Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is your lead collection goal?

Boolit Grand Master

As a collection, I have way too much. As boolit material inventory I will never have an adequate supply.

All Of It
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

100x what I already have!

More!

I figure I have about 750 lbs , I mostly shoot rifle so that is enough that I won't pay much to get more, definitly grab it for free or my last deal which was about $0.20 a lbs for clean ingots

Boolit Mold
    I have a 7000# sailboat keel attached to my sailboat ... mostly made up of wheel weights and linotype. I am afraid if I remove it, the boat may develop a stability problem.

Boolit Master

I must confess that I do not know how much lead I currently have in weight. However the pile in my garage is 3 feet wide, 2 feet deep and 4 feet high in ingots that I have smelted. Not much air space in that pile. I also have another 360 lbs of ingots and range scrap which I have yet to smelt.

At 71 my trips to range have decreased somewhat and I no longer run around scrounging lead anymore. COPD has really taken the wind out of my sails and my mobility has suffered a lot. I look for the electric shopping carts wherever I go and I suppose there is an electric scooter in my future down the road soon.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Corrigan View Post
    I must confess that I do not know how much lead I currently have in weight. However the pile in my garage is 3 feet wide, 2 feet deep and 4 feet high in ingots that I have smelted. Not much air space in that pile. I also have another 360 lbs of ingots and range scrap which I have yet to smelt.

At 71 my trips to range have decreased somewhat and I no longer run around scrounging lead anymore. COPD has really taken the wind out of my sails and my mobility has suffered a lot. I look for the electric shopping carts wherever I go and I suppose there is an electric scooter in my future down the road soon.
    I can relate to the COPD thing and looking for the go carts at the store. But have to admit that most days I can walk it and others not so much. At the range rifle is keep at 25 yards and pistol at 25 foot. And that is why I'm interested in cat sneeze loads.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

At the moment, I have +/- 1 1/2 Tons of metal evenly split between WW and salvage pure. I suspect the WW will run at least 20% zink but I will see if I can't find a use for them. I doubt I will live long enough to shoot all of this up but I know someone who will benefit from it when I am dead. Might still buy some more too.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

More than I'll ever need/use. I have hundreds of lbs. to smelt yet, and ingots by the thousands.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Buddy

I guess my goal would be to have enough collected so my boy and his buddies have enough lead to cast boolits their whole life. thats quite a bit.

this isnt related to the thread but i remember one time looking at used tires behind a goodyear store. I was sifting through the tires looking for a decent set for my old van.(sometimes there was some nice ones) [they dont pile them up anymore, they sell them] anyway, there sat a whole 55 gallon drum of WW's. apparently they didnt worry too much about them getting stolen. I didnt even take a second look at them!!

Boolit Master
    How often you move dictates this for you.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Suo Gan View Post
    You've sure got that right. I lived at the same place for 48 years, and now I wonder where all that stuff came from. I only moved enough lead to keep shooting, and retired the same year. I found it easier to hunt more lead than to carry it, out of a basement to the truck, and down the steps at the new place.(2 blocks away.
    I moved into my parents home, and it had their lifetime collection of, too good to throw away, but not good enough to use. That meant no room for mine of the same caliber.
    Why do we hold on to so much STUFF ??

Boolit Bub
    I've just started scrounging and I take the attitude that I have on a great many things......over kill is a highly underrated concept. I'll stop hunting lead when there is no more lead to be found, and then I'll smelt my copper and brass supply and turn down my boolits. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Suo Gan View Post
    Boy isn't that the truth!
    I was collecting wheel weights for ten years in 5 gallon buckets. i was lucky to put them in my girlfriend's basement in the house she rented. A friend sold his tire shop and told me the closing was Friday at 4. I could take all the wheel weights I could take. 2 days of trips back and forth, bloody fingers, etc. but it was all worth it! i still get a bucket or two a year from the garage where I now get my car repaired. I swap him 38 special reloads for it.
    My girlfriend's house came for sale (private sale) and we bought it! I easily had well over 2000 lbs of wheel weights (maybe closer to 2500 lbs) and I could not even consider moving it. So we bought the house. That is kind of true.......I did not want to think about that butt busting work to move it.....to where? ....so we bought the house.
    I shoot machine guns so I can go through a fair amount of lead. Last manic reloading session I did 5000 124 gr 9mm's. 380, 9mm and 45 submachineguns eat up a lot of lead. But I think I am all set for the rest of my life. ....but always looking for more wheel weights!
    So the answer? Never enough...............
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned
    My goal was 100 pounds by the end of the year....I am at a little over 600 lbs at the moment

Boolit Buddy
    I never had a goal but now it is addicting. I just picked up 700 lbs in the last week which puts me at about 1700 lbs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345