WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: excellent youtube video on field stripping the Rossi 92

Boolit Bub

excellent youtube video on field stripping the Rossi 92

This fellow from down under does an excellent video on disassembling and reassembling the Rossi M92
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=822cHxAIgQE

Boolit Master

I am learning to hate youtube videos.

So MUCH GREAT INFO available and buffering takes far more time than the video!
    Last edited by TCLouis; 04-16-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for posting. I can't wait to get home so I can watch it.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    I am learning to hate youtube videos.

So MUCH GREAT INFO available and buffering takes far more time than the video!
    Oh I totally agree with that!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I hate YouTube because I go there to watch ONE F'ING VIDEO. And I end up still there three hours later watching some obscure interview with John Wayne, plane crashes, videos whining about guns, videos supporting guns, and videos supporting the videos supporting guns by half naked chicks......

Where the heck did THAT come from? Because of course. THAT'S when the wife walks in...
    "Just try to remember which end makes the bad guys go away."

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Great Video

Thanks for posting
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy

Great video. The camera work is great too. He goes through the whole process ON CAMERA, unlike so many others. I don't like it when they sit there telling you what needs to be done, then do it off camera and come back on camera with that operation completed, then move on to the next part. This guy is good, and well worth watching for anyone that has a Rossi 92.

Boolit Bub
    I just followed this video on my new Rossi 92 in 45 colt. The rifle had a problem with the cartridge elevator (not lifting the cartridge high enough to chamber). It was obvious that the right side of the elevator was rubbing on the inside of the receiver and sticking, so I followed the video to remove the bolt, trigger group (lower tang), and hammer. Then it was just two screws to remove the elevator. A little light polishing on the right side of the elevator with a diamond hone, oiled the elevator stop on the left side, and then put the rifle back together, again following the video. Very helpful. Works great now. An interesting side note, the ejector assembly had been installed incorrectly, the black tube that engages the dogleg on the bolt was in front of the spring, instead of behind it where it belonged. I had cycled a few cartridges through the rifle, and they had ejected, I assume the spring itself was engaging the dogleg. Just another reason to strip down and clean out your new Rossi!

Remember, when you get a Rossi, you also get the option of becoming a Rossi factory service rep!
    I joke, but other than a few simple things, they trend to being good shooters.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pb2au View Post
    Remember, when you get a Rossi, you also get the option of becoming a Rossi factory service rep!
    I joke, but other than a few simple things, they trend to being good shooters.
    It's all about that price point. Sure, I would buy a brand new Winnie but I near choke to death when I see the price tag on one. I've twice now bought a new Rossi instead of the big red W's products. So I'm fine with a little love being needed by a $400ish R92.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have two of them and have hesitated on doing this. But the vid is very good. Time to try it.

I love YouTube for instructional videos! Use it all the time. But you have to use "wisdom" when believing some of those jokers on there. Just like on here, it's all opinion most of the time. But they do always have video proof right B-4 your eyes.

And you must "stay on the straight and narrow path" or you will be off in the dark bowels of YouTube with nothing even closely related to what you were watching....just like stinkin' search engines!

No problems with buffering on this end! You just need a faster/better provider. I do ~34MB/s. Even 28+ on my iPad via wireless.

3G is slower, so if that is what you are using, better wait till you get to a faster WIFI location or at home.

banger

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
    It's all about that price point. Sure, I would buy a brand new Winnie but I near choke to death when I see the price tag on one. I've twice now bought a new Rossi instead of the big red W's products. So I'm fine with a little love being needed by a $400ish R92.
    Same here. Nothing against the Winchesters and others, but yeah, if my Rossi needed a little help, I was very glad to give it.
    99.5%, they simply need a good cleaning and you are off to the races.

I love YouTube, there's so much awesome entertainment and information there! But I hate the videos where some long-winded character blathers on and on and on about trivial nonsense, instead of getting to the point. KISS, man - Keep It Short and Sweet.

Then there's the videos with NO narration, just visual step by step with no talking, just some stupid music.

Boolit Bub
    bump to join second part of video.....too bad this couldn't be a sticky