RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Powder coating Bullet MOLDS! CHEAP!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Walla View Post
    I have to say this doesn't surprise me. The website doesn't work and it looks like he's already out of business. I happened to witness the thread in the swaging section (before it got deleted) where he went off on the other members that were questioning his claims that powder coated cast boolits were as good as jacketed bullets. It was really quite a spectacle, and I saw that he was banned right after it. It looks like the ban may have been lifted, but things don't look quite right to me as far as trying to do business with this person if the website starts working again.
    His integrity is questionable enough that I will not do business with him now.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    His integrity is questionable enough that I will not do business with him now.

It's funny, I didn't note the date on this thread and started reading it as if it was started today.

I clicked on his website link and the first thing I noticed:

Powder coated bullets actually shoot faster than either jacketed or lubed bullets with the same powder weights, so they are actually more slippery. There is NO leading. People have also reported better groups than lubed bullets, so there is a potential for better accuracy.

The advantages of powder coated bullets are

• Limitless colors available, easily identify loads by their color (ie hot loads are red)
    • Easier and faster to produce, and less costly than swaging
    • No lubing required, no gummed up loading dies, and no streaking
    • Bullets store indefinitely without oxidizing
    • Shoot softer cast bullets at jacketed velocities without leading
    Several of those things are either questionable or outright demonstrably false.

I don't know whether he's making false claims out of ignorance or if he's just trying to hype a product, but either way, he'd never get my money.

Boolit Master
    I would guess that one of the established mold makers could make a batch of smooth sided versions of a common caliber?

Three44s

Boolit Master
    Many have already done so.

I started a business making Powder Coated Bullets. My website is https://powdercoatbullets.com, It is still under construction but it has a lot of information. My bullets are totally encased with powder coat so no worries about leading. Please let me know what you all think.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah.allen1 View Post
    I started a business making Powder Coated Bullets. My website is https://powdercoatbullets.com, It is still under construction but it has a lot of information. My bullets are totally encased with powder coat so no worries about leading. Please let me know what you all think.
    can't get to the website, just errors out
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Ok I am working on it and I will let you know when it is back. It was working fine last night.

Fixed

powdercoatbullets.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.ipage.com, ipage.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Boolit Buddy
    ...Please let me know what you all think.
    Not good, your website has highly inaccurate and downright confusing information that could increase your liability to unacceptable levels and I'm sure your insurance agent would flip out if he read some of your comments. Also you identify yourself as the owner of the company which suggest you started it as a sole proprietor and obtained the FFL, ITAR registration and product liability insurance (God help you if you don't have all 3) in your own name rather than forming an LLC or Corp, if this is true it is a massive mistake and it's almost unbelievable that your lawyer or insurance agent didn't point that out.

After your headspace, COL, and cycle of your weapon is all functioning, then you need do find what powder and how much will work in your caliber and type of weapon. Once you do a range test and the powder type, powder grains, COL, and headspace all function your weapons without any failures (I shoot around 100 rounds) then you can start to fine tune the powder load and COL to get the most accuarcy to your weapon. Once you shoot you reloads, it is best to keep those cases for those bullets. The reason why is called fire forming. Some use a torch to do this method, but if you can get them loaded, cycle through your weapon, and then fired you are good. Now you have found a new load data for bullet, powder, COL, and primer. Some even goes as far as to count/mark the threads on there dies once they get them attached in their press. Be sure to right down every experiment good or bad to know if you need to remake those loads or do not even try.
    This has got to be some of the worst reloading directions on the internet, completely mixed up information, bad grammer, bad spelling.

They can be pushed past 3000 FPS with no leading in the barrel
    I have yet to see a single person claiming good results over 3,000FPS with powder coat.

Our bullets are totally encased with the powder coat due to our secret 10 stage process. They can be used in most shooting competitions and indoor ranges, there also no worry of lead poisoning.
    No worry of lead poisoning from a product made 95% of lead? Are you serious? People are getting sued every day for making products that have warnings all over them and your official statement is "no worry of lead poisoning"?!

Our goal at Big Sarges is to beat every competitor's prices. If you find a price better than ours, we will match their price and give a 10 percent discount on top of the matched price. That is Big Sarge's Guarantee.
    This is completely unrealistic and puts serious doubts (founded or not) on the quality of your product. You can't just copy some sales gimmick used by your local grocer and apply it to a bullet manufacturing business.

They come in any color
    Also most likely unrealistic or at the very least a logistical nightmare, you need to decide if you are doing custom made-to-order bullets or in-stock production bullets and understand that they are two different markets with different customers and very different price structures.

Finally this thread is nothing more than an old deadbeat thread about a guy that tried to BS his way into the mold making business, it's hardly the place to advertise your new bullet company.
    Last edited by Avery Arms; 11-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Thank you for the feedback, the directions is not at all exact what needs to be done just some suggestions. I am not trying to advertise, I was just seeing what people might think. It looks like I need to do a lot of work. These bullets can go 3000 fps. We have tested the 223 to max loads and no leading. We are working ballistic gelatin test now. I have just started and before I started to sell, I wanted to know what some veterans thought. Thanks for your

Vendor Sponsor

" you started it as a sole proprietor and obtained the FFL, ITAR registration and product liability insurance (God help you if you don't have all 3)"

Go Avery .. You of course are correct .. Someone else jumping into a business that had no clue about the Liability or licensing/permit requirements
    Mr Avery is trying to help you so much more than you know.

to sell bullets now you are required to have an FFL, ITAR registration, and product liability insurance is a given
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Mr. Avery is doing you a huge favor.

Boolit Master
    How long is this dead thread going to stay? I went to the link and Firefox said unsafe I clicked get me out of here. Not a good idea to pursue farther.
    Frank G.

I appreciate the feedback, but please understand I just started this business and my product is great and I am just trying to portray it that way. I will be working on the website with remarks from Mr Avery. Once again thanks.

Boolit Master

I appreciate the feedback, but please understand I just started this business and my product is great and I am just trying to portray it that way. I will be working on the website with remarks from Mr Avery. Once again thanks.
    Please do understand, no one here is against you, I believe they are just giving you sound, experienced advice.

Love Life
    Oh my!!!

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Someone keeps pulling this thread back to the front without looking at the dates or reading it completely. As far as going to mass production and selling your product if you would like to sell them on this site you will need to contact Staff for a vender sponsor since it is not a casual sale.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Mold
    no vent lines?

Kaine molds is a dead end site, can't check anything out in it, it goes no where, no matter what you click on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345