RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Payson AZ - July 12th - meetup be there or be square

Payson AZ - July 12th - meetup be there or be square

Yes, in the heat of summer you too can enjoy the cool of the Rim country
    - We'll be shooting at the Jim Jones Range
    (weather permitting - if you know an anti-rain dance feel free to use it)

We can either shoot then eat or eat then shoot - State your preference in your reply

Bring your shooting irons and lets have a good time.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Great idea, Art, but I'm recovering from a nasty staph infection. Should be through with therapy by then, and maybe in shape to shoot - hope so!

Ed
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

You do know that they key to a rain dance is timing, right?
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Rain dance is in the key of Z flat.

Eating is a must! Breakfast is good! Lunch is good!

If B'fast, w need to leave the valley perrrty early. I am up for either.

Like I said in the other thread, I can drive from the Bass Pro Shop lot. Can hold 3 + me.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like a plan to me. Will be an overnighter and we've old friends in Sedona the wife wants to visit. Should be fun. Got it on the calendar/schedule.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Sounds like a plan to me. Will be an overnighter and we've old friends in Sedona the wife wants to visit. Should be fun. Got it on the calendar/schedule.

Larry Gibson
    Bring some of the "voodoo spaceman chrystals" from Sedona. We just might need 'em for targeting accuracy!

banger

Breakfast, then Shoot

Putting the date on the Calendar.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

In Remembrance
    Figure I'll give this 1 my best effort to attend. The results are contingent on order status of course. I guess this means I'll have to brush up on my shooting skills, it's been a couple of years, same goes for casting....Matt
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Buddy

moving to Payson this summer. I was told to drop in and say high. Comming from Occupied territory, I cant wait to break free from the land of high taxes!! My wife technically has to be moved into the great state of AZ by July 1. If I'm out
    there I hope I can make the meet. I've been living from epidural to epidural. It's not a typical epidria. Compounded with intent to temprairly get scar tissue that's wrapped around my nerves from a duty iniury to ease up for a few weeks to months. So its bascially extra bad health wise. I'm well beyond what I should get each year. I finally got a great pain mang doc. I had a hack of a doc for few years and he caused some issues Ive got to live with. So looks like right before me move I'll literally be having two surgical procedures. I will stand out like a sore thumb. Middle aged man doing the rusty robot walk who can't bend at all. Oh well, only be like that for a bit until I'm heald up. Then the unpacking will begin, uggg.

Okay who's gonna have the castboolits banner so I can find y'all? Think I'll be the only one headed south.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Grand Master

I'll put it on the calender. Might bring the motorhome up and spend some time out of the heat.
    Been baking boolits coated with Hi-Tek this weekend. Did not get an early enough start Sat. and it got to be no fun.

Dhammer, I hope you can make it - good luck with your procedures in any case.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsnscrews View Post
    Breakfast, then Shoot

Putting the date on the Calendar.
    Good idea if we can find some willing table dancers to do the rain dance and keep us entertained for breakfast. Might be problematic though when we stuff cast boolits instead of dollar bills in their bikini.

Kidding aside, I'll be there unless Dr says more chemo. So far so good. So I'll do my best to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by leadman View Post
    I'll put it on the calender. Might bring the motorhome up and spend some time out of the heat.
    Been baking boolits coated with Hi-Tek this weekend. Did not get an early enough start Sat. and it got to be no fun.
    Sure pick the first of the triple digit days to do that - I hear it supposed to cool down starting Tuesday
    je suis charlie

It was nice and cool today.

I am hoping I can get the lug milled/filed on my G2 barrel to fit my G1 TC frame so it will actually shoot.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Boolit Buddy
    I might actually be home by then. I have been gone since the 7th of Feb. I will try to work it out to be back at that time.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Buddy

More than likely I'll be there for a 22 LR silhouette shoot that morning. We should be done around noon and I'll mosey over to the gathering.

Have Fun

JCherry

Boolit Buddy

Were closing around same time so all depends on how close goes for us.

A friend of mine from Payson suggested either Tiny's or the beeline cafe for good breakfast.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Buddy

We at at Jourghans twice this week. The food was good. My kids really loved it, if they had their way we would have eaten their twice a day all week.. The owners husband was extremely helpful and spent a lot of time offering advice about AZ hunting for me and about Payson in general for my wife. They've got big tables too in the restaurant (not sure about breakfast but guessing not) . Buffalo Bar and grill? On 86 maybe a 1/4 mile before 260 had good food and service too. We were told tiny's had good food as well. We were staying pretty close to them actually. It was jam packed every time we drove by so we didn't stop since we were usally in a hurry. I'd call ahead for them. I dont think we evwr saw their parking lot not packed. We were told the busy season in general for the weekend and Payson or people heading onto Pine is starting now that its warming up as an FYI.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast