RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $25 VibraPrime's on MidwayUSA

yea after reading reviews ...I didn't order one. Perhaps if more chime in with good results I'll buy two.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Boolit Bub
    Mine seems to run like a champ. Only fill 5 tubes which where the first 5 I have used it with. Faster than by hand and no issues.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cheese1566 View Post
    I just tried to use it...wow! how frustrating!
    I like to tinker, but shouldnt have to tweak new things. I will box it and save it for later. The time I spent trying to get it working, I could have loaded numerous tubes.

I was using CCI small pistol primers and they kept wanting to "tip" and lodge in the drop hole of the clear tray. I used some 800 paper to deburr but still getting hangups. I tried deburring the tip of the tube as well.
    I resorted using the large pistol side of the tray with the small tube. I got some feed issues, but could clear them by jostling the unit in my hand. I tested that and had no flipped ones, but found two after I reloaded 100 rounds on my LNL AP.

I experienced pretty much the same frustration with mine. More so with small primers. I paid close to $50.00 for it. I wouldn't do it again. There's one called the "purple primer eater". As soon as I get some disposable income I'm gonna order one.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Frustrating, aggravating yes! Quality, NO! Mine sets in the corner of my bench. I wonder if Midway would take it back? I think I attempted to use it twice, both times with negative results. The Dillon primer filler works so much better. The nice thing with the Dillon is that I just dump the primers in the top tray and push the button, and go back to the 550 and start loading while it fills the next tube. You don't have to hold it and fiddle around trying to make it work.

I don't really need one since I only load 100-200 rounds in one sitting. It was going to be a nice toy and I was tempted at the decent $25 sale price. I would never buy one for $50. I wouldn't buy a Dillon either unless someone had one of those for under $100. Just don't load enough... nice try for $25.

The small primers don't work but I have had no issues with some large pistol/rifle primers. I see the hole in the large side is pretty close to the size of the large primers. The small hole though looks rather big compared to the size of a small primer. i Think my small hole is oversized. I may call customer service tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe I can get a replacement tray warrantied; everything else seems OK.

Got mine also the other day what a piece of garbage, once I got it to feed some what ok. It is flipping half the primes over in the tube while they drop(guessing as they are butt down when I see them fall) which is maken reloading a total pain in the back side.

If I cant find a cure its going down the road.

P.S This is with small primers Winchester to be exact.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

I called the customer service number on the instruction. All I can say WOW to to them!! No waiting on hold and spoke to a nice female who was easy to understand. She apologized for the troubles and asked for a brief description of the problem. She quickly asked my info to send a replacement. (Unsure if they will send just the tray that I said was probably the problem or an entire unit.) She again apologized that they will get it sent out soon, but may get delayed since the warehouse was moving locations this weekend. Never asked how long or where I purchased it.

That's good stuff!!!

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I bought 2 of them and have already received them. Just like some of the feedback says, you really have to fiddle around with these things to make them work. In all honesty, I have only opened one so far. So far, I removed the burr from the hole in the tray for small primers and used a drill bit to open up the passage thru the plastic end piece on the metal primer tube. also figured out that it works best when you don't try to rush it and definitely works better when you hold it with the tray straight up & down, with the primer hole at the bottom. If you don't have patience, don't buy one. Mine does work great now.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Master

Mine adapted to RCBS bench Auto Prime, I'll start a thread in a minute.

Banned

warf and cheese. Ill give you 20 bucks shipped for them if you want to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    warf and cheese. Ill give you 20 bucks shipped for them if you want to get rid of them.
    Thanks for caring Lloyd! I may give it some thought.
    I'll see what they send me in a week or so from customer service. I do like to tinker, just aggravated that it is new. But I did read numerous good/bad reviews on the web and I shouldn't be too surprised at a fail. Just happy I didn't drop $50!

Banned

cheese take it and play with it a bit. It takes a bit of learned technique. You have to tilt it at the right angle and even give it a bit of a shake occasionaly. they need a good strong battery also. Like ive posted before, i had one of the 300 dollar dillons and these things for 25 bucks are hands down less agravating to use. I like them so much that i have two i use one for small and one for large. I had one backup left of the shelf new. When this deal came up i bought 2 more. I dont want to get caught without one in the future. Like i said im not beyond buying a couple more. they do wear out like anything else you buy. Ive gone through two that quit vibrating but i dont know how many bricks of primers they put into tubes before they gave up the ghost. Bottom line is theres nothing better at any price for filling tubes on the market right now. Bottom line is my offer still stand if you cant get the hang of it.

Boolit Master

Put mine together. Glad I bought it for half price, because I'd be furious if I'd paid $50 for the plastic junk I got. Plastic molding flashing on the pieces, mismatched halves interfered where the primer tray gets inserted, burrs on the tube, etc. Took me an hour of trimming and de-burring to get the thing to work halfway decently. Motor smells like it's going to burst into flame from the 2 AA batteries (not included.) Furthermore, when used as directed the primers are upside down for filling a Dillon primer tube from it's hairpin clip side. I had to pull the pick-up piece off and load from that side. Helpful hint: A 5/16" vacuum hose cap does a fine job of capping the Dillon transfer tube so primers don't get spilled. Another helpful hint: When loading the transfer tube into the primer tube on the press, pull the hose cap off the tube before you pull the clip out, otherwise a vacuum will form in the tube and some primers will stick inside it, at least until you pull the tube away from the press and give them a chance to fall out and land all over the place.

I wrote a one-star review at Midway today, let's see if they post it.

Boolit Master

Mine works, loads my Hornady LNL-AP and I adapted my RCBS Bench Auto Primer to work with it.

Primer tubes are the same diameter, so I re-drilled the retaining pin hole up 3/8" on the Vibra Prime

Tube and just fit it directly into the Auto Primer Tube holder, works great.

Sorry for some folks with issues.

Banned

the pickup peice is off of every primer tube i have. Why would you need it if your filling like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    Put mine together. Glad I bought it for half price, because I'd be furious if I'd paid $50 for the plastic junk I got. Plastic molding flashing on the pieces, mismatched halves interfered where the primer tray gets inserted, burrs on the tube, etc. Took me an hour of trimming and de-burring to get the thing to work halfway decently. Motor smells like it's going to burst into flame from the 2 AA batteries (not included.) Furthermore, when used as directed the primers are upside down for filling a Dillon primer tube from it's hairpin clip side. I had to pull the pick-up piece off and load from that side. Helpful hint: A 5/16" vacuum hose cap does a fine job of capping the Dillon transfer tube so primers don't get spilled. Another helpful hint: When loading the transfer tube into the primer tube on the press, pull the hose cap off the tube before you pull the clip out, otherwise a vacuum will form in the tube and some primers will stick inside it, at least until you pull the tube away from the press and give them a chance to fall out and land all over the place.

I wrote a one-star review at Midway today, let's see if they post it.

Boolit Master

Looking over the Midway reviews and the comments here, it seems to me that the original run of these must have been of good quality, the 2013 run had spotty quality control, and the stuff they just pushed out the door at half price is utter ****. The one-star reviews at Midway for April are starting to pile up.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    New Guys who have never had one of these before: They're inexpensive, made of plastic and manufactured at a low price point. What does that mean? It means two things:

1. You have to tune them! With a very few minutes spent learning how the thing works and cleaning up flashing, etc., you are rewarded with a device that works like a charm and loads primers much faster and more reliably than anything else available on the market.

2. You have to learn how to use them! They're designed to work a certain way and if you take your time and learn how to use them, they'll reward you with major primer loading convenience.

If you fail to accept the truth of this post, you'll be doomed to failure and feel you've wasted your money. If you accept the truth, perform the tuning and learn how to use the device, you'll be glad you did and will feel it's money well spent.

And there you have it, the rest of the story. So do you want the red pill or the blue pill? It's your choice. Me, I own an RCBS Pro 2000 with the strip loader, so I don't need one.

Just got my replacement tray in the mail. Pretty big box (overkill) for just a primer tray and lid, but I guess it came safely in lots of packing and I didn't pay for shipping.
    This one worked OK until I gave it a light deburr and buff. Gave the primer tube another short treatment too.
    new tray seems to work great now!

Kudos to them for good customer service!

I am finding that not too much tilt and not letting the primers pack into each other helps. Let the primers have space and let them jiggle and dance from the vibrations.

By the way, looks like they are on sale again for $26. Even after my trouble, I may order another if place an order this week...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12