MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rotary wet tumbler..

Boolit Buddy

New rotary wet tumbler..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9rIyue6RC4

This one holds a lot more brass. Up to 1000 223 cases. Comes with the SS media. There is at least 1 other video on youtube showing it in action.
    Jim

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Thomas Jefferson 1803

Boolit Master
    I wish I could afford one of those! But even if I could not sure I would buy one. Have too many motors laying around for when I eventually get around to making one.

The strainers are a nice idea, along with the rubber lining. Wonder if they will start selling just the container?
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned

That's a really nice setup. I just got my STM deluxe kit today (17-lb black tumbler drum and all the accessories) and it works wonderfully, (ran three batches at work, I came prepared when the brown truck showed up!) but I can already see the convenience of those screw-on caps, strainer inserts, and the included magnet in the FA model.

Gear

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    That's a really nice setup. I just got my STM deluxe kit today (17-lb black tumbler drum and all the accessories) and it works wonderfully, (ran three batches at work, I came prepared when the brown truck showed up!) but I can already see the convenience of those screw-on caps, strainer inserts, and the included magnet in the FA model.

Gear
    I seen the new black tumbler and was woundering about it, still on the fence about SS cleaning but I'm about to fall off.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Interesting, thanks for posting it. Not a ridiculous price with the pins included.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Love Life
    Real men tumble 1,000 308 cases at a time...

Boolit Master

I got the STM black tumbler and love it. Learned quickly all the nuts need to be tightened but other than that does a great job.
    Would do it again if given another chance
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

I am intrigued by the caps on this tumbler. With Thumblers a lot of time is taken up just by removing and resealing the lid. This new design is a step in the right direction. I wonder how reliable the motor will be over time. Also, it would be nice if it were American made like Thumblers.

Boolit Master

Another "I gotta have" item.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

getting mine from Optics Planet. They called today. Back ordered. Expect new stock & reship on the 7th.
    Not bad IMO.
    PepeRay
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice setup.

Banned

I would definitely consider the FA version if only wanting to tumble brass and not rocks or BP. The timer and extra capacity alone would be worth it, provided it holds up over time. The new knob-type nuts on the STM tumbler beat the pants off of the old Thumler wing nuts. STM has spare consumables, not sure about the Midway unit if it shucks a gear or the seals go bad.

Gear

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warf73 View Post
    I seen the new black tumbler and was woundering about it, still on the fence about SS cleaning but I'm about to fall off.
    If you need a poke, I can show you pictures of before and after, but trust me, the pics in their banner ad are the real deal. I've done citric-acid cleanings (used a media separator and bucket near full of solution for a tumbler) for a few years now, but nothing beats those pins for getting the insides clean. Plus, no media stuck in primer pockets.

Gear

Boolit Master

I am usually standofish about Frankford Arsenal stuff but this one has my interest. $209.99 from Optics Planet. That really isn't too bad for a tumbler. If it didn't take up so much room I would just get the small cement tumbler from Harbor Freight..
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Grand Master

Midway $199.99 http://www.midwayusa.com/product/713...y-case-tumbler

I really like the design of the drum but this one will last longer http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.co...-rebel-17.html

Boolit Master

Gear
    Say Gear ol buddy, ol pal. . . I gots about 3K of 308 brass laying around. Just kidding. Congrats on the new toy!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Say Gear ol buddy, ol pal. . . I gots about 3K of 308 brass laying around. Just kidding. Congrats on the new toy!
    DOOD! It's ON like Donky-Kong! Get that stuff deprimed and when I get through most of what I have now (I'm doing it at work so I can keep it going and do two-three batches a day) I'll run a few of yours.

Gear

Boolit Master

I would definitely consider the FA version if only wanting to tumble brass and not rocks or BP. The timer and extra capacity alone would be worth it, provided it holds up over time. The new knob-type nuts on the STM tumbler beat the pants off of the old Thumler wing nuts. STM has spare consumables, not sure about the Midway unit if it shucks a gear or the seals go bad.

Gear
    I called midway today and asked them about a warranty on the new tumbler. I was told by their service representative that all frankfort arsenal products have a 1 year warranty.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Banned

I usually don't think in terms of warranty if it works to start out with, what concerns me is life five or ten years from now. The STM tumbler is dirt simple, can be repaired or modified to work with commonly available parts, and OEM spares are cheap and available. I DO like how much easier it appears the use of the FA tumbler is, though, it's a much more convenient design.

Gear

Boolit Master
    DOOD! It's ON like Donky-Kong! Get that stuff deprimed and when I get through most of what I have now (I'm doing it at work so I can keep it going and do two-three batches a day) I'll run a few of yours.

Gear
    LOL, I really was joking bout the 308, buuuuutttt. . . On second thought though; I once had the idea that it'd be cool to paint up some of my 300blk brass with liver of sulfur. Well, it didn't go so well. I'm assuming that the color didn't take because of the polishing "stuff" on the case from the tumbling process (I toss in a bit of polishing compound). I always thought a good cleaning with soap and water and the color would take. Anyhow, I never took up the project again and it occurred to me that a trip though your new wet tumbler would give the blk brass the proper cleaning it needs. If you're game, I'd like to throw some blk brass in and see how it goes.

If it works out, I may have to look into some lime green powder coating of some bullets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast