Load DataInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reloads for Glock

reloads for Glock

Ive just healed up from foot surgery and am ready to load for my glock 30 which has a new KKM precision barrel in it.
    Ive had great success loading for my SF loaded 1911 using 200gr SWC with Accurite # 2, 4.6 grains, Some one here mentioned trying round nose in stead of swc. Im also out of AA#2 and dont expect to get more any time soon, but I do have Red Dot . Im hoping some one has a glock/KKM setup and would suggest bullet type COL etc etc. I have both swc and rn bolits 200gr. So looking for a starting point. thanks
    "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Einstien

Boolit Master
    My G30SF does perfect with Lyman 452374 (230gr RN). It does fine with the Lyman 452630 (200 gr SWC) about 99.9% of the time. I load the SWC's to an OAL of 1.245 to get a little shoulder above the rim...I think that helps. I shoot both boolits over Promo/Red Dot 4.5 gr. Let your weapon tell you what it likes.

Boolit Master
    I just use a 230gr rn boolit over 6.8 of the corn flakes of the powder world, unique. will tear the centers outa those targets all day. I do have a bunch of 200 grain swc bullets from the long defunct hustler bullet co that I've been wanting to load up.

Love Life
    I like a 230 gr RN over 5 gr of red dot.

Boolit Master
    200 gr swc over 4.2 gr of wst. Accurate in G21sf.

Ok that helps. Id like swc in both the 1911 and g30 but that would be to easy. Ive loaded about 50 200gr rn with 4.6 gr of reddot, same powder measure setting as for AA#2 with the swc. Diff is the rn is shorter at 1.240. Ive been running the swc at 1.255. I wont get to the range until next week now ,but will post my results here. gonna try both guns with both bullits. tanks

my glock really does like the shorter 1.225 col. no FTF at that length with the 200gr lrnfp from MBC.

SF ? What's it mean?

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KYCaster View Post
    SF ? What's it mean?

Jerry
    Short frame. Some of the new large framed Glocks (20, 21, 30, maybe 29) have slightly smaller grip frames but use the same magazines. It's not a huge difference but it does make them a bit easier to grip for those of us with small hands.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Ive been fighting col on my glock 30 all summer it has a kkm precision barrel,.452 Ive been all over the place,at first I tried 1.255 which is what my 1911 shoots all day long and I tried 1.225 and and got 10 FTF out of 100. and lately went down to 1.219 and had problems with the mag not feeding. Is it your experiences that a small col adjustment is better than a larger one? Ive also switched from 200gr swc to MB rnfp 200gr. Need help !!! I just cant get consistency with reloads so far .

Love Life
    Put the factory barrel back in and see if your reloads work in it.

The old barrel shoots factory loads just fine but has similar FTF problem with the after market barrel . Im reloading a col of 1.242 today,these have minimum fc with a size at the mouth of .467-8 My powder measure this time is 5.2 Accurite #2 so a little more oomph over the 4.6 gr previously. Ill shoot and report back.

Banned

Does the factory barrel shoot your reloads OK?

Boolit Grand Master

Don't do it. You'll blow up the gun, you and your entire town. I heard isis is using castboolits and glocks as ied's!
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Vendor Sponsor

If you are using .452" in a KKM barrel, it may need throating so you can set COA as long as you want to. This is a KKM barrel I did for a guy who wanted to seat out long and load .45 Super.

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

doug please explain, exactly what will the throating accomplish on my KKM glock barrell?

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by edadmartin View Post
    The old barrel shoots factory loads just fine but has similar FTF problem with the after market barrel . Im reloading a col of 1.242 today,these have minimum fc with a size at the mouth of .467-8 My powder measure this time is 5.2 Accurite #2 so a little more oomph over the 4.6 gr previously. Ill shoot and report back.

Sir,

I don't understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that you have the same FTF issues in your factory barrel that you are having in your KKM aftermarket barrel shooting your reloads?

LOVE LIFE, Ok let me clarify, I shot only factory rounds with the stock barrel and it was flawless. I wanted to do reloads so I started with the same load as for my 1911. 4.6gr AA#2 MB .452 200gr lswc, col was 1.255, plunk tested perfect, shot thru the KKM barrel and started getting FTF. Id have to slam the mag or the slide to get it to fire,maybe twice per mag.. But the KKM shot factory 230 rn with out issue. So I started shortening the col, and went to a MB lrnfp per some online info. Ive tried a few cols with varied results, and thats where Im at . sorry for being confusing.Im finally going to the range tomorrow and will report back.

Boolit Buddy
    Have you tried to plunk test any of the rounds that FTF'd. One of the issues I ran into with a Lone Wolf bbl was case wall thickness on mixed lot brass. I was right at the edge of the boolit being too big and some brass would jam.

Banned

Post up a picture like the one above. You may need to run a throating reamer into the chamber to finish the throat. The picture above is not the best looking for shooting cast but it helps us to see what is going on to help you figure out what is going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast