Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Lee C225-55-RF

Lee C225-55-RF

I've read a few threads on this mold in an AR, but nothing on the odd shaped tip in the M4 feed ramps and only one on PC'ing them.

The bullet style is far and away different than any .22 bullet for an auto. I'm sure a Bolt or single shot could care less about the nose shape, but if anyone is or has used this in an M4 (two feed ramps) especially without gas checks I'd appreciate feedback.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Bub
    I'm a big fan of Lee molds. That being said for an AR I would look at a Saeco Bullet Mold #221 22 Caliber (225 Diameter) 60 Grain Spitzer Point Gas Check about $102 on Midway USA. A Spitzer would feed better in my humble opinion.

Boolit Master

I have 2 molds, the Lyman 225-415 55gr RF, and the NOE 225 62 gr RN plain based designed for PC without lube grooves. My first loads were lubed and gas checked from the Lyman mold, and fired through my AR 15 and Mini 14. The boolits got a little banged up making the trip to the chamber. I made a jig for spraying PC on the Lyman boolit which toughened up the nose so the boolit didn't get banged up.

I never shot the Lyman boolit without checks so I can't speak to that. The NOE mold shoots nicely PC'd with the ASBBPC tumble method. I hardly shoot the Lyman boolit anymore, but do have about 10 pounds cast, coated, and waiting for gas checks. I have 20 pounds of the NOE boolit cast, coated, and sized. I had to take my AR 15s out of California to my other house in Colorado. Anything black and fun is somehow evil in CA, not so in CO. I generally shoot mine out of the Mini 14, and a single shot rifle with a 24" 1-14 twist, it's a tack driver.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!