Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Rcbs .356 124rn gc

Boolit Buddy

Rcbs .356 124rn gc

Anyone have experience with this mould in 9mm?
    I'm just about to admit defeat with my 9mm and buy a GC mould.
    Ive slugged it sized from bore to 2 thou over, numerous alloys, powders, lubes, used different size expanders, different moulds, just about everything that should fix the problem but nothing has, I still get rapid lead build up in the throat.
    Accuracy isn't an issue from a clean barrel but it quickly disappears as the lead builds up.

So I am seriously considering a GC mould and can get hold of a RCBS .356 124RN GC any other suggestions on a 9mm GC.

Banned

look closer at your guns throat.
    many of the newer ones don't have one they just go right into a rifled barrel from the chamber.
    you may have to try a few things like harder alloy, smaller sizing and a tighter crimp, or even applying a coat of tumble lube to help get past this point.

or you could just have a throat cut into the barrel.

Boolit Master
    I have a Taurus 99AF that leads (the whole length of the barrel) up more than any pistol that I've ever had..tried different powders charges, bullets, lubes, sizing dies..to no avail. So I bought the RCBS 82062 124 RN-GC and I get very little leading now. I use home made aluminum GC's, so the cost of using GCs for it is a non-issue. The bullet is also excellent in the .38 Spl, .357 Magnum..I really like it in th 1894C but I have to load it single shot.