Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pallet of .22 rf

Boolit Master
    Love Life, I'm not sure where you live, but $23-25/lb. of powder has been the going rate around here for most powder for more than a couple of years - long enough for me to call it "normal" - even a decent buy on some - if you can find them, such as Varget, 2400, or Blue Dot.
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    If our children do not shoot, then the 2nd amendment dies.
    I agree 100%. The writing is on the wall that 22lr is no longer the cheap plinking ammo. I would offload all of my 22lr stuff and invest in 32 caliber firearms.

A gouger is one who takes advantage of another person's misfortune and charges inflated prices for necessary goods.

When we have a hurricane hit down here, folks truck in building supplies and sell them off the road side at double the local prices after local supplies are exhausted. It is against the law and I report them every time I see them.

If you see the Obama administration as a misfortune and 22 ammo as a necessary ammo then folks who are selling at inflated prices are indeed gougers. If your don't see the Obama administration as a misfortune and/or 22 ammo is not a necessity, then they are not gougers.

I would not call the $100 per brick sellers gougers, I would just call them a low life.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I would not call the $100 per brick sellers gougers, I would just call them a low life.
    Correct.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I truly believe that the 22LR shortage will catch up, just like the primers did. Now you can buy primers almost everywhere. At least half of the online stores have lowered the prices on primers. thirdgenerationshootingsupply is now carrying CCI primers and has 456,000 small pistol primers in stock @ 27.00/1000, besides their other primers. LOL, I officially have enough 22LR now, I quit buying them (unless I find them on sale )
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Bub
    I'm sorry, but as a forum member, can I ask that we act like adults on this forum? Take it off line.

Boolit Grand Master

I will simply ask a question. If 22 is not a necessity then what is it? Because I'm sure that if it's not a necessity then it's a luxury.

And good luck preventing people from buying 22 at inflated prices. The people selling it are not gougers. That term is used improperly all the time. People are willing to pay a certain price for an item. There is nothing you can do to prevent this. I know I have not been buying anything at inflated prices. But if I was out of 22 and my step daughter really wanted to shoot I would pony up the $50 to keep her shooting.

I'm not sure retailers raising their prices, relative, is a solution or a good thing. Because we know that the prices will most likely not come all the way back down. But i was wrong about this w/ ARs as they are back to pre Sandy Hook prices. There is also no guarantee that it will increase the supply and it won't decrease the demand. It just means money will be going into corporate pockets instead of your neighbors.

All in all it's a sad situation and points out how the shooting community is anything but tight knit. We do not look out for each other. The vast majority only care about themselves. And to be honest I don't know if I can blame them w/ the current lack of supply.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 03-26-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Large parts of this thread have been deleted and/or edited due to insults and profanity. If it continues this thread will be shut down. Conduct yourselves as mature, rational adults and leave the insults and profanity out of it.

This is why we can't have nice things......
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I will simply ask a question. If 22 is not a necessity then what is it? Because I'm sure that if it's not a necessity then it's a luxury.

And good luck preventing people from buying 22 at inflated prices. The people selling it are not gougers. That term is used improperly all the time. People are willing to pay a certain price for an item. There is nothing you can do to prevent this. I know I have not been buying anything at inflated prices. But if I was out of 22 and my step daughter really wanted to shoot I would pony up the $50 to keep her shooting.

I'm not sure retailers raising their prices, relative, is a solution or a good thing. Because we know that the prices will most likely not come all the way back down. But i was wrong about this w/ ARs as they are back to pre Sandy Hook prices. There is also no guarantee that it will increase the supply and it won't decrease the demand. It just means money will be going into corporate pockets instead of your neighbors.

All in all it's a sad situation and points out how the shooting community is anything but tight knit. We do not look out for each other. The vast majority only care about themselves. And to be honest I don't know if I can blame them w/ the current lack of supply.
    Well that is your opinion, such as it is.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Love Life
    I went and deleted all my sort of not nice stuff since it was all in response to deleted not nice stuff. I do have a question though. Does anybody read the delete messages?

Moving along to respond to Mr. Dragon: You are correct. The tightknittedness (new word!!) of the shooting/reloading community waxes and wanes proportionately with the deepness of individual's wallets and how well stocked their reloading larder is. That has been made blatantly clear during this shortage. It has left me sickened and incredibly bitter towards the entire community. In one hand they'll scream HOARDER!!! and GOUGER!!!! yet they'll post up about buying 24lbs of powder like it's no biggie and how they made $100 on a lee 6 cavity.

Oh my!! I'm drifting again.

Boolit Master
    Let me give my 2 cents. Ocooner and Oholers and community started this mess.

The stupid, illiterate people decided to buy guns. Piss poor, they bought the Heritage Rough Rider for $123. they bought the $139 Marlin 22 rifle. Now the cretins need ammo. Duh? Did I say they're stupid? Bring in the predators. They don't work for a living. They got the EBT cards, they got the Bummer fones. Get the picture? Vultures. When I see one on my property I don't care what ODNR says the season is............................
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    22lr is a luxury item as it is not a required item to live. 32 caliber firearms still exist and at the end of the day will come out cheaper than 22lr if you reload them.
    20 years ago I was paying 1.25/50 for .22s. I could load my .32s for 3.5/rd. I continue to this day. All three of my kids shoot. All three know how to reload. When I leave, they'll have to divvy up the spoils amongst themselves. But I've given them the basics. What they do with it will depend on themselves.

Boolit Master
    Interesting thread. I never gave much thought to retailers raising their prices with the end result being the price might come down across the board but there is some truth to it.
    At $50 a brick people buying it to resell will dry up because $50 seems to be the upper limit most shooters will pay for run of the mill .22 ammo. It would also slow down the people buying everything they can put their hands on to hoard. After about 6-9 months the price would slowly crawl downwards because the rush will be over and stores will be unloading extra inventory.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

For that price they are gougers too. The local gun shop got in some American Eagle and was limiting to two boxes but it the price was 2.69. I would rather wait and get it while I can for that prices for two boxes then pay through the nose to a gouger at a gun show or online or retail.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master
    I must offer my appologies for going off the deep end. But.... as a professional economist, I speak and spoke with experience. Take it for what it is worth to you. Supply and demand really does work both ways. If you want it bad enough, you will pay whatever it takes to get it. At our local gun shows, 22 ammo was selling for upwards of $80.00 per brick, and people were actually buying it.

If "EVERYONE" wants to see the price return to normal pre- scare prices, "EVERYONE" needs to just stop buying it all together. The so-called gougers will stop "TRYING" to sell it for more than market value and move on to something else. After all, center fire ammo is back on the shelves and no one I see, is "GOUGING" that. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    I must offer my appologies for going off the deep end. But.... as a professional economist, I speak and spoke with experience. Take it for what it is worth to you. Supply and demand really does work both ways. If you want it bad enough, you will pay whatever it takes to get it. At our local gun shows, 22 ammo was selling for upwards of $80.00 per brick, and people were actually buying it.

If "EVERYONE" wants to see the price return to normal pre- scare prices, "EVERYONE" needs to just stop buying it all together. The so-called gougers will stop "TRYING" to sell it for more than market value and move on to something else. After all, center fire ammo is back on the shelves and no one I see, is "GOUGING" that. Just my thoughts.
    As much as I hate to agree with an economist (no offence TH 243) I completely agree, and I've said the same for a while.

Love Life
    Jack the prices up.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

This country is totally divided, not only in politics but in many, many things. Even when it comes to the sporting community.

Greed and the attitude of Me, me, me, its all about me, is doing little to help our society.

Sad isn't it.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    This country is totally divided, not only in politics but in many, many things. Even when it comes to the sporting community.

Greed and the attitude of Me, me, me, its all about me, is doing little to help our society.

Sad isn't it.
    Sad, but not a surprise. Self preservation and "I'm gonna gets mines" is always just below the surface. What makes it so sad in the shooting community is the huge dose of hypocrisy that accompanies it. At the end of the day altruism goes against all species, and self preservation is survival 101. Abundance allows for the giving and sacrifice necessary for an "unselfish" society.

Adversity and/or a lack of something you feel you "need" introduces you to yourself. Always has and always will.

I forgot to ask, but how are doing lately jcwit?

Love Life
    Yeah, I've got 1600 messages stored out of 400 allowed. I've got to clean some things up after kicking my vendor sponsor status to the curb.