RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good day.

Good day.

Got off work at 11:30 so had time to take a bucket to town and try to collect WW from a tire shop where I made friends with the owner. Traded him a box of 223 ammo for 217 LB of clean WW.

Got to go shoot my 454 and my 270. Not my best shooting ever but I needed the of hand practice.

15 rounds of 270. 20 of 454. All fired at 70 yards off hand.

Going to meet up with a member from here tomorrow to go do some shooting, any maybe try to work a deal so I end up with a Marlin 336 in 32 special. Should be a good day tomorrow as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Looks like your daddy taught you good.

Now show us how Amanda outshot you.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    Good shooting in my book.

Boolit Master

Don't want him shooting at me,Good shooting Dan
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Looks like your daddy taught you good.

Now show us how Amanda outshot you.
    I'm still working with her on that. I bought her a semi auto blowback 1911 copy airgun so she can get the feel of shooting it and then we are gonna go to one of the ranges and try renting a few guns her size. Mine are all too big for her to handle.

Update on going shooting with Centexbill. I ended up coming home with three new toys to play with for a few days. A marlin 336 in 32 special, a Remington sportsman 20ga auto and a 3.62x39 barrel for my handy rifle frame. Can't wait to try those out.

Got to shoot a couple of his old milsurp rifles and that was fun. Been awhile since I've done any bench shooting at 100 yards. I need to Work on that...not the best shooting ive ever done but still fun.

I sure don't want you shooting at me!I wish I was home as I live not far from your new home,but do to work have not been home in over a year.I would like to meet up if I ever get back home.

Boolit Buddy

It was an enjoyable experience to meet Daniel (BS Jr.) Yes he can shoot better than I can. Of course there is some 45 plus years difference in age that does make a difference how well old eyes can focus.

I think we have the beginning a good friendship. BS Jr and Amanda are coming over for Easter dinner tomorrow.

Centex Bill

Boolit Master
    Jr. Your in luck. I just got a couple orders for boolits for 32 Special. I have a mold designed for the cartridge so the crimp groove is located correctly. Its a 200gn FNGC and I don't know if you remember shot wonderfully well in that Win 94 we got from the fella across the river from our place in Ak.
    I will over run the order by a fair margin and send you the excess. the 32 special and boolits were made for each other, really!

Just for grins here are the photos of the guns.

The remington 20ga is a HOOT to shoot. I killed a snake with it in the yard today and had four emptys in the air before the first one hit the ground. No idea what kind of snake that was, but he lunged and it was his unlucky day. Only thing I don't like about it is I shot as much ammo in 20 mins as I shoot in a year with my single shot 20ga...

Photos.

Boolit Master
    The 336 is a rifle not a carbine! Sweet !!!!
    Do you know the reason for the 32 Special? As I was told when they came out with the 30/30 with 10" twist there were still a lot of old fellows that didn't trust smokeless powder so did not want to give up reloading with black powder. They gave the 32 a slower twist, 16" I think so that it wouldn't build up BP fouling as bad as the 10" twist of the 30/30. They made it a 32 cal because there was already a good following for the 32/40 with BP and they gave it the name SPECIAL to distinguish between the two.
    If you have learned about shooting boolits and you should have you know that with regards to twist for boolits you can expect best results with the minimum twist that will stabilize the boolit.
    That is why I said in my first post here that the 32 Special and boolits were made for each other, and they were. Nice rifle, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    The 336 is a rifle not a carbine! Sweet !!!!
    Do you know the reason for the 32 Special? As I was told when they came out with the 30/30 with 10" twist there were still a lot of old fellows that didn't trust smokeless powder so did not want to give up reloading with black powder. They gave the 32 a slower twist, 16" I think so that it wouldn't build up BP fouling as bad as the 10" twist of the 30/30. They made it a 32 cal because there was already a good following for the 32/40 with BP and they gave it the name SPECIAL to distinguish between the two.
    If you have learned about shooting boolits and you should have you know that with regards to twist for boolits you can expect best results with the minimum twist that will stabilize the boolit.
    That is why I said in my first post here that the 32 Special and boolits were made for each other, and they were. Nice rifle, I like it!
    The 336 is a older reciever, faily low serial number. It has a little bit of light pitting from before it was refinished, and has been rebarreled with a micro groove 24" barrel. I cant wait to get my hands on some brass and get a chance to shoot it. Has handles very nice and has a very good balance.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEX BILL View Post
    BS Jr and Amanda are coming over for Easter dinner tomorrow.

Centex Bill
    PICTURES__PICTURES

We want pictures of Amanda shooting.

It didn't happen if no pictures.

Bill...Amanda has never shot a gun. I'm still working on that one with her.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    Bill...Amanda has never shot a gun. I'm still working on that one with her.
    Wish I could send Girty down with a couple of my 22s.

I have literally taught ladies from 4 to 70 that firearms are fun.

I will never forget the 50+ lady that shook so bad when she picked up the OLD Sears 9 shot revolver that it looked like she was chasing flys away.

One shot was all it took and she had a smile on her face that was bigger than your puter screen.

Just do not start Amanda off with any of your LOUDENBANGER KA BOOMERS.

They will scare her away for life.

Give that 20 ga to your love life and you will never regret it.

Bill. That 20ga is not actually mine. It belongs to the other bill. He just left them with me to play with for awhile. If I like any of them well enough I may try to swap him out of them.

And she wouldn't like it. It has more recoil then my NEF pardner and she thinks it is too heavy.

I think k im gonna load some mouse fart loads for my 223 to start her on.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    The 336 is a older reciever, faily low serial number. It has a little bit of light pitting from before it was refinished, and has been rebarreled with a micro groove 24" barrel. I cant wait to get my hands on some brass and get a chance to shoot it. Has handles very nice and has a very good balance.
    Whats the letter on the serial number? It may have came with the micro groove barrell. I have a 1952 marlin,in 32 special,,1 of the 2 most accurate levers ive ever owned.The rcbs 170 boolit,shoots extrememly good in my gun,,,,

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    Whats the letter on the serial number? It may have came with the micro groove barrell. I have a 1952 marlin,in 32 special,,1 of the 2 most accurate levers ive ever owned.The rcbs 170 boolit,shoots extrememly good in my gun,,,,
    The letter is A. This one was rebarreled. It used to be 30/30
    Last edited by Bullshop Junior; 04-20-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Banned
    Awesome shooting!!!

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast