Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
PBcastcoInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: 1 year anniversary of my Fathers death

Boolit Grand Master

1 year anniversary of my Fathers death

My father was a CastBoolits member (Garcia). He died unexpectedly today 1 year ago at the young age of 57. Since then I have learned to cast and have become good friends with a good friend of his Ralph (45 cal) who is also a member here. Ralph has taken me under his wing and taught me all I know (along with you guys here) about casting and everything that goes along with it. My father would be proud of me and his cast boolit family. Thank you everyone for welcoming me and helping me through this very difficult year and it's many ups and down along the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	105629

Here's dad out shooting with Ralph. That stainless redhawk is scoped and is in the venerable 45colt. He was likely shooting his 300+ grain ruger only loads judging by the fact he was wearing gloves. We were supposed to go shooting that Friday, but unfortunately God Almighty had other plans for him. I had just bought a stainless Bisley combo 45acp/45 colt that we were supposed to break in. Never had a chance. I since had to sell that one. I miss you dad. There was so much we were supposed to do and never had a chance. Gabriel is 8 months now and Grant will be due early September. Please watch over them and the rest of the family including those here. I love you dad.

Boolit Mold
    I sure miss him also,remember this pic well,I took it.
    Ralph

Banned

Sorry for your loss. They say time heals all wounds but i think it just dulls it.

Andy

Boolit Buddy
    Lost mine in 98. It gets easier as time goes on. Knowing that they are with their Savior helps more than anything. We remember with you. Prayer going up for you and your family.
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Moderator Emeritus

Lost my dad in 1999 at 82...still miss him....I think of him almost daily. I have often said that if you listen he is still there to help guide you through the hard decisions.....I pray that you will experience the same......Good job 45cal.....it is members like you that makes me truly enjoy my Cast Boolits family....osteodoc08 you are in my prayers!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Lost my dad in 1999 at 82...still miss him....I think of him almost daily. I have often said that if you listen he is still there to help guide you through the hard decisions.....I pray that you will experience the same......Good job 45cal.....it is members like you that makes me truly enjoy my Cast Boolits family....osteodoc08 you are in my prayers!
    It was my extreme pleasure to know this fine retired vet,we learned and shared many of life's experiences.
    One excellent shot with a pistol,we spent many hours on the wma rifle range shoot our handguns at a hundred yards and gathering a crowd and call our shots on water bottles.
    His son is listening to my instruction and doing quite nicely.

Boolit Buddy
    My Father past away Feb. 12 2019 at the age Of 89, He did 6 yrs. in Korea in the Airborne, He taught me how to shoot. Took me on my first Deer hunt. As time goes on you start to remember the littlest things they said and did. He is now with all of his friends and siblings.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I have lost my dad and my son,...both my best fishing and hunting partners.

But always keep the faith, that one great day, we shall all meet in the Glory of our Lord!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for the loss of your Dad at such a young age. It appears to me that God blessed him with a fine son and appears he raised him well. I lost mine about 11 years ago and still think of him every day.................Curdog

Boolit Buddy
    I am so sorry for your loss, my dad is 87 and his health is slowly failing. I try to spend as much time with him as I can.