RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Mineral oil...more than a laxative?

Statesville, North Carolina...too close to Charlotte

Wink Mineral oil...more than a laxative?

Has anyone done any work using mineral oil as an additive to lube recipes? I know it sure does lube up the old colon. Yes, experience speaking. You'll try anything that helps if you ever get a bad case of the 'roids!!!!
    "Ignorance is the parent of fear."-Herman Melville

Boolit Master
    Lead melter, since coming home from colon surgery last week, two of the things on my 'to-do' list from the surgeon are Metamucil twice daily and mineral oil before bed. Yeppers, it do lube things very well. It has helped make the healing process much easier, if you get my drift.

Looks like I will not need all that big bottle, so the rest will go in my lube making kit. I use it instead of baby oil as it is thicker. Either of those two oils, along with castor, make the base for FWFL.

I use it to lube my sharpening stones, I also mixed it 4-1 with pure silicone oil (when Brownells sold it), to wipe my guns down with(sparingly). It's just a super purified oil, that will mix with water to make "emulsified oil and water", used for dormant plant sprays, and machine tool coolant.
    Morgan

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    IIRC it is one of the ingredients in Felix Lube. I don't have any other explanation for having a bottle in my shop.

Dave

Boolit Bub
    I used it as a additive to reduce corrosion back when I was experimenting with water cooling my computer. Had the cooling system connected to a dehumidifier to take the water below room temperature. Worked well, but I managed to blow out two motherboards as I couldn't quite solve the condensation problem.

Boolit Grand Master
    Way back when I started casting, I worked with a guy that made his own boolit lube. He gave me his recipe, and I used it successfully for many years: 1 lb. beeswax, 1 pound parafin wax, 1 pint of mineral oil, and 1 ounce of Hoppes bore solvent.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore