RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Rec a flat black please

Boolit Bub

Rec a flat black please

Can someone please recommend a flat black powdercoat that is not abrasive? I was looking at this one:

https://www.powderbuythepound.com/BL...N_-FLAT_BLACK/

Thanks!

Boolit Bub
    Interested also.

I still don't think there is any hard evidence that Harbor Freight black is abrasive. I use it all the time and it does a great job.
    Proud member: NRA, WVCDL
    Montani Semper Liberi

Boolit Buddy
    I started with HF black and have shot 3 - 4 K from a stock Glock 19 ... No problem with wear that I can see. I have changed to other colors to have some new flavors. My latest purchase was 5 one lb. packs from !-Bay @ $6 lb. and they all worked well using an ES gun.

Boolit Man
    Are you planning on doing ESPC or DTPC? If you are doing dry tumble you might be better off with a gloss color. Most people are reporting that darker and gloss colors tend to coat better than lighter and matte colors. My experience hasn't been any different with my PBTP Green coating thick and smooth first try compared to my All Powders Pink which is thinner and textured and is apparently having problems with scraping off the driving bands when sizing.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rushthezeppelin View Post
    are you planning on doing espc or dtpc? If you are doing dry tumble you might be better off with a gloss color. Most people are reporting that darker and gloss colors tend to coat better than lighter and matte colors. My experience hasn't been any different with my pbtp green coating thick and smooth first try compared to my all powders pink which is thinner and textured and is apparently having problems with scraping off the driving bands when sizing.
    hf es

Boolit Man
    Well shoot if your doing ESPC then you shouldn't have any of the aforementioned problems. I'd imagine All Powders has a flat black, probably going to be your cheapest option barring HF flat black which I can understand if you want to shy away from it. Would be a good idea though to confirm with All Powders that it does not contain titanium dioxide or some other potential abrasive.