RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 24V .357 Mag/20 ga.

Boolit Master

Yes indeed the Valmets are a great gun, as were the Sav2400. Maybe you could tell the difference but I couldn't. Solid ,nicely finished, great shooter. The only option that would have made a difference had they both been offered at the same time was that the Sav did not have a set of stack shotgun bbls to go with.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Mold

Talking need parts for savage model 2400

hi ya all,
    i was just reading this page on combo guns, i have a savage 2400 which was my mainstay for years in alaska in 12x.308 .the parts i need are the safety plunger spring ,this spring contacts the rear of the action opening lever rod and pushes the safety back when the action is opened. also might be looking for annother set of 12x.308 barrels . any help would be appreciated.
    thanx smitty

The new Savages are expensive goat stakes but the old are nice. The first gun I ever hunted with was a .357/20 Ga. I can't tell you much about how well it shot because it was borrowed and also because I was just a dumb kid.

I had two .22LR/.410s at diferent times. One had a hidden repair to the tang (braised) and had to be turned into a parts gun. Both shot very well. These earlier ones had both barrels attached for their whole length and the result was fantastic accuracy with the rifle barrel. I shot gazillions of squirrels with them and an occasional partridge. The .410 would knock them out of the tops of the oak trees even when I couldn't see them well and a quick swing with the .22 would clean them up when they landed.

I have always wanted one in .30-30/any ga. but the right one hasn't shown itself.

Boolit Master

My Savage .22/20 and my "Happy Place" picture

Here is my new little .22 LR/20ga. on it's first trip out to the range. My daughter took the picture.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sourdoughsmitty View Post
    hi ya all,
    i was just reading this page on combo guns, i have a savage 2400 which was my mainstay for years in alaska in 12x.308 .the parts i need are the safety plunger spring ,this spring contacts the rear of the action opening lever rod and pushes the safety back when the action is opened. also might be looking for annother set of 12x.308 barrels . any help would be appreciated.
    thanx smitty
    PM sent
    Just because change doesn't make a difference doesn't mean that change is bad.

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    Quote Originally Posted by BustemAgain View Post
    I recently came across a Savage 24V in .357 Mag/ 20 ga. Has anybody had any experience with this combination. I have always heard good things about the Savage 24 but always from people with .22mag .222,.223 or 30-30 rifled barrels. I have a fondness for small game hunting with small center fires and I fancy this rifle/shotgun combo something terrible. It is like new with scope mount included. Shotgun is choked improved modified and the .357 Magnum barrel slugs at .3598in. The rifle barrels dimensions are the only thing holding me back. I really don't want another project requiring custom molds but could easily be talked in to such a thing. I know these things are aesthetically challenged but handsome is as handsome does. Any info or experiences with such a thing would be greatly appreciated.

BustemAgain
    Oh man... oh my... I wish you hadn't told me about that...

I think my wife will have to take out a contract on you now... you ave activated my "obsession" circuits...
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?