RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: PC and a Star Sizer

Boolit Master

PC and a Star Sizer

I use a star sizer on my PC boolits( without lubing) and usually just leave a bullet in the sizing die when finished. Today I wanted to use the press again. The PC boolit is the die was stuck tight. I eventually used oil to soak around the boolit and got it out. I put more pressure on the handle than I wanted to. From now on I will punch the last PC boolit out of the die and leave it empty. Just a heads up.

I punch out the last boolit sized anyway so I can use the die extraction tool to remove the die. I've stuck boolits too. I either use a smaller diameter boolit as a punch or a short piece of brass to push out the stuck boolit against a stack of washers in a bench vice.

Boolit Buddy
    I learned this the hard way too. I always leave a lead bullet in the die but when I left a 40 cal PC coated one that mother was totally stuck. Finally got it out after heating it up and beating on it but never again.

Boolit Master

Just don’t use Kroil as a lube on a boolit going through a sizer. I love Kroil but it’s a penetrant; not much of a lubricant.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris