but I do realize that they are just another tool for us to use. With family and work I know I don't have as much time to spend in the woods as I would like. It seems the cameras would help make the most out of your limited time.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Regardless of the rights or wrongs of interfering with trail cameras owned by someone else, one thing is very plain to me.

Threatening physical violence to anyone, let alone actually USING physical violence against anyone, can be considered to be placing that person in fear of his life.

If the assaulted person assesses the risk in that manner, he is justified in resisting the assault, even to the degree of killing the assailant. Physical assaults, without actual weapons like knives or guns, kill huge numbers in this country every year, and therefore a person being assaulted is quite correct to consider the attack to be life-threatening.

If the person threatened is a hunter.... guess what he has in his possession?

The macho attitude of "I'm gonna knock him out/ leave him "leaking" on the ground" could easily leave the assailant DEAD.... and justifiably so, when we consider the number of people killed each year with hands and feet.

A game camera isn't worth anyone's life..... is it?
    Even when they are in the middle of breaking the law? They are messing with your stuff and are possing a threat to you. If they put the camera down and are politely waiting for the authorities to show up and you start beating them then, yea, they should be able to defend themselves. Chances are its not gonna go down that way and they are the agressor since they are the thief. Right? But if you catch him and grab him by the shirt and put him up against a tree he has no right to harm you.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by quack1 View Post
    I like to smile and wave as I walk past them.
    Friend of mine got a picture of three people mooning his camera. He said he was fortunate that they discovered it, "posed" for the picture but left his camera alone. He has had one disappear on him.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
    I have wanted to get dressed up in a gorilla suit and go by a camera late at night. It would be great to see the person who owns it expression.

My son have some hunting property with some very good neighbor that have a great sense of humor. One of the neighbor did just that with a gorilla suit. My son was up cutting the grass and knew that a game camera was located at the edge of the area he was cutting, so he stop cutting out of range of the camera , took off all of his clothes and continued to cut grass in his birthday suit. After a few rounds he stopped and put his clothes back on and continued with the cutting. Never heard what the outcome of that was. All the people that have adjacent property get along very good. Each has permission to hunt each other land. They do QDM and every one helps with food plots and other needed work
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    I don't use trail cameras, so I don't really care, but I find it interesting that the
    person who interjected privacy and abandonment into the conversation also said they aren't legal to use during hunting season in his state. That statement would seem to imply they are legal before and after. So there would be a big difference in how to deal with them depending on when they are spotted. You know what one does when confronted with an activity they don't approve of, but is legal? Nothing, that's what they do, otherwise they are the lawbreakers themselves.

There are no privacy expectations on public land: walk around naked in a state park campground if you don't believe me. And don't get me started on the satellites...
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    There are no privacy expectations on public land: walk around naked in a state park campground if you don't believe me. ...
    That was you laughing in Big Bone Lick? I thought it was dark enough that nobody could see me!!!!

KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Mold
    looks good...I'm gonna give it a try

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123