Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made auto-sizer.

Red face Home made auto-sizer.

I finished this a few weeks ago to help with resizing, doing one at a time was driving me NUTS, worse than I normaly am.

I have pictures of components and could make a video of it working if anyone is interested..

I was going to automate it, but its that easy and fast to use manually I have decided not to bother, I will however add a boolit feeder to it in the near future.

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/Gre...tml?sort=3&o=8
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

I like the trick for feeding cases. The feeder would definitely help it out, especially if it got a motor drive too... Nice display of ambition!

Nice work!
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Banned
    A nice piece of work.

Yep, we need more pics and a video or two.

Here is a video of my homade auto sizer.

The feed is pretty simple like a child's gum ball machine. The rotating drum bullet flipper is so I could use the same collator (made from 6" PVC pipe) on the loading machine.

Amazing!

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Well...the question is....why haven't you made one for me????????????

I could make a few I suppose, Id like to do something like that to offset the cost of a boolit feeder, being a semi-pensioner its hard buying "extras".
    Time is something I get a fair bit of, just never thought anyone would be really interested to tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Any Cal. View Post
    I like the trick for feeding cases. The feeder would definitely help it out, especially if it got a motor drive too... Nice display of ambition!
    Thank you. I was going to motorize it, and it could be easily done, but after using it and finding that it does 25 resizes in 30 seconds or less, I figured the nessesity of motorizing it was not a priority.
    If I fit this thing with a nose down boolit feeder, either from AA Alpha or a home made one, 100 sizes a couple of minutes would be easily obtained. So is it really nessesary to mechanize it after all?

The problem is that it can only size as fast as you can fill the feeder tube, as that is the bottleneck. Get a fast way to fill the feeder tube and then pulling the lever will be the bottleneck. It doesn't have to be motorized, but without one you would have to pedal and pull the lever.

Liked your brass tumbler too...

Is that a carb building bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Any Cal. View Post
    The problem is that it can only size as fast as you can fill the feeder tube, as that is the bottleneck. Get a fast way to fill the feeder tube and then pulling the lever will be the bottleneck. It doesn't have to be motorized, but without one you would have to pedal and pull the lever.

Liked your brass tumbler too...

Is that a carb building bench?
    Yessir, I have been specializing in carb rebuilding since 1982, prior to that I built performance engines and did engine conversions. Now carbs are starting to thin out on the street and are mainly used by enthusiasts. I close my workshop after a near fatal car crash, no my fault btw, due to nerve damage in the right hip. I still build carbs, and inspect vehicles for the DofT , but have a fair bit of time for fiddling with stuff, which is how the sizer, case collator and other projects came to be..

I will eventually get a bullet feeder for this thing, swinging the lever is easy and it punches them out as fast as your arm moves, I only size what I am going to load for the weekly visit to the range , so about 5-800 in any given week..

Boolit Master

Nice your headed down the right path videos are needed
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

So I was looking at the pics, that has to be the most expensive "tumbler" I have ever seen! LOL
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    So I was looking at the pics, that has to be the most expensive "tumbler" I have ever seen! LOL
    I am just lucky its slowest speed is 50RPM, some lathes wont go that slow...

here is a poorly shot vid... it was shortened somewhat when uploaded.. but there is enough to give you an idea

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/Gre...tml?sort=3&o=0

I like it!!!! I might have to "borrow" some ideas.

Boolit Master
    That is brilliant Grem. I bet the gran kids would love to help you with that, one feeding and other operating it.

Boolit Master
    I clicked on both links, although they opened, there was nothing there to see. Do I have to be a member of photobucket?

Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    I clicked on both links, although they opened, there was nothing there to see. Do I have to be a member of photobucket?
    Not that I am aware of, I have been asked if I would be willing to supply this in "kit" form. I certainly can do that, it would be lighter than the model in the video, because I just grabbed what was "handy" around the place. Due to the fact that I make the pin on the lathe, that would mean it would only suit a Lee press. Unless someone sent me a more common (stateside) press to convert.

Question is, whats it worth?. I cant answer that, you guys would need to.

Time is money, that saves a lot of time. Saves a lot of money. Think of the Dillon super swage 600 vs another brand of swage dies. Its simple, fast and it works very well for two and a half times the price. Your design on a lot of presses will save tons of man hours. I hope you plan to sell kits or plans for this item, I'll be in line.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast