RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to air out some dirty laundry,

Boolit Master

I want to air out some dirty laundry,

I have a girlfriend she lives in CA, I live in NV. She has a bothersome stalker ex boyfriend, he does just about all he can to get her attention. Today she filed a restraining order. Here is the kicker, today he threatened her that if she did file the restraining order that he would then call the sheriff on myself for having non CA compliant firearms.
    I do not have any non CA compliant rifles. But I dont want to have the sheriff come over to even check, and in calling the dispatch today,what do they tell me: if they find the guns to be CA compliant I have nothing to worry about. LOL. I have to prove they are legal yet this loser can just harass me through the sheriff whenever he wants? Well thats just great. I cant even protect myself legally UNTIL he calls the sheriff and even then I have a weak case. Since when did jerks like this get the benefit of the law over someone like me? I cant even remember my last traffic ticket, Ive never been arrested etc.

Boolit Master

If you live in Nevada what do you care what a California Sheriff Dept thinks? They aren't going to drive to Nevada to bother you. And I really think they aren't going to go to your girlfriends to check up on you just because this jerk calls them. Just make sure you REALLY don't have any illegal weapons here. It does suck, though, have to maybe prove your own innocence because of *******s.

Boolit Master
    I get it and I agree Springfield, I wanted to vent, and yes there are no illegal firearms at the house, I dont even know her ex boyfriend and could not point him out in a crowd or spell his last name, but he sure as hell can run this up the flag pole. Often times I drive to see her after I visit the range and there are times my non compliant AR is with me. This is not the case now and I will no longer bring it to the range that is near her house.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

First you don't have any Calif. non compliant firearms

I do not have any non CA compliant rifles.
    Then you say you do

visit the range and there are times my non compliant AR is with me.
    Which way is it? Can't have it both ways.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy

You live in Nevada. Your guns don't have to be CA compliant unless you bring them to CA. Just don't.
    I'd be more concerned why her ex-boyfriend knows who you are. Stay vigilant.

Boolit Master
    Which way is it? Can't have it both ways.
    Sorry if it was unclear, I do not have a non compliant firearm in CA it is currently in Nevada, I did however bring it to CA several times after a range visit, I will do so no longer. Again currently no non compliant firearms at her home in CA.

I am concerned he knows who I am. When she and I first got together he asked if we could all be friends and I said no, as he had already kicked in her door before(at 8pm, this was at a home she longer lives at or rents but he did do it) I met her and he had always sent her nasty texts and emails, today was the first time he mentioned doing something to me and that he knew I owned firearms.

You don't know him so maybe there is a chance that he is stalking you too? Might consider putting a restraing order agaist him yourself. I guess there is a chance he doesn't know just of you and what you like. My money is on that he knows you better than you would like.

Put the restraining order on and leave the noncompliant guns in NV.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

If he sends the police over to her house on a phoney charge like that, she can claim that is harassment, and a violation of the restraining order. It may not stick, but it would be nice to have it documented.

Boolit Master
    I agree Southpaw and I am going to file whatever I can

Love Life
    Sounds like you need to throw the dude a beat down. Just my opinion, and a far cry from what most opinions would be.

Boolit Buddy
    Like searcher said, leave the non compliant guns in NV. First problem solved.

I doubt the CA sheriff would go through the trouble to obtain a search warrant based on a tip from a spited ex boyfriend. Without a warrant, they would probably ask for your consent to examine the guns.

Boolit Master
    Love Life I cannot tell you how bad this guy is a candidate for that.
    Dude is total lowlife, pays no child support, owes alimony, multiple DUIs, great member of society.

Boolit Master
    Without a warrant, they would probably ask for your consent to examine the guns.
    should this happen, would you do so?

Boolit Master

Good luck people like that are not good to be around if she is worth it try to get her to move out of California to be safer from the NUT.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    should this happen, would you do so?
    NO!!!!!

Jerry Jr.

Boolit Master
    Haha me either Jerry!!! and thats what is scaring me, I say no warrant no entry, they say can I see your guns, I say no, hmmmmm Truckee is a small town.
    this sucks

Tell him that your lawyer advised you not to without a warrent. It would help if you know a lawyer too. Plus it would seem that if he called the sheriff after the restraining order was placed against him that it would be harrasment.

Jerry Jr.

Boolit Master
    I am in the process of hiring a local attorney.

Guess when he kicked her door in she should have eliminated the problem. If you somehow make it through the door with the wife home alone, I wouldn't want to be you.

If you file for a restraining order make sure you make note in it that he threatened to make bogus illegal firearms claims against you. That way if they show up to check your guns you will have grounds to have him arrested. I would have a real hard time not following love life's thoughts on your matter. That would however create more problems for you. He sounds like a poos poos, they like to learn lessons the hard way. Be careful.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Master
    that is what I said to her, good thing she did not know me when he kicked in that door,she really did not want him hurt, i said "maybe not kick in any doors that will get you shot" "oh no dont shoot him"hmm
    There is a reason I shoot 150 rounds per week w the 1911 (I know I know I need to shoot more hahahaaha)