Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A.C.E/BadgerEdd 44-240-WFN from the Rapid Group Buy

Banned

A.C.E/BadgerEdd 44-240-WFN from the Rapid Group Buy

Had a mostly calm afternoon today so I took the Ruger 44Carbine outback and shot some groups and some steel using this most exccelent design by BadgerEdd and nicely cut by Josh at A.C.E.

Load was:
    A.C.E 44-240-WFN made of waterdropped 50/50 COWW/Lead Pipe weighing 250.4 grains ready to fly.
    2X fired WIN 44mag brass
    23.3 Grains of H110
    Fed GM155M sparkplug
    MML+5% Ivory was the boolit lube used today.
    I am guessing the speed to be 1850-1900 fps out of my old style Ruger 44 carbine.

The picture shows two -5 shot and 2- 10 shot groups shot at 100 yards. The upper left group was shot after I brought the gun in and took a little spring pressure off from the trigger return springs, I need to lighten them a bit more as it really seemed to help take some of "ME" out of the equation. I was able to keep about 95% of the shots on a 5x5 steel plate at 250 yards when I got tired of poking holes in paper. My 4x4 plate at 100 yards was never missed and was zero challenge. All in all an excellent afternoon spent in the back yard. THANK YOU EDD AN JOSH.....MUCH APPRECIATE ALL THAT WAS DONE FOR THE MEMBERS HERE THAT GOT IN ON THIS BUY. THANK YOU

Boolit Buddy

Having seen you shoot Mike, I think there's a whole lot of YOU in it shooting nice tight groups. I gotta start practicing more...

I also need to see if I bought .44 dies yet, and what safe place I stashed them in. I'm usually MUCH better at hiding things than finding them.

One of these years I'll find me one of those ruger carbines, always thought they were pretty neat.

Randy

Vendor Sponsor

Poor ol' hog wouldn't stand a chance against gun or shooter!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned
    Randy

My Mom has piled up quite a few deer with her 44carbine, so I had a pretty good place to start in the data department thanks to Dad's reloading logs for them heathen bullets. This trigger is better now, tore it down and lightened it some more after the original post. When one gets used to good triggers the stiff ones make good groups a bit tougher. Good luck on the die search, things can hide pretty good sometimes.

Dougguy
    Not much of a pig hunter (we do not have many of them despite what the DNR claims), but if I ever go after them this 44MAG would be one of my top choices after today's playin. Mr whitetail will have to pose for a testing dummy sometime this fall I think.

HONCHO EMERITUS

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I hope it shoots that well out of my Marlin 1894ss.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch4122 View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

It likely will. Especially when your face is no longer beet red and you quit pounding the bench top.
    Good shooting Mike. Do you plan to try out 300 M-P as well? Might be a good fit.

Banned
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

I can see no reason why it shouldn't, seeing's how you bought the bigger diameter...fit it and enjoy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BABore View Post
    It likely will. Especially when your face is no longer beet red and you quit pounding the bench top.
    Good shooting Mike. Do you plan to try out 300 M-P as well? Might be a good fit.
    1. That instance left an impression on your brain about like a 4ton phonagraph needle didn't it?

2. MP300 will get tried, eventually. I want to be on top of chronagraph when I work that powder however. My Dad tried it in my Mom's 44carbine and thought it ejected the brass a bit too violently. He could not tell me whether it was due to EXTRA FPS or if it was merely more port pressure...he never chronied it and abandoned the test. Time will tell.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Are you sure it was the problems I was having with the rifle/scope mount; or was it the guy yelling disparaging remarks from the cheap seats loud enough for Edd's neighbors to hear over the gunfire?
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Banned
    I have a solution for all that witnessed/enjoyed/provoked the little "episode" in question. Seeing as how Bruce really enjoyed the show so much he should pay a little bit for the "show". I am in for a bit too, as I reluctantly admit it was a little bit funny, once my confusion broke and I realized what the aitch was goin on. Heck if all that were present would pony up a few bucks each...we could buy Matt an inch pound tourque wrench and a few sandbags so that said incident never happens again. Well at least not for the same reasons.

Boolit Buddy

Was I there for this incident, or was that on Sunday?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MostlyOnThePaper View Post

You must have missed it Randy, it's one of them hard to forget -mushroom cloud type things.

HONCHO EMERITUS

I think you were inside setting up to load a batch for your .32-40 breech seating Ruger #1.

Definitely not one of my shining moments.
    -Matt

Boolit Buddy

I'll have to get the story when I see you, sounds like a good one.

I'll have to get the story when I see you, sounds like a good one.
    Just bring along your tool kit and a few extra long scope mount screws. You can do a little work on Matt's gun while I hide all the sand bags except for the one's Mike's using. We'll break out the peanuts and watch the rerun of the show.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Just bring along your tool kit and a few extra long scope mount screws. You can do a little work on Matt's gun while I hide all the sand bags except for the one's Mike's using. We'll break out the peanuts and watch the rerun of the show.
    I wasn't gonna go there with the "peanut gallery" remarks, but since you opened the door........................

Those were really good, by the way.
    -Matt

HONCHO EMERITUS

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    ...we could buy Matt an inch pound tourque wrench............................................ ..............
    That sounds like a great idea.............& I'll show you both a new use for one you've never seen!

Leave it alone before things get too far out of hand is spelled with a red...................
    -Matt

Boolit Buddy

Is all this baggage from the handi-rifle? I think I remember it having an issue.

Banned
    I think you were inside setting up to load a batch for your .32-40 breech seating Ruger #1.

Definitely not one of my shining moments.

Matt

Anyone who has never had such a thing happen to them is simply not HUMAN. I would bet you a five gallon bucket full of loob grooves that I have done it far more often than you. I just generally tend to go off alone and kick a tree, throw a wrench or something, where fellas with sick and twisted senses of humor cannot see me. That was your only mistake.

...promising out loud to letting it rest is spelled with a GREEN

In Remembrance

....and to think that my eye surgery kept me from attending that shoot session??? Story of my life I guess..hearing about what I missed. Don`t worry Matt, I still like you!Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast