Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Is anyone PP the 32 wincheter special for a single shot rifle?

Is anyone PP the 32 wincheter special for a single shot rifle?

Would like to patch for a 32 win. special in a Martini Cadet. Any suggestions? Thinking of the Lee 120gr .311 bullet. I need to get a .321-323 finished bullet. Any load recommendations?

Boolit Man
    assuming this is a rechamber of the original 310 barrel? what is the rifling twist please? need to know before I get on because it could be too slow for good PP? so I've heard... thanks.

just realized I've read about the 310 barrel uses .324 bullets 8.2mm if that helps. might find a lee sizer in 8mm could work. just wondering.

see this link for bullet length vs rifling twist also... http://mountainmolds.com/helpGreenhill.htm
    Last edited by rdlange; 07-04-2014 at 01:56 PM.

From what I have read the barrel has 16 inch twist?
    Quote Originally Posted by rdlange View Post
    assuming this is a rechamber of the original 310 barrel? what is the rifling twist please? need to know before I get on because it could be too slow for good PP? so I've heard... thanks.

just realized I've read about the 310 barrel uses .324 bullets 8.2mm if that helps. might find a lee sizer in 8mm could work. just wondering.

see this link for bullet length vs rifling twist also... http://mountainmolds.com/helpGreenhill.htm

I don't have a Cadet but do have a Marlin 336 32 spl that I PP for. You want to start with a boolit that won't fall down the bore. In my case I use the SAECO #305, looks just like a #311041 but is .315" on the body and .303" on the nose. Patched to .325" to fit a fired case and loaded over a duplex load of 4.5gr. IMR4227 and the rest of WC860, it gives nearly factory 32 spl ballistics and shoots very accurately. No reloading dies used, I just keep shooting them without any need to resize the cases so the pressure must be very low. Just use enough 860 to make the boolit seat where you want it to be, so it won't fall back into the case.

-Nobade

Thank you, Nobade fot the help. Dont have any WC860 but I do have a pound of Old AA8700? I also have a old single cavity Lyman 311291 mould that drops a .313 bullet. What do you think? I also have the lee 155 gr bullet that people use for the SKS 7.62x39.

Depending on the size of the nose on the #311291, it may work OK. The Lee one should be very good, as long as it's big enough to engrave a bit as cast. The 8700 should work quite nicely as well. Let us know how it works for you!

-Nobade