WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's the most "different" breakfast you have had?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    I was always taught that guts stay in the gut pile...
    AMEN!!!
    My ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat garbage.
    Kidneys and liver, vomit. You can keep your refuse filters, cause that's all kidneys and liver really are, the body's natural fuel filters. I'll stick to backstrap and tenderloin.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Dan, I think that was the OX, Oxford Cafe. I ate that a few times my self.
    Gianni you are probably right. I have not been there for about 30 years and my memory has not improved in that time.
    When you ordered did you hear the waitress say the code for an order of B&E, "" HE NEEDS UM"" ?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    What works better?
    Space aliens must have abducted my "buttermilk" edited to correct.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5868006_use-...enderizer.html
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-18-2014 at 11:32 AM.

My ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat garbage.
    Kidneys and liver, vomit. You can keep your refuse filters, cause that's all kidneys and liver really are, the body's natural fuel filters. I'll stick to backstrap and tenderloin.
    I agree whole heartedly. But, when it comes to flavor/texture and taste, my ancestors tasted all parts and made them (or more accurately, some of them) very good meals. Therefore, I shall try and enjoy them just as they did. Kind of like the black powder rifles that they used.......

JMHO

The Dove

The biggest mistake people make, is overcooking liver. Makes it tougher than boot-leather.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

As a Scotsman, every Sunday we enjoyed black pudding. It's a sausage made from straining the blood and bits from butchering a pig, adding some spices/herbs and stuffing into a natural casing.

once we came to America, relatives would bring of ship some to our family from Glasgow, but it is VERY difficult to find a good one in the US that meets the quality of good Scottish black pudding. A store in Portland, OR used to sell the good ones, but long since closed up shop and I'm yet to find another in Puget Sound that's nearly as good.
    Wife and kids won't touch the stuff! He he
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Gianni you are probably right. I have not been there for about 30 years and my memory has not improved in that time.
    When you ordered did you hear the waitress say the code for an order of B&E, "" HE NEEDS UM"" ?
    Your memory was right on with that remark Dan. I believe they no longer serve brains, need em or not.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I like venison liver, just not for breakfast. Strangest breakfast would probably be a Bloody Mary. It's a tradition on my brother's deer lease, bar opens briefly after the morning hunt. Had to try it once.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

Beer bloody mary was a common deer weekend breakfast after sitting in the stand all morning. Came in at 10, bacon, eggs, one beer max, back out to walk abandoned groves to jump deer.

Boolit Grand Master

We're not aggresive enough hunters to do a midday hunt so the ETOH from one drink isn't a problem. Generally plenty to do around camp after brunch, if I have a critter to butcher I drink coffee.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Turkish breakfast is pretty different, but delicious.

Boolit Mold
    My wife grew up in Kerala, India (far Southern India). This is what we eat for breakfast. Uppama (grains and veggies sputtered in spicy coconut oil), Raita (spicy yogurt), and Kadala curry (the chickpeas)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47dd046167a583a97f8102f70dace83e.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	115183

Moderator Emeritus

One Scottish meal I cannot handle.... haggis

Perm-Banned
    for the first 7 years of my life we lived with my norwegian grandparents in a norwegian communtiy on a farm in n.dak. it never varied. piles of toast made from home made bread. sour crean from our own cows. cover the toast with sour cream and cover that with home made jam or honey. never got over that, as a matter of fact i had that for lunch today. i remember once we went through a 5 gallon pail of honey in a very short time. if your norwegian you have to love sour cream.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Yep... that raging thirst in the morning....

"How can I be so thirsty, when I had so much to drink last night?"

Just HOPE that no one dropped a cigarette butt into whatever you're about to drink...... been there, paid the price (if you weren't sick BEFORE the butt hits yer lips, you WILL be sick shortly afterward...)
    No effort to upstage here, but allow me to go one better. Back in the day, along with a couple of friends (?) the local jackpot rodeo circuit was our weekend normal. Our weekend larder consisted of beer, Fritos and Copenhagen. It's difficult to describe the sensation achieved, when you grab a beer can, expecting the normal barley and hops flavor, and instead run head on into the can one of your compadres was expelling Copenhagen into, the previous night.
    Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money! Tom T. Hall.

Boolit Buddy
    A Bloody Mary (even alone) unusual? I've clearly led a dissolute life...........and have had some awful role models!

Banned

Id dont think it was as much that they were goremets looking for tastes and textures as it was that they were dammed hungry and couldnt afford to waste anything that was protein. They found ways to make guts organs eatable. Id bet not to many of them that did wouldnt have agreed that the back straps were better. Me i dont eat guts or organs either. Why? Because i dont have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dove View Post
    I agree whole heartedly. But, when it comes to flavor/texture and taste, my ancestors tasted all parts and made them (or more accurately, some of them) very good meals. Therefore, I shall try and enjoy them just as they did. Kind of like the black powder rifles that they used.......

JMHO

The Dove

My Ex Father in Law tried to get me drunk enough for Balut for breakfast...Him, his brother and I polished off 3 bottles of Filipino Rum, and 2 cases of San Miguel brought back from PI...he STILL couldn't get me to eat it...
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER