Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your lead collection goal?

Boolit Mold
    Hah! My first post on this fine site - good day to you gentlemen. I have read often here about some users and their massive stores of the Pb. I had about 500# (as you fellahs in the US state it ) = 250kilos here in Australia. Last Friday a mate called me over to his father-in-laws place who passed on last year- he gave me the whole collection of lead- totaled 260kgs which is about your 500# or thereabouts. I've been singin' ever since. So I reckon I've passed the 1000# mark. My scrap merchant is expecting about 10 tonnes of lead from a sail boat soon - coo-ey- now THAT would make a good stash.

I'm sitting on around 9K pounds right now, and wouldn't turn down another bucket full.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

No target. The two Gary's probably summed it up nicely between them. I'll just keep collecting whenever I can (range scrap/ww's/pure), and sell trade the range scrap when I can for pure.

Can't seem to help myself..........

Boolit Master

Everything, all the time.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    My father once told me to "buy things when the price is right, not necessarily when you need them".

Boolit Master

I started casting less than a year ago and have less than 400 pounds on hand at the moment.

I think I could get by the rest of my life with 1000#. I do intend to recycle on my own range, though.

Boolit Master

To much is never enough.......................
    Denny

Boolit Master

700# should do it as I only shout 50 rounds twice a month give or take. I have 3 guns but only shoot one at a time and rotate which one I take to the range.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

I turned 48 this year and only started casting last summer. So far I have aprox 700lbs total of soww/coww/range scrap. I cast for a couple friends and they help me scrounge in return. One young fella seems to take an interest in casting so we kinda learn together. I think if we gather a few tons of lead that'll keep us for awhile anyways.
    I'm the gun totin, meat eatin', BIBLE readin', redneck conservative your mother always warned you about.

" Holes kill stuff. "

Boolit Grand Master

I don't have a goal. Truthfully, I'm probably at that lifetime supply, but I'll keep looking. I have a good selection of pure, coww, isotope lead, and lino/mono/foundry type.

I'm not paying rent on the storage space and its not going to get any easier to find, so I'll still keep looking! I'm looking at retirement in a few years and hopefully will have more range time. Lightman

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by finstr View Post
    I turned 48 this year and only started casting last summer.
    I too turned 48 this year and started casting last summer. I have amassed a bit over 1,000 lbs so far (all of it free stuff). I'm surprised how quickly my pile has grown.

Boolit Buddy
    I probably have more than I will ever use, 2000# + and for the most part I shoot into a berm in the backyard.

But today while walking I spotted a wheel weight and it turned out to be lead and I was so thankful to find it.

tg32-20

Boolit Buddy
    Back when WW's were free I got a lot I mean A LOT !

I have bought ingots from here just to help out a fellow

I have a lifetime supply of ingots and buckets of sorted raw wheel weights..

but I cant help myself and still collect any lead I find.. I'm addicted to lead scrounging

Boolit Buddy

I will never have to much lead. I have over 1000lbs at a time and i always feel low on supply.

i keep all my lead in a 1000round count 7.62 box. it only holds maybe 200lbs max. so 200lbs at a time till i need more.
    my feedback. ive done a few more but never get feedback.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=beex215

Boolit Master
    My scrounge radar is on full alert but it is scarce in my part of the world, my tire shop wanted 100.00 minimum for a bucket of unsorted WW, he said he was selling to people in CA. They used to be 45.00 and were pretty good you could get 150lbs per bucket. Problem I have is I have not had the "score" happen, have had a few minor ones, but not like the ones you read on here ie: 500lbs of Lino ingots for 500! etc or a free sail boat.
    I will just keep looking.

Boolit Master

A single Sagan Unit should do me - Billllions upon Billllions of ingots...
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy
    Bigslug, I like the way you think.

Boolit Buddy
    And, how about finding a Sagan Unit of primers, and sharing it?

A little bullseye and 2400 wouldn't hurt either.

Boolit Mold
    I just started collecting, so my pile is small, maybe 140# soft lead and 30# WW. I am happy to say that i scored some soft lead for "free", i found some scrap brass in the dumpster and traded a local scrap yard for some soft lead. So now i have my new source and my goal of 2000# will be forthcoming.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast