RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your lead collection goal?

Boolit Buddy

What is your lead collection goal?

I know many will hoard until they are room temperature. But if you have a point of critical mass, what is it?

Now I'm a small timer compared to many. But my goal is to have enough lead to fire 50 rounds (averaging 158 gr) once a week for 30 years. If my math is right that is about 1760 lbs. Although, if/when I get there, I'm sure I'll want to round up to an even ton (just to be manly).

Banned

a long term goal like that is how you need to approach all your reloading uses. [purchases]
    50 rds a week is a bit light though. [some days I go through more than that myself and I average 2 times a week]
    I based my needs on a 200 gr average boolit weight and for only a 25 year period..

Boolit Master
    1000lbs is my cut off, I think?? haha 2000 may work just fine too

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    What is your lead collection goal?
    I'm pretty much there.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

1Lb more than the amount i ever have at any given time.
    Using Tapatalk

I don't believe in setting limitations. but 1000lbs would do nicely. I have my on berm so I recycle.

I have been casting for only one year. But I am collecting more than I shoot. I would say I have enough when the buckets of ingots start creeping into the wifes side of the garage. Lol!

I started casting over a year ago. THEN, I hoped to get to 1,000 pounds. I now am thinking I want over 2,000. I have also aquired some steel plates that I plan to use in a boolit catcher. I have had a lot of fun scrounging for lead. It was frustrating at first, but I've enjoyed the process.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    Lets see, I'm 64 years old, I shoot 1# per in the ole punter. That's about 5 trys to tune up in September and about 2 shots a week util the flight is over in april so say 60 shots a season. that is 65# a year, I have 32C of alloy and soft on hand so that is enough to las me util the laird calls me. I still get all I can whenever I'm at the scrap yard tradin Al and Cu and Fe in. Well I do shoot bout 200 shots a year out of the ML and that is another 10/12# of alloy used. I'm gaining on the stock on hand so I've gotta live a long time! The gran kids love the fire and thunder of the big gun. They may be able to put a dent into the stock of alloy if I build a couple more punters and couple of batteries. Life is fun! 10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Perma-Banned

I am nearing 55yrs old and I only have 1500lbs...hope to have 2000lbs by the end of the year.

If I can use the 357 a little more, it should get me through a normal lifespan...if I can just make it THAT long.

Boolit Bub
    Well I am 70 years old and don't see as well when I was shooting at least once a week. I have about 600 lbs. on hand and continue to gather as I can find locally.

So, my guess is I have closes to enough with a little coming in every once in in awhile. But, understand I will not stop looking. I cast my first bollits in 1963.

Roy

I have a goal - Enough stock on hand of the appropriate alloy to make 1000 lbs. of 94/3/3 which I figure will be enough. Not that I'm going to walk away from any good deals due to mistaking a goal for a limit.

Right now I'm right at the 1000 lb. mark just not the right balance. Need approx. 75 lbs. of linotype and about another 125 lbs. of plain to have 1k worth of 94/3/3 but one never knows what deal awaits to temp the frugal.... If I find such a deal then I'll adjust goal. God save my marriage if someone gave me 500 lbs. of plain! But am slowing down sort of now that I actually have a goal and am getting close.

I suppose if I started casting and shooting semi-auto that would be a whole new ball game but wheel guns and bolt action don't eat the ammo quite as fast.

Boolit Buddy
    When I see lead lying around, I grab it. It will soon be in the back of somebody's pickup, might as well be mine.

Banned
    I hope to live long enough to use my COWW stash (+.- 4,500lbs or so), still need soft lead however as I mostly shoot 50/50WW/PURE either AC'ed or WD'ed depending on application. I have my own berms made of nice siftable sand if I happen to outlive my supply, all I will have to do is apply some 2-4-D to the quackgrass holding the berms in place and seive away.

Life is grand

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Enough to cause a disturbance to the Earths gravitational force,,,,,,,,,but more than I have now will be fine and dandy,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Too much is NEVER enough!

Boolit Master

It's kinda like money. It don't matter how much you have you always want more.

Galena Guru

I don't have a 'limit' , right now I have a couple hundred of WW , about fifty of lino and about 50 of Babbitt .. Always looking , I found one WW today in a parking lot and it jumped in my jeans ..

I used to shoot here , but the dawgs and wife don't like it , I dig thru the berms at the ranges when no one is there ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

i have @ 2000 lbs and lino and tin is extra , im set for life too buisy to shoot much , and im 60 years old ,,, should be enough , but ill pick up any i find and buy any that is cheap enuff
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

I've only been casting for a few months, so a lot more than I have now, and a lot more than I can afford. So, I best get to scroungin'.
    Proud member: NRA, WVCDL
    Montani Semper Liberi

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast