WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: lee 7/8 oz reloading

Boolit Mold

lee 7/8 oz reloading

renbo here from australia,having got a 7/8 lee slug mold, the load info isnt really relivant in aus, also i can only get the new winn aa hulls, and as for powder ,there is red dot,green dot ,unique and some others
    i would like a mild load 1100- 1300 fps ,i have been looking at this excellent site but it all gets confusing
    i may be able to get differant brand shotshells -rem, or fed gold medal as in the lee instructions ,but the powder charge is what worrys me, wad hight and fit through an IC choke is no worrys,i just cant find a recipe to try ,probably downloaded of course to be on the safe side, anyone got any ideas thanks fella's Renbo

Banned

I would go with the AA hulls and 27 to 30 grains of Unique. Red dot would work fine as well. If you need data for Red Dot just ask and I will get it. Try to get Winchester wads as the AAs are tapered

Boolit Grand Master
    Use a standard light target trap load for 7/8 oz of shot and you will be fine. You may need to add cards to get a good crimp so include that weight in you load development. But you should be OK with light loads as they normally run under 8000 psi.

Here is a load with 16.5 gr of Red Dot under a WAA12L wad in AA hulls - it runs at 7900 psi. - 1200 fps

Very comfortable to shoot and good for youngsters and ladies.

Don Verna

Boolit Mold
    thanks fella's , this will get me started

Boolit Buddy

I'm going to be loading some 7/8oz lee slugs in a couple weeks using Unique and will post my experience here since others are looking to do the same load,i just cast 100 slugs tonight for the testing.

Boolit Master

I have had a much easier time loading the federal hulls. the absolute best fit of the slug in a wad is the Trap Commander wad from BPI with 1-20 ga hard card in the bottom of the shot cup, a 16 ga card over that, then the slug. the wad has a ring in the bottom that does not allow the 16 ga to seat perfectly but the 20 ga does. the helix cushion driver 18 wad from BPI has the identical shotcup but a shorter base for bulkier powders. I've found 32 - 33 grns Longshot in a federal hull with above configuration and a 209 primer to be quite effective out of a cylinder or IC smootbore. the right combo gun/charge can get 5 - 6" groups @ 100 yds.

Boolit Buddy

I'll be using new primed Fiocchi hulls,downrange wads with 20g cards,I'm loading them this weekend and shooting them the following sat out of my new Vepr 12.