MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCBS customer service

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

RCBS customer service

I put this in maintenance, because it involves parts, so please move if it belongs elsewhere.

I wrote to RCBS on Friday night, first time ever dealing with their customer service and this is what I sent:

I just bought a mold, a RCBS 270-150-SP gas checked, double cavity, and the owner lost the handle mounting screws to mount the blocks. How do I order two new screws for that, please?
    Thank you,
    Chuck.
    And this morning (on a Sunday), I received this:
    Subject: RE: rcbs.com - Ask RCBS Form

Just ordered those parts for you no charge

CM Service Rep
    RCBS
    605 Oro Dam Blvd
    Oroville Ca 95965
    1-800-379-1732
    Phone hrs 6:30am to 3:30pm
    What nice folks they are! My first RCBS experience was definitely a positive one.
    Chuck.

(My address was included on the form sent in with the question)
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master

They've been like that forever, the best CS in the reloading industry! And my experience with Redding has been just as good, Lee has decent CS too. Lyman for me has been the worst ever, no axe to grind just their CS is terrible.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

My dealings with RCBS customer service have been very positive. They actually treat you better than you expect to be treated. They know how to cut slack, too.... Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Lymans c.s. Is that way (crappy) and they do not offer unconditional lifetime warranty for any of their products. I only buy rcbs reloading tooling because of the warranty.

The only time I've had to deal with them it was a very pleasant experience.
    Nice people, and fast service at no cost to me.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    I have called RCBS three times over several years looking for parts for their obsolete equipment. Each time I have received the parts for free.
    Really good folks!

Boolit Buddy
    I have called RCBS three times over several years looking for parts for their obsolete equipment. Each time I have received the parts for free.
    Really good folks!

I started loading in 1972 with a RockChucker Special Kit. I have spoken with them MANY times. They have been great every time.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Boolit Buddy
    i called them 5 times within 1 hour yesterday and both gentlemen i spoke with were above and beyond friendly and helpful. I have a pile of parts coming, of course free of charge as always. this is the reason why i buy mainly RCBS products. i can rest assured that as long as i have their product it will be warrantied free....

Boolit Man
    I once bought a used resizing die at a flea market. When I got home I discovered it would not screw in to my press. It was warped like a banana, visibly so. I wrote RCBS and explained what had happened and asked what it would cost to buy a new die body only. They sent me a whole new die, spindle and everything free.

Boolit Grand Master

I've always got service beyond what I expected from Lyman, RCBS, and LEE. This ind is just that way.
    Try telling GM or Ford that you have a 20 yr old wheel stud with worn threads.

Banned
    I can attest to their great service also.

Boolit Master

It's probably been 25 years now since I stuck a case in grandpa's 30-06 sizing die.

He sent it back and they returned it, case removed, free of charge.

Boolit Grand Master
    When moving, I accidentally broke the pins off the plastic primer catcher for my RCBS Turret press. I called RCBS to order the part, confessed my clumsiness and was surprised when they told me it would be replaced free of charge. I broke it--I told them so. They sent it to me at no cost anyway. Does service get better than that?
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

This is simply a good business investment.

Read all the positive CS indorsements. Not from some paid "talking head" gun writer @ G&A, but from REAL guys like you & me. We are the ones that can really trust the things we post here.
    We have ZERO axe to grind as it were. We post what actually happened: the who, what, when, where why & how.

The threaded part on my RCBS LAM, Where the handle attatches, has a plate spot welded on either side. One on the plates came loose (after 30 years). I called RCBS CS. A week later I received the new part in the mail, no charge.

Another honest endorsement! Anything mechanical can break, wear out etc. guys are OK with a part breaking after 30 years. The company stood behind their product, and made it right w/o any fuss. What more can we ask?

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    When moving, I accidentally broke the pins off the plastic primer catcher for my RCBS Turret press. I called RCBS to order the part, confessed my clumsiness and was surprised when they told me it would be replaced free of charge. I broke it--I told them so. They sent it to me at no cost anyway. Does service get better than that?

Boolit Grand Master

Now let us know when you receive the parts in two to three weeks. Because that's how long it's going to take. They don't process it for at least two weeks. I've had contact them twice in the past month and a half. First time I got the same email and received the parts two and half weeks later. Second time I had to pay for the parts, no big deal. Received them three and half weeks after speaking to them. Credit card was not charged for two and half weeks.

Don't get me wrong. Anyone I have talked to directly or through email was pleasant to deal with. And I received the proper parts to fix the issues. But they were not delivered in anywhere close to a timely fashion. W/ another company I had the parts in my hand by weeks end after contacting them on Monday.

Boolit Buddy
    WOW they went a step beyond the normal outstanding service last night. i spoke with a gentleman (name withheld) and he gave me his email address and said from now on just deal with Me. told me to email him the part numbers i need when ever i need them. he said he will make sure to get them to me as soon as possible. he has already sent me 2 emails giving me heads up on every part # and their status.

outstanding people....

Boolit Master

I must be the only one who has had a not so good experience with RCBS customer service. I have a lock out for my progressive. It worked for about 500 9 mm's. Tried it on the 40's and 45 acp's and it flopped. It would not function correctly, sticking and such. I called and they said all I have to do is polish the ball check reliefs. I did and nothing really happened (they said nothing about returning it to address the situation) This was in 2008 or so. I just put it in the why did I buy this drawer and used the powder cop and used the check the each 10th load per the powder measure instructions. I do not need high production rates, but it is nice to have working accessories. My reloading dies are split between RCBS and Hornady so I am not a newbe to the product line, I have even had them make custom dies for reloading experiments.

Bill
    Last edited by just bill; 04-06-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: improper description

RCBS customer service is definitely top notch. I have a 30+ year old single stage press from them (it was my Dad's) and over time some small parts were lost. I called them up and they sent the parts for free without batting an eye, even though I said I would pay for them. Seems like a lot of people have had the same experience. I've also had similar dealings with Hornady. I had issues with a .270 Win sizing die and they sent out a new die plus a tub of Unique case lube, all for free. I've only dealt with Lyman once and it went great and I wasn't charged even though it was pretty much my fault (my dog's actually).

Boolit Master

I have to throw in my 2 cents as well. Last Monday I called regarding a very annoying drip coming from my 1984 Pro Melt. We talked for a while and the gent that I talked with sent me a new pot and a new metering rod. It arrived today! I am going to try and install it this weekend. Now do I drill it for a thermocouple? I am building a PID controller for the pot.

Great Service!